Child Remembers Past Life As 911 Firefighter?

Thanks. I'd also like to read what she and/or her son have to say now. I wonder if anyone did a follow-up.

I hadn't noticed it was such an old thread - but people were still posting recently and up to six pages!

There's certainly something about children in past life cases which stir imagination and curiosity.

There seemed to be suggestions that the boy might have been a fireman called Kevin Donnelly but the mother in this case seems to have stopped posting.

No doubt the Ghost in My Child TV team might research this case one day.

Thanks for posting this. I really haven't looked into reincarnation and to be honest, I don't think I want it to be true. But I find some of these children's stories very compelling.

Thanks for posting this. I really haven't looked into reincarnation and to be honest, I don't think I want it to be true. But I find some of these children's stories very compelling.

That's amusing, Szechuan, I feel the same, don't fancy coming back but I hate to tell you..... :)

Well it might not be as simple as all that anyway.....

Here's something I've just posted on my Facebook page

Note the paragraph in red.

When a university is donated a sizeable sum of money to research a subject like consciousness, great strides can be made. Unfortunately the usual type academic funding doesn't venture into these areas because unlike research into pills and potions, there's no financial profit in probing altered states and where thoughts come from.

But the cash has flowed in to the University of Virginia where Dr Bruce Greyson studies... these mysteries at a special unit and they've been looking into terminal lucidity, near death experiences and children's memories of what seem to be past lives.

In this fascinating 90 minute lecture Dr Greyson documents evidence suggestive of consciousness driving the brain rather than the other way round.

If its reincarnation that interests you, run the video forward 50 minutes but you will miss a lot of good stuff.

Apparently the traditional reincarnational model doesn't fit all the evidence because some children share the same life and some people whose lives children remembered, actually died after they were born.

This conference lecture seems to have taken place at some kind of chilly monastery where the speaker is wearing a coat and some monks in gloves!

Good Q and A at the end.

Apparently the traditional reincarnational model doesn't fit.
Yes. The most common trad concepts see linear time as being a fundamental rather than realizing that it is a mode only applicable to physical systems. At the level of primary consciousness, it's all simultaneous. Again the TV analogy is a useful way to think of it.

That stated, what is going on with different people "remembering" the same incarnation is something quite different. More accurately - any of some very different things.
The stumbling block with research into this (and other areas) is that most academics and people in general continue to use a very limited framework and attempt to stuff their findings into that little box.

Well it might not be as simple as all that anyway.....

Here's something I've just posted on my Facebook page

Note the paragraph in red.

When a university is donated a sizeable sum of money to research a subject like consciousness, great strides can be made. Unfortunately the usual type academic funding doesn't venture into these areas because unlike research into pills and potions, there's no financial profit in probing altered states and where thoughts come from.

But the cash has flowed in to the University of Virginia where Dr Bruce Greyson studies... these mysteries at a special unit and they've been looking into terminal lucidity, near death experiences and children's memories of what seem to be past lives.

In this fascinating 90 minute lecture Dr Greyson documents evidence suggestive of consciousness driving the brain rather than the other way round.

If its reincarnation that interests you, run the video forward 50 minutes but you will miss a lot of good stuff.

Apparently the traditional reincarnational model doesn't fit all the evidence because some children share the same life and some people whose lives children remembered, actually died after they were born.

This conference lecture seems to have taken place at some kind of chilly monastery where the speaker is wearing a coat and some monks in gloves!

Good Q and A at the end.

Remember that many people talk about time not being linear - or even not existing - 'out there'. The kids sharing the same past life might contain the same consciousness. I am not committing to this idea, but that evidence isn't a knock down.

David

Lol, I've thought the same myself. However, when I'm in the mood for metaphysical thinking (I'm a fairly strict agnostic, if I must be labeled) I remind myself of how short a human lifespan is in comparison to infinity. And I continually get this feeling that we are literally having "the time of our lives". Perhaps we come here to learn and grow, but I think we may also do it because it's fun. I know it's hard to think that way when life hands you a big pile of garbage and no shovel, but when I'm able to put myself in a state of mind of eternity, where I know this experience is temporary. And short. This all seems plausible. Hell, sometimes I even catch myself thinking "in my next life I'm going to...".
Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. What I do believe to be true is the fact that we, as humans in human form, will never get anywhere close to the truth of ultimate reality, whatever that is. All human perception by design takes place through an extraordinary, and extraordinarily limited, organ. There is no way around this, unless, you become or revert to something altogether not human.

How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

This would suggest that children have not reincarnated but they are accessing the memories of others. Of course this challenges our conceptions of personal identity, because what's the difference between being someone and have the memories of that one? Besides this the possibility of nonlinearity of time, as Saiko commented.

This would suggest that children have not reincarnated but they are accessing the memories of others. Of course this challenges our conceptions of personal identity, because what's the difference between being someone and have the memories of that one? Besides this the possibility of nonlinearity of time, as Saiko commented.
I guess it depends how the memories accessed. For example the work of Carl Wickland.

Of course this challenges our conceptions of personal identity, because what's the difference between being someone and have the memories of that one?
If one really is a particular someone, then one may suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of previous experiences, or carry other direct consequences. Merely having access to someone's memories would perhaps not be expected to carry this all-pervading wholeness, but might be more like reading a book.

Last edited:
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

Disgusting. Those new agers really do hate individuality and humanity.

You could explain it with more detail?

I'll try a little. Carl Wickland was a psychiatrist. Although it doubtless wouldn't be seen as ethical now he apparently used a medium (his wife) to 'cure' some mentally ill patients and seems to have identified that they were affected by discarnate entities who had 'overshadowed' them. They presented problems and memories that Wickland reckoned were actually those belonging to entities which had overshadowed the patients. His book rather ominously entitled Thirty Years Among The Dead catalogues his experiences. It's an interesting read.

It's available here as a pdf: http://new-birth.net/booklet/30_years_among_the_dead.PDF

Compelling for what? Reincarnation? What exactly is that anyway?

Exactly WHAT IS IT that is reincarnated? Is anyboyd ever going to answer this question? Without answering this question, discussion of evidence for reincarnation is rather dumb, wouldn't you think? Because look here-- that litle kid and that fireman who died ARE NOT THE SAME INDIVIDUAL... That's pretty obvous, is it not?

My conjecture-- and I'm pretty sure I'm right- is that there is nothing to be reincarnated. Actually, I'm certain that I'm right.

All is one.

Compelling for what? Reincarnation? What exactly is that anyway?

Exactly WHAT IS IT that is reincarnated? Is anyboyd ever going to answer this question? Without answering this question, discussion of evidence for reincarnation is rather dumb, wouldn't you think? Because look here-- that litle kid and that fireman who died ARE NOT THE SAME INDIVIDUAL... That's pretty obvous, is it not?

My conjecture-- and I'm pretty sure I'm right- is that there is nothing to be reincarnated. Actually, I'm certain that I'm right.

All is one.

Exactly WHAT IS IT that is reincarnated?

It's that thing that floats around the ICU after cardiac arrest , Super Sexy. It's hard to accept, I know, but I've seen too may cases now to dismiss it. The mind, that sense of self.. of existing, leaves the brain and returns to where it came from. What it means is that the three dimensional world we inhabit is like a theatre and these bodies are a costume we wear to participate in the great show or "game" of life. I don't know and never will know (this side) why the game had to start and for what reason and what those purposes are but I know I've been here before...and I've fucked it up again just like last time.

What it means is that the three dimensional world we inhabit is like a theatre and these bodies are a costume we wear to participate in the great show or "game" of life.
This is pretty much how I see things. I've a strong idea of my previous lifetime, though that person and that lifetime was very different to this one. An actor may play many completely different roles.

Back