Mod+ 257. DR. DIANE POWELL FINDS TELEPATHY AMONG AUTISTIC SAVANT CHILDREN

This is laughable. This forum is populated with some of the most open-minded psi-positive minds on the internet. Many of these same folks offered very constructive criticism of your preliminary work. You are supposed to be a scientist, but you are acting like a child spurned at a birthday party. Grow up.
I'm sure this will help enormously. Fell better now?

I'm not sure what you mean. I'd say the same thing to my own kids. If you really want to do something important then fucking do it. Quit bitching and moaning about other people "impeding your progress."
Chillax mate. This is no Youtube comment section. And it's really not helpful.

Piss off, Bucky. All I'm saying is that if something is important, then quick making excuses. Stand up. There is a dignity to being a true human being.
It's also so easy judging people... sooo easy... a couple of "data points" and you're already "know", innit? ;)
Come on...

It's also so easy judging people... sooo easy... a couple of "data points" and you're already "know", innit? ;)
Come on...
If I didn't hold myself to the same standards then I wouldn't say anything. I'm tired of the whiny "everyone is making it so hard on me" attitude that has become the norm everywhere. Become a fucking warrior. Tear your fucking heart out and commit to your destiny. Anything else is bullshit. You get one go round. I do the work every single day. And if I don't then I make sure that I know why I failed and how to succeed the next. It's about honesty and looking into the face of death. If you don't think it is, then you are just kidding yourself.

If I didn't hold myself to the same standards then I wouldn't say anything. I'm tired of the whiny "everyone is making it so hard on me" attitude that has become the norm everywhere. Become a fucking warrior. Tear your fucking heart out and commit to your destiny. Anything else is bullshit. You get one go round. I do the work every single day. And if I don't then I make sure that I know why I failed and how to succeed the next. It's about honesty and looking into the face of death. If you don't think it is, then you are just kidding yourself.
So you teach lessons on how things should be done to people you don't even know, but you're sure they're not doing it right...

So you teach lessons on how things should be done to people you don't even know, but you're sure they're not doing it right...
I haven't any idea what you are talking about. I was supportive of Dr. Powell when she first presented her work here. And I still think it is a valuable avenue for exploration. All my remarks are based on her attitude that somehow the posters on this forum have impeded her progress. That's a ridiculous assertion.

I gotta say I kinda agree with Far.From.Here.

Also, it's possible the reason Deepak Chopra and Sheldrake learned of Diane's work is I contacted both of them after learning about it on this very forum. Not saying I was the definitive force - maybe others did the same - but anyway I think the posters here who respectfully engaged Diane's work did so in the spirit of genuine skepticism rather than the materialist evangelism of the pseudoskeptical cults.

I have not had the money to return to document what she can do now, which is why I started the crowdfunding campaign. Fortunately, Rupert Sheldrake and Deepak Chopra learned of my work recently and are lending their support. I have been doing this research through self-funding, which has meant practicing psychiatry during the day and working on this during my "off-hours."
I am a great fan of Rupert Sheldrake, and I am glad you are working with him.
Once I am free of such financial concerns, much more data will be forthcoming on a regular basis. Unfortunately, forums such as this one impede my progress by demanding time, thereby taking away from the very limited time I have had to do the actual work.
Most (but not all!) of the people on this forum are very open to the implications of the work you are doing. We want you to succeed, and we want you to come out with the most convincing evidence possible.
Listening to criticism from such people may be painful for you, but you should certainly not feel it impedes your progress. If our criticism of your first video stimulates you to come up with some more unambiguous evidence, that won't have been wasted time!

David

This is laughable. This forum is populated with some of the most open-minded psi-positive minds on the internet. Many of these same folks offered very constructive criticism of your preliminary work. You are supposed to be a scientist, but you are acting like a child spurned at a birthday party. Grow up.
pls take 3 days off from posting.

Doug, Thanks for the update.

Also, I found these words particularly relevant:
As humans we constantly make assumptions about what others think or feel, based on their behavior. One common source of miscommunication is to assume others operate from the same perspective we do, and they often don’t. We live at a time when we need to understand each other, and get along better than we ever have before. Instead, miscommunication and disagreement have become the norm.
If the work helps at all in showing a possible path through this issue, I'd say it would be immensely worthwhile.

Thanks K9. It's good to know Deepak is on board with Powell's research. Now she'll have the funds to go back and study Haley using a blind protocol.

Doug

That Ramses kid/mother are not genuine. That lady is a fraud. As far as Dr. Powell's research goes, Haley could have been properly tested with a fairly small budget and results should be cut and dry if done right. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the asking of nearly a half million for this.

That Ramses kid/mother are not genuine. That lady is a fraud. As far as Dr. Powell's research goes, Haley could have been properly tested with a fairly small budget and results should be cut and dry if done right. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the asking of nearly a half million for this.
Well, if Ramses and his mom are frauds, then so is Powell. She had this to say about testing him.
I came up with the idea of playing “hangman.” I drew lines to represent the letters making up several words I was thinking. The first word was “cat.” He said “C” and then “cat” a few seconds later. We did a few more. Ramses quickly guessed the subsequent letters and words with few mistakes.
I returned in March and informally tested Ramses for telepathy on three occasions for a few minutes each. The results were extremely encouraging! The first time the mother wrote five numbers between 0 and 9 on her whiteboard, while Ramses sat across the room with the whiteboard’s back facing him. He got them all correct. One-by-one I gave the mother four different children’s playing cards with numbers on them, while being careful that Ramses did not see them. He also got all of those. I then wrote four random numbers on the whiteboard: 8134. The mother circled the 81 and Ramses said “81″ from across the room. She circled the three and he said “three”. When asked for the last number he said “four.” At another time, I handed the mother four small playing cards, one-by-one, with the numbers 2 through 10. Ramses got the first two correct. The third number was ten. He said “one”. His mother said. You’re partially correct” and moved on to the next number, the only one he completely missed out of 17.

If they're frauds and she's not picking up on it while actually there in person something is really, really screwed up about the whole situation. How the heck could the boy cheat at reading Powell's mind anyways (with CAT)? So IMO Sheldrake and Chopra, who are clearly fully supportive of Powell, need to do more than give her money. They're sitting on one of the most incredible breakthroughs in parapsychology so far this century; a boy who can telepathically access over 40 digits with 100% accuracy with seemingly no effort. I wonder what they will all do about it?

Well, if Ramses and his mom are frauds, then so is Powell. She had this to say about testing him.

If they're frauds and she's not picking up on it while actually there in person something is really, really screwed up about the whole situation. How the heck could the boy cheat at reading Powell's mind anyways (with CAT)? So IMO Sheldrake and Chopra, who are clearly fully supportive of Powell, need to do more than give her money. They're sitting on one of the most incredible breakthroughs in parapsychology so far this century; a boy who can telepathically access over 40 digits with 100% accuracy with seemingly no effort. I wonder what they will all do about it?

And the video of this? Of course there isn't any.

Back