Artificial Intelligence

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by Jim_Smith, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Wormwood likes this.
  2. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...outgunned-humans-in-key-stanford-reading-test

Alibaba's AI Outguns Humans in Reading Test
    By Robert Fenner
    January 15, 2018

Alibaba has developed an artificial intelligence model that scored better than humans in a Stanford University reading and comprehension test.
    Microsoft achieved a similar feat, scoring 82.650 on the same test, but those results were finalized a day after Alibaba’s, the company said.

3. https://www.yahoo.com/news/robots-slopes-sidelines-winter-games-134543710.html

Reuters•February 12, 2018

Eight robotics teams from universities, institutes and a private company competed for a $10,000 prize in the Ski Robot Challenge.

The teams had to meet specific requirements for entering a ski-bot.

It had to be more than 50cm in height, stand on two "legs" with joints resembling elbows and knees, have an independent power system and use skis and poles.

The robots were equipped with camera sensors to detect the blue and red flagpoles in their path and turn as they raced down a beginner's hill.

[​IMG]

4. Andrew9

Andrew9 Member

:) ... I'll check back next Olympics.

Jim_Smith likes this.
  5. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

I think the concept of AI is getting confused with control engineering. I mean imagine the task of landing those Falcon rocket sections back on Earth - nobody called it AI, but it was damn good control engineering. In neither case was the system juggling concepts, not did it need to actually feel anything.

David

Andrew9 likes this.
  6. Charlie Primero

Charlie Primero Member

I'm happy to lose to computers in the area of Electronic Ignition Control.

I walked too many miles to pay phones because of cranky carburetors on motorcycles.

Andrew9 and Jim_Smith like this.