Child Remembers Past Life As 911 Firefighter?

This is pretty much how I see things. I've a strong idea of my previous lifetime, though that person and that lifetime was very different to this one. An actor may play many completely different roles.

May i ask how you got to know about your previous lifetime? Hypnosis?

This is pretty much how I see things. I've a strong idea of my previous lifetime, though that person and that lifetime was very different to this one. An actor may play many completely different roles.

An actor may play many completely different roles.[/quote]

Precisely, Typoz...and many people do that even within one lifetime, changing themselves until they have adopted a role or persona they feel comfortable with. Whatever the "soul" is ...is the framework or canvas (indestructible, unfathomably complex and unapproachable from instinct ) IMHO

May i ask how you got to know about your previous lifetime? Hypnosis?
That's a good question. I'm not sure that I have a good answer. No, it wasn't hypnosis. Instead it was a sort of spontaneous recall over an extended period. However, much of what occurred was personal experience and therefore subjective. That was over thirty years ago, nowadays the idea is in the background to my life, it doesn't matter very much, except as a broader perspective on existence.

On a different level......me being hopeless with computers...... could anyone please tell me how to use the quote facility. I just can't work it out.

On a different level......me being hopeless with computers...... could anyone please tell me how to use the quote facility. I just can't work it out.

I usually just hit the "reply" button which quotes everything. But for general-purpose use I just type the open/close tags separately, like this:

[quo[tag][/tag]te] any text you like [/quo[tag][/tag]te]

... that wasn't easy to type :)

I usually just hit the "reply" button which quotes everything. But for general-purpose use I just type the open/close tags separately, like this:

[quo[tag][/tag]te] any text you like [/quo[tag][/tag]te]

... that wasn't easy to type :)

Thanks for the reply, Typoz . Sorry which are the open and close tags ?

Thanks for the reply, Typoz . Sorry which are the open and close tags ?
The ones in bold and green text. They are enclosed in square brackets. The open and close are almost the same, except for the "/" forward slash at the start of the "close" tag. I had to cheat to get them to display rather than treated as a real quote.

Compelling for what? Reincarnation? What exactly is that anyway?

Exactly WHAT IS IT that is reincarnated? Is anyboyd ever going to answer this question? Without answering this question, discussion of evidence for reincarnation is rather dumb, wouldn't you think? Because look here-- that litle kid and that fireman who died ARE NOT THE SAME INDIVIDUAL... That's pretty obvous, is it not?

My conjecture-- and I'm pretty sure I'm right- is that there is nothing to be reincarnated. Actually, I'm certain that I'm right.

All is one.

If I might-- with apologies to Bernardo Kastrup-- perhaps reincarnation is like the relocalization of a whirlpool in the water. The water which originally swirled together to become the whirlpool disperses, becomes swept down the river, then relocalizes to become another whirlpool.

Exactly WHAT IS IT that is reincarnated? Is anyboyd ever going to answer this question? Without answering this question, discussion of evidence for reincarnation is rather dumb, wouldn't you think? Because look here-- that litle kid and that fireman who died ARE NOT THE SAME INDIVIDUAL... That's pretty obvous, is it not?

A baby who becomes an elder are not the same individual, and yet they are the same person. How? My idea is that there is a narrative continuity from the baby to the elder, due to one has arisen from other, there is a structural similarity between the two, only the elder can access her / his memories of youth, one focus of consciousness to over time, etc. The same applies to a dead and a reborn.

Reactions: tim
Back