Anthony Peake, Is Real Reality Hidden? |447|

Anthony's accolade to Alex at the end of Skeptiko #447 was so well put and so well deserved and we can never thank Alex enough IMO for what he's done, is doing and his approach... Thank you, Alex.

I good friend of mine, a scientist, an engineer, but a believer in metaphysics and UFOs and such, surprised me when he began talking about the neutrinos from the nuclear fusion reaction in the sun. I had assumed he was knowledgeable about the EU theory of the sun.
Having an interest in metaphysics and UFOs doesn't automatically imply a disregard for conventional knowledge. There is a saying, "Man does not live by bread alone". Nevertheless, we do still depend on food, we depend upon conventional knowledge for our existence here on this planet.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for making great interviews like this episode with Anthony Peake. The Skeptiko interview style has become an acquired taste for me. I've overcame my discomfort at first and I've grown to appreciate how willing you are to confront everyone, friend and foe, and require they defend their positions. It makes for better understand for everyone, at least it does so for me.

Halton Arp was a great astronomer, and created a catalog of peculiar galaxies. He noticed that in galaxy formation two quasars were always associated and that the quasars had a different red shift than the associated galaxy. If redshift were indicative of the quasar or galaxy moving away, they would have to have the same redshift to be moving away at the same speed.

So he developed an alternative theory known as "Intrinsic Redshift" which explained the observed redshift as an phenomenon that indicated something other than an expanding universe. Although Hubble, who was a contemporary and a colleague of Arp, first noted redshift, he never agreed with the conclusion that it indicated an expanding universe.

It is the notion of the expanding universe that the Big Bang theory is based. Of course, there's an irony in the embrace of the Big Bang theory by the scientific reductionists in that it was conceived by Georges Lemaître a Catholic Priest astronomer at the bequest of the Pope to keep God involved in the scientific creation mythology.

The implications of Arps Intrinsic Redshift are important for supporting the Electric Universe theory. The age of the elements has something to do with the electric currents forming galaxies. The Electric Universe theory of galaxy and star formation can be demonstrated in the lab and involve Birkeland Currents. All stars form along the long galactic filaments.

Another huge implication of the Electric Universe is how it eliminates the purely mathematical mythology of having a Black Hole in the center of a galaxy. The Electric Universe also explain with electricity how galaxies are able to have their shape and movement with the need for Dark Matter.

Another huge implication of the Electric Universe Plasma Cosmology is the speed of light is not a constant nor is it the limit of how fast things can travel, and the EU proponents, like Wal Thornhill do a great job of challenging the need for Quantum Entanglement to explain "spooky action at a distance".

There's so much more, and I'm afraid I'm not doing it justice. I just heard a great eposide of The Higherside Chats talking about the Electric Universe and Plasma Cosmology and the Safire Project.

You commented during the show that maybe we're not supposed to understand the nature of reality. I think Electric Universe theory is another case of suppressed information, suppressed because if we really understand how things work, we might understand how powerful we are, how powerful is our conscious creative abilities, and that is a threat to the existing paradigm.

If we ever needed a paradigm shift, it would be about now.
awesome. thx. I keep dipping in and out of the electric universe material... maybe time for a deep dive :)

Just as we are in the Goldilocks zone 93 million miles from the sun, we have to ask why are we in the Goldilocks zone of ET interference. The answer to that question is either: A) sheer luck or B) there is a filter.
nice!

If there is a filter, then at lower levels that filter involves the vast distances of space. But if the vast distances of space-time are traversible which they appear to be, then the door is open to not merely space travel but time travel (or perhaps more correctly: story-travel ...moving perpendicular to the present timeline as Anthony puts it).

In this case, the filter must be composed of agreements among the story-travelers to preserve this present story from corruption. Agreements among sentient beings with free-will are political. Political structures are either networked or hierarchical or a combination. Considering the balance required to sustain this political structure it is likely to be a combination. There must also be those outside the political structure attempting to circumvent the rules and interfere.
double nice!!

I'm working on a video project with bruce fenton (you might remember the skeptical interview with him). his finding, and it's backed up by some good science, is that there was a War of the Worlds battle for this planet 780,000 years ago. the big takeaway for me is that we have a tendency to privilege our timeline... and our limited experience of reality/consciousness.

There seemed to be some technical issues with Skeptiko #447... or, is there something wrong at my end perhaps?

I see in the YouTube comments that others are experiencing the same issue.

This has been so, so frustrating because I want so badly to hear every word Anthony was saying... and I just can't, its like... split seconds are being sliced out of the video... and yet, Alex is just fine, so it was all coming from Anthony's side (I assume "internet" issues). I am sure Alex also is disconcerted about it but its just one of those things.

I am so grateful Alex has shared this conversation - wow.
yeah, sorry about the audio probs.

I good friend of mine, a scientist, an engineer, but a believer in metaphysics and UFOs and such, surprised me when he began talking about the neutrinos from the nuclear fusion reaction in the sun. I had assumed he was knowledgeable about the EU theory of the sun.

So, I looked through a few of the videos on YouTube and found this one on The Electric Sun.

I think I'm going to have to move Wal Thornhill's book to the top of my list so that I can be more conversant with you here in the forum!
That is a nice video, but it really illustrates my problem. It shows how electrons are flowing into the positively charged sun and generating heat - but what happens if that process goes on? The sun loses its positive potential and the process stops. Some years ago I actually did a calculation on this and came to the conclusion that the sun would rapidly discharge if this process continued. I actually sent them to Val, but I didn't get a very clear answer
the problems arise only if you treat the solar system as electrostatically isolated. Hannes Alfvén showed that the Sun forms part of a circuit. He saw the Sun as a source, the EU sees the Sun as a load in an interstellar circuit. Also, we know nuclear reactions are taking place at the Sun so the energy output does not all come from the electrical input.

A corona discharge has a ‘virtual’ cathode, which the EU defines as the heliospheric boundary. The Sun is not a discharging capacitor.
Well yes, you do need a circuit, but where is the circuit that takes the electrons away - maybe through the solar poles, but calling it a circuit doesn't solve the problem that the electrons will need to absorb as much energy as the release, just to get out of the sun again!

David

That is a nice video, but it really illustrates my problem. It shows how electrons are flowing into the positively charged sun and generating heat - but what happens if that process goes on? The sun loses its positive potential and the process stops. Some years ago I actually did a calculation on this and came to the conclusion that the sun would rapidly discharge if this process continued. I actually sent them to Val, but I didn't get a very clear answer

Well yes, you do need a circuit, but where is the circuit that takes the electrons away - maybe through the solar poles, but calling it a circuit doesn't solve the problem that the electrons will need to absorb as much energy as the release, just to get out of the sun again!

David

It's not clear to me what the larger circuit is, and in which direction it is flowing, but I do understand that Donald Scott and other EU theorists are claiming that every star is on a larger circuit connecting with other stars and that is true of galaxies as well.

My simple understanding of electric circuits is that the current flows in one direction. I think Scott implied in the linked video that the current flow sometimes reverses, and I need to do further study to confirm that.

However, what physicists sometimes refer to as 'solar wind' is actually an electric current, and Earth is connected with the Sun in a plasma current, as evidenced by the polar auroras.

It's not clear to me what the larger circuit is, and in which direction it is flowing, but I do understand that Donald Scott and other EU theorists are claiming that every star is on a larger circuit connecting with other stars and that is true of galaxies as well.

My simple understanding of electric circuits is that the current flows in one direction. I think Scott implied in the linked video that the current flow sometimes reverses, and I need to do further study to confirm that.

However, what physicists sometimes refer to as 'solar wind' is actually an electric current, and Earth is connected with the Sun in a plasma current, as evidenced by the polar auroras.
Note that the electrons flow inwards and the solar wind, which is mainly positively charged particles is flowing outwards. Thus there is really only one flow of electricity from a positively charged sun out to infinity - which is my problem!

Maybe it would be fun to have an electric sun advocate on the show, to try to sort this out. It would be a major blow to science if the concept of a nuclear powered sun were to fail!

David

Reality is hidden but to a fundamentalist or a religious person it's there perception of reality
Sqaure one

I'm working on a video project with bruce fenton (you might remember the skeptical interview with him). his finding, and it's backed up by some good science, is that there was a War of the Worlds battle for this planet 780,000 years ago. the big takeaway for me is that we have a tendency to privilege our timeline... and our limited experience of reality/consciousness.

I look forward to seeing that!

Moments ago I was watching the Youtube version of Skeptiko #447 and was around the 16 ish minute mark
As I watched the part where Peake mentions the 49 days thing I did a Google search on - "49th day of gestation" and came upon this link - https://newsinstact.com/science/sci...ys-after-the-development-of-the-pineal-gland/

which led me to this video -

and at exactly 3:56 or so, Strassman says... "after the time of death..." and then the video shows the depiction of "falling to one's death from a tall building." - here's a screenshot of a moment within the full scene.

View attachment 1633

I immediately recalled my post from yesterday - http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threa...the-evil-question-446.4504/page-6#post-141151

... and as I was thinking of how weird that would have been if I had actually let go, I was at the part of the Strassman video where the narrator says, "DMT at higher levels acted as a type of catalyst for near death experiences. In fact, it seemed to actually induce the machinery of the afterlife to swing into motion."

I do not see it as absurd to consider that by the insane act I did, I induced a sort of "near death experience" because the thoughts and images that went through my mind as I was hanging onto that steel rail outside of that 33rd floor window felt like it involved an external intelligence, just like "the voice in my head" implored me to "kill myself" to "save the world" the image of my wife and the thoughts of the pain she would soon endure truly seemed implanted by something external.

I theorize I was in that liminal space bordering this consensual reality and the soon to be joined "afterlife" and that I was like a soccer ball being kicked around by two entities, one wanting me to "kill myself for silly foolishness - 'to save the world,' yeah, right" and another wanting me "to see the reason not to... to chose over God's command not to cause the certain pain my senseless act would cause for my wife."

...and so as I watched a little more of the Rick Strassman video, and contemplate the soul entering the body on that 49th day and contemplating the implications of being "human"... seeing myself like "humus" that relates to soil, I could see that in the eyes of these other worldly entities, humans are like soil where, if the entities plant the seeds and sprinkle a little water (emotions) and throw in some sunlight (thought) that which, to them, might be experienced as quite entertaining take place.

And as I was having these thoughts, my hands, without (ordinary) conscious intent, moved to a deck of cards I have called the Crop Circle Cards - sort of like Tarot but only 64 cards. And as I cut the deck, I did my usual "slice" trick and BAM - this was the card that came out -

View attachment 1631
Quite cute. Thanks for all the words and wording used to get to the "punchline".
A full circle, if you will.
The card has allowance (implied in "gift") to have or not have but with also the aesthetic that life carries with it the "gift" idea.
A willing sharing with and of.

Thanks again, Sam.

The EU theory is based on the idea that there is no new physics involved in the electric universe. Now I am no fan of the modern approach to physics which is to invent more and more obscure things, however that doesn't mean there might not be some new physics involved, which might let the EU concept of things remain essentially intact. Just a thought.

David

The EU theory is based on the idea that there is no new physics involved in the electric universe. Now I am no fan of the modern approach to physics which is to invent more and more obscure things, however that doesn't mean there might not be some new physics involved, which might let the EU concept of things remain essentially intact. Just a thought.

David
Ah David. I'm thinking ya put EU in a box... but if you open that box to see if EU actually is in that box. You shouldn't find them there.

Hello, just a small point

I was interested in his comment about buckyballs and viruses.
I agree with Alex that the double slit experiment never ceases to amaze and the fact it works on buckyballs is even more amazing.

Anthony then said buckyballs are almost the size of a virus.
I think Corvid-19 is about 120 nm but a virus can be as small as 17 nm?
A buckyball is about 1 nm? that is a single C 60 molecule - not 60 molecules.
(so I think Anthony may have misspoke when he said buckyballs have 60 molecules in them, probably he meant 60 carbon atoms?)
This is not my area, but it sounds like 60 buckyball molecules would be virus sized, but a single C60 molecule is smaller - but Anthony's point is still well made.

I agree with Alex that the double slit experiment never ceases to amaze and the fact it works on buckyballs is even more amazing.

(so I think Anthony may have misspoke when he said buckyballs have 60 molecules in them, probably he meant 60 carbon atoms?)
This is not my area, but it sounds like 60 buckyball molecules would be virus sized, but a single C60 molecule is smaller - but Anthony's point is still well made.
I appreciate Chris' grip on the physical realities.

Welcome to the forum, Chris!

Yes, I noticed that too. I don't think Anthony's forte is hard science, but what he is talking about (in the podcast and in his excellent book) barely touches science as such, so there is no real problem.

I still hope he might come on the forum so that the discussion could go a little further.

David

I want to stress that Anthony's book is well worth buying. He pulls in a lot of strange phenomena. For example, some young children play with an 'imaginary' companion - parents almost take this for granted. However in one remarkable case someone (for no particular reason) decided to take a picture of her daughter while she was asleep. When she looked at the picture, she could see another child lying by the side of her daughter! When she showed the picture to her daughter, she immediately recognised the other image as being of her friend!

There is also a big section on psychedelics and the egregoricals that people see while under the influence of this drug.

David

EU theory is fascinating too bad I can't get a grip on it. I wish I spent my time wisely researching it more.

thx for this... love the fact check on these details :)

Back