Chupacabra

Once a year or so one of these stories comes out where someone gets a video or picture of some poor animal with mange. It is labeled a chupacabra by the taker of the photo or video and then some expert says that's not a chupacabra that is a dog/coyote/fox with mange. Why does no one suggest the obvious? The chupacabra is a wild animal in the dog family with mange. Somebody saw a strange looking animal attacking his chickens and the legend was born. In other words these animals are chupacabras because chupacabras are dogs/coyotes/foxes with mange.

Where is your sense of scientific inquiry other than Bubba and Brent.
It has paws like a raccoon and it's head is shaped like a dog.
It appears to be the same animal that has been seen in the south and southwest
I'm suprised no one has done a dna test as several of these have been killed or caught.
Usually they are considered to be a coyote but look at the way it grabs the mesh in the cage and wraps its paws or claws around it.
Could this be some new hybrid or mutation?

Last edited:
Once a year or so one of these stories comes out where someone gets a video or picture of some poor animal with mange. It is labeled a chupacabra by the taker of the photo or video and then some expert says that's not a chupacabra that is a dog/coyote/fox with mange. Why does no one suggest the obvious? The chupacabra is a wild animal in the dog family with mange. Somebody saw a strange looking animal attacking his chickens and the legend was born. In other words these animals are chupacabras because chupacabras are dogs/coyotes/foxes with mange.
Or, in this case, a raccoon.

~~ Paul

Where is your sense of scientific inquiry other than Bubba and Brent.
It has paws like a raccoon and it's head is shaped like a dog.
It appears to be the same animal that has been seen in the south and southwest
I'm suprised no one has done a dna test as several of these have been killed or caught.
Usually they are considered to be a coyote but look at the way it grabs the mesh in the cage and wraps its paws or claws around it.
Could this be some new hybrid or mutation?
It grabs the mesh that way because it is a raccoon. It's head doesn't look like a raccoon's because it has no fur.

http://newsok.com/hairless-raccoon-causes-stir-in-claremore/article/3443155

I'm sure someone has done a DNA test.

~~ Paul

Back