Community Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Guidelines & Introductions' started by alex.tsakiris, Dec 4, 2013.

1. chuck.drake

chuck.drake Guest

2. How about a new no sockpuppet rule? I don't think it should result in a permanent ban, but it should come with some kind of penalty.

3. Mazda

Mazda New

suggestion for interview with Keith McCloskey

www.keithmccloskey.com

I've recently purchased his book on the Dyatlov pass incident.

In which 9 hikers perished in baffling circumstances 1959.

this year I believe he was back at a conference on the mystery and may have new information !

Super Sexy likes this.
  4. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

What about backup likers?

Sciborg_S_Patel and Ian Gordon like this.
  5. Such a rule ought to be very specific about what activity is disallowed so that it doesn't infringe on anonymity. Anonymity has historically played an important role in freedom of speech. If someone wants more than one user id, that should be allowed. However, if someone uses multiple id's to try to create an impression of a consensus view, to create an impression of support for his other id's, to "gang up" on someone else, or to disrupt a forum by staging arguments between different id's, then that might warrant a penalty.

Sciborg_S_Patel and Super Sexy like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Guest

You said you were leaving for ever. The fact that you are continuing to post is absolutely intolerable.

Super Sexy likes this.
  7. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

Please. Leaving the thread, not the forum.

I'll restrain myself from further comment out of respect for Alex.

8. Chris

Chris Guest

And yet you were back on the thread, less than five hours later, with more equine smart-alecry.

Who will rid us of this turbulent horse?

9. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

Say, aren't you a mathematician ? What do you make of this? Does it make sense?

And that leads me to relevancy: My suggestion is Chris Langan. I think he's some sort of idealist.

10. Chris

Chris Guest

Not much. I think you probably need a pure mathematician. Unfortunately I'm not pure.

Super Sexy likes this.
  11. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

Thanks for not being explicit and leaving me wondering about the meaning of your words, as usual.

12. Craig Weiler

Craig Weiler Associate

Super Sexy is ok with his sock puppetry because we know his sock puppet, which he does not disguise. Nor does he use it to "win" discussions.

Sciborg_S_Patel and Super Sexy like this.
  13. Michael Larkin

Michael Larkin Member

I use the Firefox addon, Color Transform, to get sites, including Skeptiko, to look just like I want them to. See my post here:

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/making-skeptiko-and-other-sites-look-nice.893/#post-22594

You can easily switch the look off for a small minority of sites it doesn't work well with.

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  14. I figured Super Sexy was humorously pointing out the problem with sock puppets with his back up likers.

I do agree with Jim_Smith - having more than one ID is okay so long as one isn't trying to create a fake consensus or attack people. I can understand, for example, how a guest on the show might want to use a more anonymous account if they decide to stick around.

It just seems like a lot of accounts - skeptic and proponent - are recently being made just for a laugh or to get around a prior perma-ban.

Super Sexy likes this.
  15. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

Why hasn't there been a show discussing the events of 9/11? No self-respecting skeptic should be shying away from that issue.

People! Stop shying away from the 9/11 issue! Your silence bothers me. Visit the 9/11 thread immediately and prove to the world that you care about reason and evidence... and humanity for crying out loud!! I should expect even Chris to add to the discussion with a vague and indecipherable sentence or two, but no.

Sickening as usual.

16. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

17. Chris

Chris Guest

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

18. malf

malf Member

Perhaps the forum moderation encourages sock puppetry?

19. Super Sexy's Backup Liker

Super Sexy's Backup Liker New

Please. 9/11 has been discussed on Skeptiko. And if you were paying attention, you'd know that Tsakiris has gone on record with his skepticism of the official story.

20. Chris

Chris Guest

Please.

Super Sexy likes this.