Mod+ 243. SCOTT DE TAMBLE EXPLORES LIVES BETWEEN LIVES

Interesting post, thanks.
Dimitri is a very uncommon name in Italy, unless you have russian/balkan origins, did you learn more about the origins of the character from the past live?
Hey Bucky, no, I never explored it again, as I said the main reason for me doing it was to help resolve some personal issues at the time, which it did, and the hypnotherapist was a friend of a friend of mine, and offered me the one session for free. I may go back again one day and have some more sessions.

Hey Bucky, no, I never explored it again, as I said the main reason for me doing it was to help resolve some personal issues at the time, which it did, and the hypnotherapist was a friend of a friend of mine, and offered me the one session for free. I may go back again one day and have some more sessions.
Ok, thanks. I was just wondering.

Alex's question at the end of the interview:

Have you ever had any experiences with past-life memories/regression, and if so what were they?

I underwent a past-life and life-between-life session recently - the individual that guided the session was certified with the Newton Institiute. My motivation was primarily to form what you might call a "knowing" about things spiritual. Did the session confirm or deny anything to me personally about the spirit world or past lives? I can't say that it did. I did recall two past lives, but I am highly skeptical that they were in fact true past lives, rather they seemed to be more what my mind decided to conjure at the suggestion that I experience something via the guided hypnosis. The life-between-life I am also fairly skeptical of in the sense that I had read Newton's books and therefore had a pre-conceived idea of what I was "supposed" to experience. I see this as somewhat of a problem in these sessions because of the possible pre-conceived nature of what it is you're "supposed" to experience.

Ultimately, however, I can speak to the idea that I did tap into something deeper in my unconscious that did seem to have some greater wisdom in regard to some of the personal issues I wanted to address. A the very least, there was a deeper connection to the "inner knowing" of self, which I think goes to the ability to let go of so much of the ego-mind and embrace the higher part of self. At least, that's my interpretation. There was a part of me that was disappointed I didn't get the soul revelations I was looking for, but there was some value in the information that I revealed to myself. I had some trepidation going into the whole process, but I have to say there was nothing really scary or frightening about the experience - it's just you relaxing and communing with a deeper part of yourself.

I would encourage anyone who is seeking to try the experience with a reputable practictioner.

@Lex. Thanks for your post, it's quite interesting.
If you don't mind I'd like to ask a few questions:
did you find that the narrative that your mind decided to "conjure up" made sense to you? To be more precise, was it well organized or maybe confused, or contradictory?

Did you recognize symbols or elements that might have been suggested by previous life experiences or readings?

Was there any emotional connection with those stories or did you feel more of a distant observer?

Was the hypnotic induction as neutral as possible or did it include suggestions that might have hinted to specific images/situations?

Cheers

@Lex. Thanks for your post, it's quite interesting.
If you don't mind I'd like to ask a few questions:
did you find that the narrative that your mind decided to "conjure up" made sense to you? To be more precise, was it well organized or maybe confused, or contradictory?

Did you recognize symbols or elements that might have been suggested by previous life experiences or readings?

Was there any emotional connection with those stories or did you feel more of a distant observer?

Was the hypnotic induction as neutral as possible or did it include suggestions that might have hinted to specific images/situations?

Cheers

Don't mind at all. The past life narrative did, indeed, seem to have some "rhyme or reason" to it, although at times I felt I was "grasping" to come up with that narrative, rather than something that easily flowed. Parts of it seemed to make sense, while other portions seemed much more "forced". This could easily have just been that I was not "immersed" enough or at a deep-enough level. As this is all highly subjective, it's really hard to put a finger on why my experience did not conform to the "advertised" experience. There was nothing extremely contradictory, but in terms of the lives being "real", the names/places mention were not confirmed as real from the research I did.

Now that you mention it, there was some connection or recognition to the past lives - one was a of medieval warrior, the other of a baseball player. Both of these things I have been involved with to some extent in my life, but then that would make sense why I would select these things as past lives and have some type of emotional connection to :-) I think this might provide more evidence to the possibility that my brain was just coming up with past lives that felt possible/familiar.

I felt the approach was very neutral and well done from that standpoint. It was really my OWN pre-conceived notions that may have tainted the results in some way.

@Lex: thanks.
I guess the vast majority of people who decides to undergo a past life or in-between-life regression has already some knowledge (or lots of it) about what the experience is supposed to be like. Especially the latter. Back in the days when Newton was working "secretely" with his first clients I don't think this was the case, though.

I am also not sure if it is sufficient to have read a couple of books to be able to condition the subconscious/unconscious to produce similar stories. If that was the case then any book or movie could potentially have same power and we would get regressed people reporting of being a super hero or a british secret agent always surrounded by blonde babes and fancy cars. :D

Sure, there can also be the expectation playing a role but what we expect on the surface (mostly consciously) may not be able to profoundly condition the most deeper levels of the psyche. Well ... unless there's a long standing and pressing destire to obtain some fantastic information from the reading. In which case anything could happen, I suppose.

cheers

In addition to Psi, Turing apparently believed in reincarnation:

'When the body dies the 'mechanism' of the body, holding the spirit is gone and the spirit finds a new body sooner or later, perhaps immediately.'

- Alan Turing

Not proof of anything, but just seemed of interest. I also like his quote about science & religion:

"Messages from the Unseen World:

The Universe is the interior of the Light Cone of the Creation

Science is a Differential Equation. Religion is a Boundary Condition"

I posted this video in another thread. Richard Martini is a filmmaker who started interviewing people involved in past life & between lives hypnotic regression and filming sessions (he mentions working with Scott De Tamble). He was struck by recurrent commonalities, as well as being able to verify the information reported regarding past lives (including when he accepted to undergo it himself). He's since brought that material together with NDEs and recently mediumship, and he released the film Flipside: A Journey to the Afterlife (2012), and four related books since. He talks about it in this inaccurately-titled IANDS conference video (between 7:30 and 20:17 and then later on the video again):

The thing I'm wondering about is that Martini, who also interviewed Bruce Greyson, Mario Beauregard, and others, brings up how Bruce Greyson repeated to him the Ian Stevenson line that you can't study past-life regression scientifically, a point Martini seems to automatically accept, which is why he then also studied NDEs and looked at the similarities with past-life regressions, etc. But isn't that a questionable claim? Yes, regression therapy has more than its share of traps - potentially false memories, potentially leading the patient, etc. - but couldn't some of those be controlled for in some fashion? Like leading the patient, a point Martini was keen to observe and check. Sessions could be filmed (as Martini did), there could be strict guidelines in an experiment as to what a therapist isn't or isn't allowed to say.

More to the point, if Martini and others (including Newton reportedly) are able to verify that the data reported in past lives can be checked (in many cases) and is found to be accurate and that at least in some cases it is possible to rule out the patient having been able to know this information, to me that seems to open up an avenue of potential scientific experimentation.

There might be a lot of challenges and difficulties involved in setting up a sound experiment structure, maybe in the end insurmountable, but that's a different point than dismissing the whole field as scientifically invalid from the get-go.

---
BTW, lots of videos with Scott De Tamble at Richard Martini's youtube channel, like this one:

Last edited:
More to the point, if Martini and others (including Newton reportedly) are able to verify that the data reported in past lives can be checked (in many cases) and is found to be accurate and that at least in some cases it is possible to rule out the patient having been able to know this information, to me that seems to open up an avenue of potential scientific experimentation.

I agree. The claim that past-life regression can't be studied scientifically is incorrect.

But it's also worth pointing out that science is not the only way of obtaining truth.

China had an industrial revolution hundreds of years before the west invented science and for many centuries China was far more advanced technologically than the west.

And while science can be a useful tool for learning the truth, science is not a guarantee of truth. Science itself can be deeply flawed.

http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com/p/62014-...erlife.html#articles_by_subject_bogus_science
"Most published research findings are false"

More here (and in following posts in that thread):
But people who think science is the only way to obtain information about the universe are believers in the religion of Scientism. They ignore all of history before the scientific revolution when people developed knowledge and technology without the use of randomized double blind experiments. The best example of this is to consider what would happen if a believer of Scientism became lost in the desert or in a jungle. He would be dead in a day or two unless prescientific aborigines found him and showed him how to survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Mj1bwTM08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3at1K-SzCk

Last edited:
I posted this video in another thread. Richard Martini is a filmmaker who started interviewing people involved in past life & between lives hypnotic regression and filming sessions (he mentions working with Scott De Tamble). He was struck by recurrent commonalities, as well as being able to verify the information reported regarding past lives (including when he accepted to undergo it himself). He's since brought that material together with NDEs and recently mediumship, and he released the film Flipside: A Journey to the Afterlife (2012), and four related books since. He talks about it in this inaccurately-titled IANDS conference video (between 7:30 and 20:17 and then later on the video again):

The thing I'm wondering about is that Martini, who also interviewed Bruce Greyson, Mario Beauregard, and others, brings up how Bruce Greyson repeated to him the Ian Stevenson line that you can't study past-life regression scientifically, a point Martini seems to automatically accept, which is why he then also studied NDEs and looked at the similarities with past-life regressions, etc. But isn't that a questionable claim? Yes, regression therapy has more than its share of traps - potentially false memories, potentially leading the patient, etc. - but couldn't some of those be controlled for in some fashion? Like leading the patient, a point Martini was keen to observe and check. Sessions could be filmed (as Martini did), there could be strict guidelines in an experiment as to what a therapist isn't or isn't allowed to say.

There might be a lot of challenges and difficulties involved in setting up a sound experiment structure, maybe in the end insurmountable, but that's a different point than dismissing the whole field as scientifically invalid from the get-go.

---
BTW, lots of videos with Scott De Tamble at Richard Martini's youtube channel, like this one:
couldn't agree more. this idea that hypnosis (which we don't understand) and/or regression (which we know even less about, but isn't really different than hypnosis) somehow invalidates this otherwise clean process of remember traumatic events is riddled with silliness.

Back