Alex Tsakiris Interview on Mysterious Universe

Alex

Administrator
alex-tsakiris-mysterious-universe1.jpg

45-minute interview with Ben and Aaron from Mysterious Universe. We talked about Skeptiko, Why Science is Wrong, and this silliness of Materialism. Really fun to do.

This was another excellent interview of Alex (and his book) by two funny and intelligent interviewers that I had never heard before. I immediately bookmarked their show "Mysterious Universe" and look forward to exploring more their website. Thanks!

My Best,
Bertha

I liked the analogy of Skeptical ideology (Blackmore, Radford, Watt, etc.) to Fox News. Also, nice to hear (non-religious) British voices open to critiquing materialism, Skepticism, ideological atheism.

Two of my favorite podcasts are Skeptiko and my "Aussie Boys" at Mysterious Universe…so imagine my delight having Alex as a guest with Aaron and Ben. Muy Bueno!!

I could not be more grateful to Adam and Ben (Mysterious Universe guys) right now. I love MU for delivering my weekly dose of fringe, and done in a way that is always fun and full of curious thoughts. Before now I had not felt compelled to follow further on one of their interviews, but Alex was really wonderful on the show and I just had to see what his podcast would be like. I have not been disappointed, in fact, each Skeptiko that I have listen to has been fantastic. I went back as far as I could download with the podcast app I have, so after hearing Alex on MU I listened to show #240, and the hook was set! haha
I will be posting down at the thread next.

Thanks again to Adam and Ben for the brilliant introduction.

See ya down at show 240 if you want to follow me down there :)
I am going to re-listen to it again before posting...... for those that might read this before I get to commenting on the Dr. David Lane episode.

I could not be more grateful to Adam and Ben (Mysterious Universe guys) right now. I love MU for delivering my weekly dose of fringe, and done in a way that is always fun and full of curious thoughts. Before now I had not felt compelled to follow further on one of their interviews, but Alex was really wonderful on the show and I just had to see what his podcast would be like. I have not been disappointed, in fact, each Skeptiko that I have listen to has been fantastic. I went back as far as I could download with the podcast app I have, so after hearing Alex on MU I listened to show #240, and the hook was set! haha
I will be posting down at the thread next.

Thanks again to Adam and Ben for the brilliant introduction.

See ya down at show 240 if you want to follow me down there :)
I am going to re-listen to it again before posting...... for those that might read this before I get to commenting on the Dr. David Lane episode.
Welcome IGWT... look forward to your postings.

BTW you can find more old shows at the new and improved archive: http://www.skeptiko.com/past-shows-2/past-shows/

Wow, that's a great archive. You just click on the link and the interview starts playing. :) Fantastic.
(I'm sure you know this Ian, but I do get this question) if you want to download any of them just right-click and save as.

Last edited:
Enjoyable podcast where Alex opens up on the background of his beliefs and his discontent with the scientific solution into the nature of consciousness, which started a journey in pursing the truth from leading academics and led to the title of his book, Science is wrong about everything. The show discusses Alex's ventures in pursing truth about the nature of consciousness from some leading accadmics in the field of neurology, who through Alex's search for truth was met with a void after asking for answers and posing fundamental questions to the experts, not only does Alex discover that the experts have insufficient answers, he discovers that they make false claims about the conclusion of another scientists results, namely Van Lommell, And how another expert offers rebuttals to NDE's and how a materialistic explanation can be given, despite previously admitting not having any sufficient knowledge of the NDE phenomena. I found it funny when these scientist were considered to be the Fox News of science, in other words its mostly propaganda what they are feeding us.

I was intrigued but not surprised that Alex admitted that the crunch came when a Bhuddist scientist inspired Alex with the deeper questions and answers sought about consciousness, I personally haven't watched all the shows but I would appreciate some well known eastern spiritual masters to come on the show and see if they have a good argument to answer Alex's questions.

Overall this was a great show and the second different podcast station other than scepticality I've listen to with Alex, I think I will listen to the Mysterious Universe podcast again and check out the show. But there's still lots more to do on Skeptiko.

Back