Computer scams

Since obviously everyone here is a computer user, I think this video will be of interest:

It concerns all those telephone scams that try to get hold of our computers, or pay for 'repair' software we don't need.

(Inevitably there is a advertisement at the start, but you can skip it after a few seconds)

David

Last edited:
Good Job, Jim! Thanks for that, David. I've thought about asking those scamers about their religious beliefs and whether they are able bodied. Then explaining how it displeases God for them to try to steal other peoples very hard earned money while they could earn money Honestly by getting a real job. Then they wouldn't feel so rotten about themselves at days end.

Last edited:
Good Job, Jim! Thanks for that, David. I've thought about asking those scamers about their religious beliefs and whether they are able bodied. Then explaining how it displeases God for them to try to steal other peoples very hard earned money while they could earn money Honestly by getting a real job. Then they wouldn't feel so rotten about themselves at days end.
I have asked a few of them if they realise they are breaking the law, and asked them to imagine what the conditions are like in Indian jails! Generally they break off at that point, but I had a woman caller once who seemed genuinely unaware that she was taking part in a scam! I explained how I had received scores of calls over time, all telling me that my internet was about to be disconnected - and it never was - because the aim of the call was not to fix anything!

BTW, there is another version where they persuade you to download a piece of software which lets them take control of your machine and look for bank details etc.

David

Back