Absolutely anything relevant

By contrast, skeptics value authority a great deal, which is one reason that so many of them are found in that position. They’re good soldiers, willing to be the rank and file and fill positions in larger organizations. They like to be moderators on forums, sit on decision making committees and be editors, professors and such where they have the ability to impose their views without having to deal with their own intellectual shortcomings. Because they value authority, they defend it vigilantly, which I discovered when I tried to write an article for Cracked and when these two talks were removed from ordinary viewing and flagged. In both cases, the skeptics were trying to protect the integrity and reputation of the organization by “keeping out the woo.” In their eyes, trading off freedom of ideas (which pro-psi people value greatly) for integrity and reputation (which skeptics value greatly) is a reasonable exchange. It’s not all about skeptics being evil; there are cultural differences between the two camps.

- Craig Weiler

You can change it by clicking on your name in the upper-right corner.

~~ Paul

I don't understand the point of the signature. I know who you are. Do you say "Paul" after every comment when you're speaking with an acquaintance, just in case they need to be reminded who you are?

I usually delete your signature in my replies to you because I think it takes up too much space. It's repetetive, and, quite frankly, rather annoying.

Okay, I've cooled down a bit. I've calmed my mind and have not been subjected to any moderator tyranny since. CW is back to being the great dude he's always been to me.

But if he ever again deletes a single one of my comments, it's battle time. I'll be relentless. I'll devote 120 percent of my time to making certain that, 'til the day he dies, Weiler regrets ever making such a mistake.

Every single day Craig will have to ask himself: Is today going to be a Bro's Badass Neighbor Day?

Who is this? I answered Johnny's question. I have no idea what you're talking about.

~~ Paul

Please don't troll.

I actually created this thread for anybody who wants to ask relevant questions on how to famialirise themselves with the settings or practice how to organise their responses in a more coherent and fashionable manner. Or anything relevant to using the skeptiko forum.

I recieved an answer on how to update my signature in the very first response, and also recieved a list of BB codes in my second, which gives a detailed explanation of what characters are necessary to perform specific functions when responding to messages.

I fail to see how my actions are trolling. Please explain.

Mod 4 is the account I'm using to get my moderator duties done. It's a weird fix, but it works. It's a pain to switch between accounts so sometimes I will use Mod 4 for comments.

Johnny,
I interpreted your comment as making fun of the skeptic habit of parsing the comments of others into little pieces. That's how it appeared to me. No one else seems to have seen it that way, so maybe I over reacted. I'm still trying to get the hang of this and trying to tone down the snarkiness at the same time.

Last edited:
I don't understand the point of the signature. I know who you are. Do you say "Paul" after every comment when you're speaking with an acquaintance, just in case they need to be reminded who you are?
That's not the signature that Johnny was asking about. The one he is asking about is the quote in tiny letters below the post.

I don't need a sign-off when I'm talking face to face, because I have my face there.

I usually delete your signature in my replies to you because I think it takes up too much space. It's repetetive, and, quite frankly, rather annoying.
I always delete peoples' sign-offs when I reply, too.

~~ Paul

Johnny,
I interpreted your comment as making fun of the skeptic habit of parsing the comments of others into little pieces. That's how it appeared to me. No one else seems to have seen it that way, so maybe I over reacted. I'm still trying to get the hang of this and trying to tone down the snarkiness at the same time.
Oh cripes, and I contributed to the confusion by misinterpreting your post as a comment to me rather than to Johnny, because of the nested quoting with only my text in it. Sorry about that.

~~ Paul

Johnny,
I interpreted your comment as making fun of the skeptic habit of parsing the comments of others into little pieces. That's how it appeared to me. No one else seems to have seen it that way, so maybe I over reacted.

He was practicing the use of the QUOTE boxes.

"Thanks, I am going to continue using this thread to work out how to use these pesky quotation marks"

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/absolutely-anything-relevant.2316/#post-69538

Linda

Speaking of quotes, I don't understand how to quote someone from another thread like you just did.
Go to the thread and post you want to reply to or quote, hit "reply" like you normally would, write your response. But then don't post it, just copy the whole thing and paste it in the new thread.

I actually created this thread for anybody who wants to ask relevant questions on how to famialirise themselves with the settings or practice how to organise their responses in a more coherent and fashionable manner. Or anything relevant to using the skeptiko forum.

I recieved an answer on how to update my signature in the very first response, and also recieved a list of BB codes in my second, which gives a detailed explanation of what characters are necessary to perform specific functions when responding to messages.

I fail to see how my actions are trolling. Please explain.

Mod 4 is the account I'm using to get my moderator duties done. It's a weird fix, but it works. It's a pain to switch between accounts so sometimes I will use Mod 4 for comments.

Johnny,
I interpreted your comment as making fun of the skeptic habit of parsing the comments of others into little pieces. That's how it appeared to me. No one else seems to have seen it that way, so maybe I over reacted. I'm still trying to get the hang of this and trying to tone down the snarkiness at the same time.[/quote]

No problem, I guess I didn't clarify enough in my Op either.

This thread is to ask absolutely anything relevant you might think you need to ask about the Skeptiko forum website.

I want this to appear underneath the grey box but not to be contained in a grey box

Are we able to change our signatures or are we stuck with it?

This thread is to ask absolutely anything relevant you might think you need to ask about the Skeptiko forum website.

{quote} I wonder if this works {quote}

Are we able to change our signatures or are we stuck with it?

Back