A case of psi right here on the Skeptiko forum?

I have my own re-incarnation experience if anyone is interested.

A few years ago my co-worker needed to get an original copy of his birth certificate and asked me if I knew how. I asked him where he was born (meaning the state) and he said "Our Lady of Angels", before he could finish his sentence I blurted out "That place burned down!". I had no idea why I said that, it literally came out of my mouth with no thoughts behind it. Just that I was stating a fact. Turns out he was talking about the Hospital in Los Angeles called Our Lady of Angels. I was a bit embarrassed and went back to my desk.

So, of course I Googled 'Our Lady of Angels Fire' and was shocked that there was indeed a fire at our Lady of Angels In Chicago 1958. I read the whole article and the feeling that I got was the weirdest feeling, I can't describe it. I began to look at all the children that died in the fire and came across a picture of me. My mouth literally dropped open. Here I was staring at myself!! The eyes, the eyebrows, the hair, the mole on my chin. It was like someone took a picture of me at 12 and placed it in the memorial. But that could NOT be possible. I don't think doppleganger works in this situation as there are too many oddities to it.

How would I KNOW that place burned?

I wasn't born until 1962. The fire happened 4 years before I was born, and in another state over 1000 miles away. After 4 years it would have been old news.

I have a birthmark on my torso that starts in the middle of my stomach is about 6" in height and wraps all the way around to my back. About 12+ inches in length. I have to admit, I have never seen a birthmark quite as large as mine. I have had numerous doctors and dermatologists ask me if I was burned as a child. Apparently, it looks like a scar.

I was deathly afraid of fire as a child. To this day I get nauseous around campfire smoke.

I printed a picture of 'me' and put it on my car seat. My daughter saw it and asked me how old I was in the picture! LOL I told her 12.

http://www.olafire.com/Memorial.asp?V=59

Thoughts?

I think 4 years isn't nearly long enough of a rest. :)

Cheers,
Bill

But if there is life beyond the material who knows how time works?

In Waking Life there was mention of some guy who dreamed an entire life in one night.

But if there is life beyond the material who knows how time works?

In Waking Life there was mention of some guy who dreamed an entire life in one night.
I know! That's why I answered 99 percent sure on the psi poll last week ... I would have said 100 percent, but I'm not even sure I'm not dreaming this life! :)

Cheers,
Bill

Thoughts?
I don't know whether you are familiar with the area where the fire occurred. I was wondering whether you'd visited the area to see whether you had any unusual reactions, such as the ability to navigate without using a map, or a feeling of recognition of say some buildings or features of that area.

before he could finish his sentence I blurted out "That place burned down!". I had no idea why I said that, it literally came out of my mouth with no thoughts behind it. Just that I was stating a fact.
I was going to comment on this--although I believe everyone gets, and is capable of decoding psychic perceptions, most of us don't detect or register them. The 4 instances that I've had in recent years that I consider to be genuine psychic perceptions occurred exactly like this--sentences (that were correct) came out of my mouth with no conscious knowledge of why I was saying them. I mentioning it now because I just watched the video of Capt. Snow that Andy posted in another thread, and he describes this in his hypnosis session. Like a "door in the back of his mind" opened up:

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/police-captain-bob-snow-and-reincarnation.880/#post-22243

Cheers,
Bill

I admit, the idea of repetitively reincarnating here, is something I find quite disagreeable. The only way I could tolerate such a notion, is with the idea that this is my final reincarnation.

I don't know whether you are familiar with the area where the fire occurred. I was wondering whether you'd visited the area to see whether you had any unusual reactions, such as the ability to navigate without using a map, or a feeling of recognition of say some buildings or features of that area.

No, I have never been to Chicago, and I live on the West Coast. I could google earth the area and see if anything seems familiar?

No, I have never been to Chicago, and I live on the West Coast. I could google earth the area and see if anything seems familiar?
Maybe that might work. But I'm not sure whether it might simply be wasting your time, and also perhaps risk spoiling your chances of ever doing it for real. Thanks for the reply, at least it clarified your scenario for me.

I admit, the idea of repetitively reincarnating here, is something I find quite disagreeable. The only way I could tolerate such a notion, is with the idea that this is my final reincarnation.

BillW mentioned 4 years might not be enough time between incarnations. I wonder, the closer you get to the last incarnation does the time between lives get shorter?

I agree with Max_B the idea of repetitively incarnating is something I too find disagreeable. The irony of it is, not very many people actually experience PLM so why would we care if we keep coming back? Why DO we keep coming back anyway? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Bill

I wondered about that too, but I also considered if a life was cut short previously (age 12) if one would need as much 'rest' as someone who lived a longer time here? Or if on the other side time is nonexistent, and it doesn't matter if it's 4 years or 400?

As to the time between incarnations, from what I've heard, it can vary from maybe a few weeks to many centuries. I think the very short intervals tend to be associated with those who died while still young, perhaps as a child or young adult with much of their expected lifespan cut short. Though I'm only going by what others have said, really.

Why do we keep coming back? I think (again going by what others have said) there can be many reasons. Some actually enjoy being here, so presumably this existence offers certain possibilities which aren't available without being in the physical. Other reasons might be to have a range of widely differing experiences - no matter how much we try we can't fit everything into a single lifetime, no matter how privileged or powerful we might be. To some extent I consider life as Shakespeare put it, "All the world's a stage", and though we tend to take our lives seriously as though they are real, perhaps we are role-playing within different scenarios. One of the key words is experience, something which I really don't know what significance it has beyond this life, but seems to be important to the spiritual part of us.

BillW mentioned 4 years might not be enough time between incarnations. I wonder, the closer you get to the last incarnation does the time between lives get shorter?

I agree with Max_B the idea of repetitively incarnating is something I too find disagreeable. The irony of it is, not very many people actually experience PLM so why would we care if we keep coming back? Why DO we keep coming back anyway? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

So called Past Life memories might not be your memories?

We seem to move around and interact in 'space' pretty well. I suspect we're doing the equivalent in 'time', but that we haven't understood that yet, even though I think 'time' is staring us right in the face with the problem of 'consciousness'. Therefore our popular notions of space and time might be somewhat lopsided.

We seem to move around and interact in 'space' pretty well. I suspect we're doing the equivalent in 'time', but that we haven't understood that yet, even though I think 'time' is staring us right in the face with the problem of 'consciousness'. Therefore our popular notions of space and time might be somewhat lopsided.

I like that actually. We are all connected anyway, why couldn't someone pick up on someone else's memories. Is this something that you would say could also be attributed to psi abilities?

I have an intuitive suspicion this is true. It relates back to the criticisms of materialist hypotheses regarding memory.

I like that actually. We are all connected anyway, why couldn't someone pick up on someone else's memories. Is this something that you would say could also be attributed to psi abilities?

I don't care for the word, but yes, that would be a part of the reason in my view.

Back