Mod+ 234. GLOBAL WARMING, CLIMATE CHANGE AND OUR ILLUSION OF CONTROL

Poll Finds Most People Would Rather Be Annihilated By Giant Tidal Wave Than Continue To Be Lectured By Climate Change Activists

U.S.—A new study found that most people would rather be annihilated by a giant tidal wave caused by climate change than continue to be lectured by climate change activists.

Study participants were given the option of having the earth flooded by massive tidal waves or listening to virtue-signaling, smarmy lectures by environmentalists for the next decade. Over 87% of respondents selected, "Bring on the tidal wave." A few people said they'd rather take the lectures, but after hearing a few minutes of the lectures, quickly changed their minds. Several respondents rushed straight to the ocean, arms outstretched, and asked the sea to take us all.

"Come, sweet death," one man scrawled on the survey response form after hearing just 30 seconds of a Greta Thunberg lecture. "O, sweet release that ends my suffering on this mortal plane! Embrace me in your salty arms, great wave of destiny."

"Honestly, between Greta and the climate change, I'll take the climate change," said one man in Minnesota. "Heck, it's Minnesota, don't ya know. We could use a little warming. But even if it turns out to be catastrophic -- I'll take the tidal wave."

Fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, and bees also polled higher than the activists.

That's kind of a relief really.

These extremists are dangerous and they don't even know it. They are pretentious and act morally superior.

They are useful idiots acting exactly as they have been programmed to. Let's hope these lemmings don't drag the rest of us over the cliff into technocracy. That is what's at stake.

Yes please, bring on the tidal wave. :)

Poll Finds Most People Would Rather Be Annihilated By Giant Tidal Wave Than Continue To Be Lectured By Climate Change Activists

U.S.—A new study found that most people would rather be annihilated by a giant tidal wave caused by climate change than continue to be lectured by climate change activists.

Study participants were given the option of having the earth flooded by massive tidal waves or listening to virtue-signaling, smarmy lectures by environmentalists for the next decade. Over 87% of respondents selected, "Bring on the tidal wave." A few people said they'd rather take the lectures, but after hearing a few minutes of the lectures, quickly changed their minds. Several respondents rushed straight to the ocean, arms outstretched, and asked the sea to take us all.

"Come, sweet death," one man scrawled on the survey response form after hearing just 30 seconds of a Greta Thunberg lecture. "O, sweet release that ends my suffering on this mortal plane! Embrace me in your salty arms, great wave of destiny."

"Honestly, between Greta and the climate change, I'll take the climate change," said one man in Minnesota. "Heck, it's Minnesota, don't ya know. We could use a little warming. But even if it turns out to be catastrophic -- I'll take the tidal wave."

Fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, and bees also polled higher than the activists.

That's kind of a relief really.

These extremists are dangerous and they don't even know it. They are pretentious and act morally superior.

They are useful idiots acting exactly as they have been programmed to. Let's hope these lemmings don't drag the rest of us over the cliff into technocracy. That is what's at stake.

Yes please, bring on the tidal wave. :)

Well, the Babylon Bee is a satirical website... in case if someone didn't notice it oneself... but their satires are sometimes closer to actual reality than all claiming-to-be-truly-factual news.

Being force to encounter a high-level aggressive stupidity is a literal torture. It is like experiencing a psychic annihilation while still being alive, since aggressive stupidity tear us apart all the three existential anchors, something that makes the existence worth existing, something which inspires us to re-create our-Selves from the Void every moment of our lives - Joy, Power and Meaning.

And the (digital) totalitarianism is THE worst state of existence in that one can find oneself trapped, since it is a system in that aggressive stupidity of the ruling elite become inescapble for everyone. Such fate is worse than an economic collapse. Worse that a natural catastrophe. Worse than a full-scale war. It's being in hellish not-existence while being existent still.

Yet it is

Well, the Babylon Bee is a satirical website... in case if someone didn't notice it oneself... but their satires are sometimes closer to actual reality than all claiming-to-be-truly-factual news.

Being force to encounter a high-level aggressive stupidity is a literal torture. It is like experiencing a psychic annihilation while still being alive, since aggressive stupidity tear us apart all the three existential anchors, something that makes the existence worth existing, something which inspires us to re-create our-Selves from the Void every moment of our lives - Joy, Power and Meaning.

And the (digital) totalitarianism is THE worst state of existence in that one can find oneself trapped, since it is a system in that aggressive stupidity of the ruling elite become inescapble for everyone. Such fate is worse than an economic collapse. Worse that a natural catastrophe. Worse than a full-scale war. It's being in hellish not-existence while being existent still.

Wait, the tidal wave is not a reasonable option ? Crap. :)

Wait, the tidal wave is not a reasonable option ? Crap. :)

Yea, it wasn't. Sadly. :eek:

Now being very serious: in our time, we are quickly moving to the state of events when we will literally choose between the two options:

1) ultimately and lethally horrible: being doomed to a hellish semblance of existence as a constantly watched and controlled cog in a digital-totalitarian nightmare;

2) somewhat less horrible but still quite ugly: an ultra-violent, teeth-gnashingly mutually hostile and polarised, uprising that will ignite something resembling a planetary-scale civil war, will lead to insane level of suffering and destruction in the process, yet will still thwart the movement to the digital-totalitarian hell-on-earth.

In the first scenario there is no hope at all, forever; once digital totalitarianism is fully installed, there is no chance to overcome it, since the reisitance is impossible for people whose every word and act is being watched and controlled - not just by some people who could be evaded or deceived, but by highly-developed AI capable of analysing collossal loads of information instantly. Probably even the ultimate despreate form of protest - suicide - would become impossible, because there would probably be some kind of "suicide prevention" programme implemented, which will analyse the slightest "suicide ideation indicating behavioral signs" and dispatching a psychiatric team to lock one up if any of such signs are being noticed. So, it will be a literal hell on earth, without escape or salvation.

In the second scenario there is hope for the better future; it is ugly, but not hellishly ugly. Yet, this hope would be actualised only for a few people who will survive the global civil war - and would not be physically crippled or mentally broken by what they endured during its course. And even they would be doomed to live with the physical and mental scars that won't heal, with the memory of loved ones lost, of homes and living destroyed, etc.

The problem is, I can't see any option beyond these two. None. No more. All fires of hope for some light-and-love kind of solution is exstinguished. We are long past the point love-and-light could work: in 1960s-1970s, there were a tiny window of opportunity, a small passing chance that we can evade the darkness that the future holds for us. Yet the opportunity was ignored, the chance wasted. From where we are standing now, we can only move forward in two ways: into the maw of totalitarian hell, to rot there for eternity, or through the incredibly violent civil-war purgatory that will let the scarred and scorched few who will triumph in all its challenges go, with a renewed chance to build a better life, yet will kill anyone who failed to endure at least a single ordeal on the path to release.

Yea, it wasn't. Sadly. :eek:

Now being very serious: in our time, we are quickly moving to the state of events when we will literally choose between the two options:

1) ultimately and lethally horrible: being doomed to a hellish semblance of existence as a constantly watched and controlled cog in a digital-totalitarian nightmare;

2) somewhat less horrible but still quite ugly: an ultra-violent, teeth-gnashingly mutually hostile and polarised, uprising that will ignite something resembling a planetary-scale civil war, will lead to insane level of suffering and destruction in the process, yet will still thwart the movement to the digital-totalitarian hell-on-earth.

In the first scenario there is no hope at all, forever; once digital totalitarianism is fully installed, there is no chance to overcome it, since the reisitance is impossible for people whose every word and act is being watched and controlled - not just by some people who could be evaded or deceived, but by highly-developed AI capable of analysing collossal loads of information instantly. Probably even the ultimate despreate form of protest - suicide - would become impossible, because there would probably be some kind of "suicide prevention" programme implemented, which will analyse the slightest "suicide ideation indicating behavioral signs" and dispatching a psychiatric team to lock one up if any of such signs are being noticed. So, it will be a literal hell on earth, without escape or salvation.

In the second scenario there is hope for the better future; it is ugly, but not hellishly ugly. Yet, this hope would be actualised only for a few people who will survive the global civil war - and would not be physically crippled or mentally broken by what they endured during its course. And even they would be doomed to live with the physical and mental scars that won't heal, with the memory of loved ones lost, of homes and living destroyed, etc.

The problem is, I can't see any option beyond these two. None. No more. All fires of hope for some light-and-love kind of solution is exstinguished. We are long past the point love-and-light could work: in 1960s-1970s, there were a tiny window of opportunity, a small passing chance that we can evade the darkness that the future holds for us. Yet the opportunity was ignored, the chance wasted. From where we are standing now, we can only move forward in two ways: into the maw of totalitarian hell, to rot there for eternity, or through the incredibly violent civil-war purgatory that will let the scarred and scorched few who will triumph in all its challenges go, with a renewed chance to build a better life, yet will kill anyone who failed to endure at least a single ordeal on the path to release.

Yeah I agree with that. We have crossed the threshold. It is hard to imagine a future where we actually unite against what is in reality, relatively only a very few. We just accept the systems that both divide us and enslave us as being normal, we are born into it and accept it as simply being how things are. We have never known anything better. We are institutionalized and completely domesticated. We are too self absorbed, superficial and easily manipulated to change.

I would offer another scenario. A global natural event. It also would be devastating and I think this is quite likely for many reasons. Call it divine intervention if you will. I believe it has happened before and will happen again. Our myths are full of these symbols and stories.

In Plato's Atlantis he spoke of the society that had become corrupt, it became cruel and greedy, it began to impose it's power over the world. To quote: "Atlantis ceased to wear its prosperity with moderation" Because of this it was struck down by the Gods.

This is where we are at today.

Greta’s Generational Supremacists: Indoctrinated German Girls Sing: “My Grandma Is An Old Environmental Scumbag! Pig”
I changed the headline here. I don't know how good this translation is, I'm pretty sure umwelt sau translates better to environmental pig. Anyway the message is still pretty clear. Child abuse in action. What is wrong with these people!

My grandma rides a motorbike, a motorbike, a motorbike in the chicken coop.​
That’s a thousand liters of super every month. My grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma says riding a motorcycle is cool…​
She uses it as a wheelchair at the retirement home. My grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma drives to the doctor in an SUV.​
She runs over two old ladies with a rollator, my grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma makes a cutlet, a cutlet, a cutlet every day.​
Because discount meat costs next to nothing, my grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma doesn’t fly anymore, she’s purified, purified, purified. Instead, she now goes on a cruise ten times a year, my grandma is not an environmental scumbag. My grandma’s not an environmental scumbag.”​
The song ends with the audio quote by Greta Thunberg: “We will not let you get away with this!”
https://notrickszone.com/2019/12/29...sing-grandmother-is-an-environmental-scumbag/

I don't know about you, but I think a granny riding a motorcycle is actually pretty cool! :)​

funny-granny-ridding-bike-chopper-260nw-698172121.jpg

Greta’s Generational Supremacists: Indoctrinated German Girls Sing: “My Grandma Is An Old Environmental Scumbag! Pig”
I changed the headline here. I don't know how good this translation is, I'm pretty sure umwelt sau translates better to environmental pig. Anyway the message is still pretty clear. Child abuse in action. What is wrong with these people!

My grandma rides a motorbike, a motorbike, a motorbike in the chicken coop.​
That’s a thousand liters of super every month. My grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma says riding a motorcycle is cool…​
She uses it as a wheelchair at the retirement home. My grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma drives to the doctor in an SUV.​
She runs over two old ladies with a rollator, my grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma makes a cutlet, a cutlet, a cutlet every day.​
Because discount meat costs next to nothing, my grandma is an old environmental scumbag.​
My grandma doesn’t fly anymore, she’s purified, purified, purified. Instead, she now goes on a cruise ten times a year, my grandma is not an environmental scumbag. My grandma’s not an environmental scumbag.”​
The song ends with the audio quote by Greta Thunberg: “We will not let you get away with this!”
https://notrickszone.com/2019/12/29...sing-grandmother-is-an-environmental-scumbag/

I don't know about you, but I think a granny riding a motorcycle is actually pretty cool! :)​

funny-granny-ridding-bike-chopper-260nw-698172121.jpg

Some people now claim it was all just a joke... :eek:

A few pages back the issue over the Australian BOM records came up. Basically that they were hiding the very early heatwaves. The ABC (Australian Bullshit Corporation) reported that the earlier methods had not been standardized.

435 people died in an 1896 heatwave — but scientists say the extreme heat events of today are still hotter
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12...tists-cant-compare-today/11809998?pfmredir=sm

Tony Heller dives deep into this to see if this holds any water. Who is lying? Here's a short version. See the link for more.

Dead Dingoes Don’t Lie, But Climate Scientists Do
Australian government “scientists say” that observers in the past simply weren’t smart enough to know whether the thermometer they were reading was in the sun or in the shade.

The global standard for temperature measurement includes the use of a Stevenson screen, which is a white louvred box allowing ventilation and ensuring thermometers inside are never exposed to the sun.
A Stevenson screen was not installed in Bourke until August 1908, meaning temperature readings from before that could be inflated by as much as 2C.​
Let’s look at some past heatwaves, and see if the BOM excuses for hiding past heat are valid. The January 1878 heatwave was global, and caused birds to drop out of the trees. BOM seems to believe that the birds would have been OK, had observers kept their thermometers out of the sun.

Image0409342019.png

Minnesota had their warmest winter on record in 1878.

The 1896 heatwave in Australia was the hotetst on record, and killed huge numbers of kangaroos, dingoes, rabbits and birds. Once again, BOM seems to believe that these animals were victims of improperly situated thermometers.

Image0712102019-2-696x1024.png

Night time temperatures were extremely hot too. Apparently BOM believes these were due to thermometers in the sun at midnight.

https://realclimatescience.com/2019/12/dead-dingoes-dont-lie-but-climate-scientists-do/#more-58361

There is much more at the link above.

So basically all of these people, and animals could have survived if the thermometers had simply been properly placed. Or not placed in the sun at midnight. Also the heatwaves around the world in the same periods would not have happened if there were more standardized stations with digitized data instead. So don't worry you can rest assured that heatwaves today are still hotter.

The problem is, in our times of perpetual mindless outrage it is quite hard to separate a satirical art from a factual claim. They look eerily similar. :eek::eek::eek:
vortex,
good observation. we are facing a threshold of lethality for the entire race. not in a biblical sense but as in Global Catastrophism and GLOBAL WARMING is just the circus to keep the people confused. Think mini ICE AGE! Then all the accompanying goodies such as famine, disease and war. Global Warming is just noise while they pick your pocket and they prepare.

The problem is, in our times of perpetual mindless outrage it is quite hard to separate a satirical art from a factual claim. They look eerily similar. :eek::eek::eek:

I think the joke thing came after the backlash. What else could you do?

The line at the end seems a bit out of place for a punch line. :)

When you think about it teaching kids to either endorse or mock such a subject is just plain wrong. It is indoctrination either way. Very bad form.

If you are going to teach them, teach them the controversy, then they learn how to think and not just be another mouthpiece. That would never happen in our times and it wouldn't make a very good song. :)

Last edited:
Yet another incredible synchronicity. I responded to Laird about this only just this morning. I swear the universe just serves this up right into my lap.

Hiding Australia's Hot Past

This is a bullshit argument for a number of reasons.

1. Australia is a large area where temperatures vary wildly. Those familiar will be aware of Marble Bar in WA, considered the hottest place in the the country for ages. True or not I do not know.
2. Formal BOM readings have to be taken in a uniform format - slatted box in a standard setting. This gives a reading that is meaningful for statistical purposes. But is it complete bullshit when we consider lived experiences. It is not unreasonable for the lived experience of a temperature to 10+ above what is formally recorded in the controlled setting.

We need to get away from the silly notion that what is formally recorded by the BOM at its stations represents a uniform actual temperature experienced by humans. There is no actual uniform temperature. All the BOM can record and report is what it records at its standardised recording sites.

Temperature is not a standard condition that spreads across a region. But the BOM has to have a standard for measuring. That does not mean that what is recorded in a BOM measuring site applies to all surrounding situations. I live in Katoomba and the recording site for my area is in Mt Victoria. That's about 20 mins drive away. A few years ago I was curious why my personal thermometer was 8 degrees C out of whack with the BOM figure and rang to ask what was going on. The explanation made complete sense.

So here's the thing. You can have a stinking hot day and the BOM says it is 44 where you are. But in fact it could be 54, or 38. A few years ago I drove out of Penrith on a day that had a formal reading of 42, but even up at Blaxland my car thermometer was recording 46. The 'real' temperate in Penrith on that day? No such thing. It depended on where you were, and when you were.

So we have no way of interrogating historic records without knowing critical information. I frequently check my car thermometer with the BOM report for my area and my car can be +/- up to 8 degrees - and that is never standing in full sun. Just moving my car will cause a 4 degree variation in 10 minutes.

This is a bullshit argument for a number of reasons.

1. Australia is a large area where temperatures vary wildly. Those familiar will be aware of Marble Bar in WA, considered the hottest place in the the country for ages. True or not I do not know.
2. Formal BOM readings have to be taken in a uniform format - slatted box in a standard setting. This gives a reading that is meaningful for statistical purposes. But is it complete bullshit when we consider lived experiences. It is not unreasonable for the lived experience of a temperature to 10+ above what is formally recorded in the controlled setting.

We need to get away from the silly notion that what is formally recorded by the BOM at its stations represents a uniform actual temperature experienced by humans. There is no actual uniform temperature. All the BOM can record and report is what it records at its standardised recording sites.

Temperature is not a standard condition that spreads across a region. But the BOM has to have a standard for measuring. That does not mean that what is recorded in a BOM measuring site applies to all surrounding situations. I live in Katoomba and the recording site for my area is in Mt Victoria. That's about 20 mins drive away. A few years ago I was curious why my personal thermometer was 8 degrees C out of whack with the BOM figure and rang to ask what was going on. The explanation made complete sense.

So here's the thing. You can have a stinking hot day and the BOM says it is 44 where you are. But in fact it could be 54, or 38. A few years ago I drove out of Penrith on a day that had a formal reading of 42, but even up at Blaxland my car thermometer was recording 46. The 'real' temperate in Penrith on that day? No such thing. It depended on where you were, and when you were.

So we have no way of interrogating historic records without knowing critical information. I frequently check my car thermometer with the BOM report for my area and my car can be +/- up to 8 degrees - and that is never standing in full sun. Just moving my car will cause a 4 degree variation in 10 minutes.

He backs it up with facts Michael. You must have missed the post that is linked below .
The lived experience as you call it was much harsher in the past. Where are all the dead livestock, kangaroos, birds, rabbits and dingo's in the recent heat waves?
During these same periods it was also global.
http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threa...e-and-our-illusion-of-control.412/post-137893

Last edited:
Their is no doubt we are seeing extremes in weather on both ends of the scale. The problem with CAGW is that the extreme colds do not fit that narrative. Something else is going on. We have just seen a historically significant amount of consecutive spotless days on the sun. This is a big deal.
2019 had 281 spotless days.

If the trend continues we will should see even more extremes this year, colder cold, hotter hot, dryer drought, wetter wets. We may also see more volcanic activity. Perhaps less frequent but more intense Earthquakes. It is not certain we are heading into a grand solar minimum, we can't be sure yet but we will know soon enough. 2019 broke thousands of cold temperature records. We will over the next few years be moving towards the solar maximum of cycle 25. It will be interesting to see how much of a maximum it will be. We should know by then. NASA predicts a Dalton type event, while Zharkova is predicting a Maunder type. If any of this is true we can say goodbye to AGW and finally we will recognize Sol for what it is, a fricken star that has a far greater impact than a trace gas! We need to be observant and not fall into the trap of what is simply spoon fed to us.

The stratosphere is also showing the extremes. It has always happened but all of these things together are not at all business as usual I think.

From spaceweather.com...
POLAR STRATOSPHERIC CLOUDS
A spectacular display of polar stratospheric clouds (PSCs) that began two days ago is still going strong around the Arctic Circle. This picture, taken on Dec. 31st by Per-Anders Gustavsson in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden, shows why some onlookers mistake them for daytime auroras:
psc_icehotel_strip.jpg
"The colors were amazing," says Gustavsson, who drives a tour bus for Visit Abisko. "I was driving by the world-famous Ice Hotel when we saw the clouds. We just had to stop for pictures."

"I've seen a lot of beautiful things during my years in the Arctic," he adds. "This was easily one of the greatest displays I have ever seen."

Polar stratospheric clouds are newsworthy because normally the stratosphere has no clouds at all. The stratosphere is arid and almost always transparent. Only when the temperature drops to a staggeringly cold -85C can sparse water molecules assemble themselves into icy stratospheric clouds. PSCs are far more rare than auroras.

The clouds are even visible at night, as shown in this Dec. 31st photo taken by Fredrik Broms in Kvaløya, Norway:

Fredrik-Broms-PSC_Kvaloya_Norway_31dec2019_FredrikBroms-2_1577795662_strip.jpg

"Better than New Year fireworks – by far!" says Broms. "What an amazing way to end 2019."

"This really is a rare event," says Chad Blakley, who runs the Lights over Lapland aurora tour service in Abisko, Sweden. "Local villagers in both Abisko and Kiruna who are more than 70 years old confirmed they have never seen anything of the size, scale, or intensity. At one point I would say that close to 25% of the sky was filled with the clouds. PSCs we have seen in previous winters have been closer to 1% or 2%."

Polar stratospheric clouds are intensely colorful because they are made of a special type of ice. High-altitude sunlight shining through microscopic crystals only ~10µm across produce a bright iridescent glow unlike the lesser iridescence of ordinary tropospheric clouds.

Back