Coronavirus Pandemic

Please don't join in with this bickering. People are going to get banned very soon if this goes on.

David

I understand what you are saying and I understand why. But I am a human being too and I am sorry but sometimes I cannot help myself from making a post that sends a message I would prefer to state directly yet use symbolism and imagery to convey the message so that at least those with ears to hear (in this case, eyes to read and a mind to grasp) can understand... because what is happening right now all over the West is a massive uprising of ignorance I am not willing to just stand down when I know the planet we are leaving to our children is at stake.

I use the ignore feature yet other member responses to people's posts who are on my ignore list I can't avoid... and sometimes I just can't hold back.

If this gets me banned, then it does... but understand, those like myself who strive to take the high road, no matter who we are, sometimes reach our limit. If we can't respond... how can we face ourselves in the mirror as the planet marches towards an authoritarian tyranny? Again, we leave this to our kids.

I understand what you are saying and I understand why. But I am a human being too and I am sorry but sometimes I cannot help myself from making a post that sends a message I would prefer to state directly yet use symbolism and imagery to convey the message so that at least those with ears to hear (in this case, eyes to read and a mind to grasp) can understand... because what is happening right now all over the West is a massive uprising of ignorance I am not willing to just stand down when I know the planet we are leaving to our children is at stake.

I use the ignore feature yet other member responses to people's posts who are on my ignore list I can't avoid... and sometimes I just can't hold back.

If this gets me banned, then it does... but understand, those like myself who strive to take the high road, no matter who we are, sometimes reach our limit. If we can't respond... how can we face ourselves in the mirror as the planet marches towards an authoritarian tyranny? Again, we leave this to our kids.
Sorry I glanced at your poem and saw "Silence" and thought it was a reference to a certain member of this community! I realise now, it was the Simon and Garfunkel song!

David

Tell me more - I haven't heard about this. Hopefully Fox News is safe?

David
Fox and Comcast will be safe. My son knows some of the "players". They are both about to get heavy funding. Bought.. call it what you will. A few other larger telecommunications are being... combined. Unfortunately, it is causing some reshuffling of cards. Some fall through the cracks. It can't be helped. It's called ... business.

With english subtitles

Translation:This is a committee called ACU. They are a collaboration of researchers & doctors. They say they guarantee transparency. They do not feel the serious measures taken against the virus is warranted. They say it is hurting the children as well as adults.

He is saying they do not believe this is any worse than other flus we've faced. This will be presented live & they invite anyone to join. He says 90% of needed operations were not done because of the virus. I think he says 2.5 million effected (I think meaning that many did not get treatment).

He says in Germany, 5,000 - 125,000 will die because of this (the lockdown). Fellow Germans. (as of May 7,2020). Okay, now he is saying... that the governments are doing this & are responsible. He uses the word "orcastrated" by governments. (egad/not good)that's me, I'm typing as I listen...

he says the scientific research does NOT back these measures. They ask "WHO BENEFITS, he says they want to get to the bottom of that as well.

I'm skipping ahead, they are talking about this is taking away our democratic rights. Okay, they are going on about how appalled they are by the reporting, unprofessionalism & unobjective.

They are talking about Italy reporting now.

I'm going to send this to some peps. If they cover anything we haven't figured out by now, I'll get back on here. Not sure how to get this in English (there must be a translater).

To a hyper-rational problem solver like Bill Gates, the “final solution” and in the long run the most humane solution ...

Cross posting from the recent Jeffery Martin thread...

I think there is a good possibility that if everyone started doing a lot of meditation, the world economy would collapse and billions would starve.

The link goes to here:
https://www.gatesnotes.com/Books/The-Headspace-Guide-to-Meditation-and-Mindfulness
Why I’m into meditation​
By Bill Gates December 03, 2018​

Gosh... I just saw it on a friend's website and thought it would be appreciated here too. What is bucces? I did an internet search and came up empty.

lol I guess it’s just a Texas thing... Buccees is a chain of giant travel stops on the interstate that don’t allow trucks. Very popular. They have more urinals than you’ve ever seen. And clean too.

Edit: I misspelled it... it’s Buc-ees
https://buc-ees.com/

I encountered my first “Karen” yesterday. He was about 55, tall, and fit and very upset that I wasn’t wearing my mask.

I was on the way in from walking the dog and stepped onto the elevator behind this guy, also with his dog. He immediately gritted his teeth and jumped off the elevator and angrily chastised me: “You have to wear a mask you know! Inside the building! Masks are required!”

I somewhat failed to stifle a devious grin and nodded “ok” as the elevator doors closed and I and Oliver ascended alone to our floor.

I encountered my first “Karen” yesterday. He was about 55, tall, and fit and very upset that I wasn’t wearing my mask.

I was on the way in from walking the dog and stepped onto the elevator behind this guy, also with his dog. He immediately gritted his teeth and jumped off the elevator and angrily chastised me: “You have to wear a mask you know! Inside the building! Masks are required!”

I somewhat failed to stifle a devious grin and nodded “ok” as the elevator doors closed and I and Oliver ascended alone to our floor.

The grocery stores where I live have instituted one-way aisles so shopppers don't pass each other going in opposite directions. They have arrows on the floor showing which way you can go through each isle.

I was surprised that some people would actually speak out if someone went the wrong way. At first I was unsympathetic because I thought they were blindly following rules for the sake of following rules. Then I realized there were some people who were probably genuinely afraid - for example people who were in high risk groups, and I felt more sympathetic.

One of the stores I go to has since rescinded the one-way policy as my state phases out of lockdown, but another store is still doing it.

Last edited:

Actually, you may be the Karen. ;)

Back