Are ndes satanic deceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read an article similar to what is being talked about. Instead it was alien forces pretending to be light and when we for we should avoid the light as it's a trap into endless reincarnation

The Satan character from the bible was inspired by the Zoroastrian religion's concept of an eternal battle between good, Ahura Mazda and evil, that is Ahriman. The Jews inserted the devil in their Torah and scriptures after their discussions with Zoroastrians in Babylon. However, a lower astral entity or dead person in spirit may pose as Satan or any dark negative entity that may be found in religons all over the world. I would recommend reading the scriptures of other religions to get a broader view of things.
"The devil" only appears once in the OT, in Job, and appears to be almost a generic baddie who is out to cause trouble. I can't see how this can be said to be based on another philosophy. In the wealth of literature that we have, you could probably find two similar characters very easily but it doesn't mean that one author copied the other. Battles between good and evil occur everywhere and are the most obvious subject for religion. "Satan" on the other hand means "adversary" and isn't necessarily a single character at all.

Read an article similar to what is being talked about. Instead it was alien forces pretending to be light and when we for we should avoid the light as it's a trap into endless reincarnation
Now I begin to see the advantages of being an atheist! :D:D

Now I begin to see the advantages of being an atheist! :D:D
Well, the idea of alien forces works in an atheist viewpoint, doesn't it? Not sure how it would be an advantage - especially if avoiding the light means being trapped in the darkness. There are certainly reports, such as those from the tsunami in Japan, where people don't move on after their passing, but continue to wander their former habitat, unable to communicate with anyone.

Does anything in the bible say wether or not Satan can imitate God's light

Lucifer is known as the light bringer. In Luke 10:18 Jesus tells his disciples, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.”

Not that I'm religious or that I believe in any sort of devil. Just added that because of your question.

Does anything in the bible say wether or not Satan can imitate God's light
What is god's light?
It does say
13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himselfmasquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.…2 Corinthians 11:14

For what it's worth.

I've recently read that the light of an angel is a symbol of God's love it just seems like Satan or any demon should.be able to radiate light

Let me ask this does the Bible say anything about Satan being able to change people the way ndes change people

No. In fact the Pharisees condemned Jesus for healing on the sabbath and said he did good works by the power of beelzebub ("lord of the flies" or death or the devil).

Jesus said a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he destroys himself.

He then said that anyone who speaks a word against the Son will be forgiven (presumably because they might be mistaken about who the son is) but whoever blasphemes the Holy Spirit (by condemning a good work as a work of the devil as the Pharisees were doing) commits an unpardonable sin.

My interpretation of that is... just accept the goodness where you find it. If it helps people and alleviates their suffering, it can't be a work of the devil.

Wasn't he only the lightbringer before he fell

There's a funny thing about the Bible in that people keep thinking it says things it doesn't. There is no narrative about Satan as a chief angel who leads a primordial rebellion against God and who, with his followers, is subsequently cast down from heaven. This later mythos is pieced together from disparate texts and with a bit of imagination, but it requires some eisegesis (reading into the text) to make it work.

For example, the idea that Satan was "Lucifer" is drawn from Isaiah 14, which is actually an oracle directed against the (very much human) king of Babylon. Some want to suggest a double valence to the passage, in which the prophet "looks past" the king to speak a word against a supernatural figure as well. This is done because of language in the oracle about a prideful being who has fallen from heaven. But such an interpretation betrays ignorance of ancient rites of mystical ascent that were conducted by kings and priests in temple ceremonies. See Jeremy Naydler, Shamanic Wisdom in the Pyramid Texts, Algis Uzdavinys, Ascent to Heaven, and the entire corpus of Margaret Barker.

Lucifer ("light-bearer") is itself a very loose "translation" introduced in the Latin Vulgate of the Hebrew word heylel, which means "morning star." Jesus himself is called the morning star (in Greek, of course) in Revelation 22:16.

I've recently read that the light of an angel is a symbol of God's love it just seems like Satan or any demon should.be able to radiate light

Perhaps so. I would largely agree with Hurmanetar above in that such a "light" will ultimately burn those it touches. I think it is possible that malevolent entities could, in the short-term, provide benefits (i.e., healing), but their true nature inevitably asserts itself.

I think that there is a hierarchy of being leading to a Oneness at the top.

But Oneness is a paradox. 1, 0, and infinity are all the same thing looked at differently.

So if we call this Oneness at the top of all being, God, then is God light? Well no, because as soon as you say what god is, then you exclude him from something else. So God must be both light and darkness and neither.

And if God is all in all, then we can't talk about him. He is ineffable. Words fail because words are divisive
- that is, they define things or lay boundaries around things creating division.

So that is why the Word of God is not literally spoken from the mouth of God. If God were to speak, he would necessarily limit himself by what he didn't say or one could argue endlessly over what he meant by the specific words he chose. (And people do that)

The only condition in which the Bible can be the inspired word of God is if you bring the spirit of God into it from within yourself as you read it. It is a mirror.

But as soon as you start arguing over definitions and interpretations thinking that there must be a logical way to settle objectively what God actually said and meant, you've lost the Word of God.

The Bible was written by men inspired by something. If I look at a sunset and paint a picture of it, I could say that I was inspired by the sunset. But that doesn't mean my painting is the sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back