Coronavirus Pandemic

I may be paranoid, but I fear a takeover by people who want to lock down entire populations. All sorts of things can go on under the sort of lockdown we are suffering here - I don't suppose even journalists can move anywhere.

David

If more and more hospitals are overwhelmed with patients I think that will be a good sign the problem is real. They say Paris hospitals will be overwhelmed next.

This story is from yesterday:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-france-idUSKBN21E1AT
MARCH 27, 2020 5:46 AM​
PARIS (Reuters) - A spike in coronavirus patients means hospitals in and around Paris will reach saturation point within 48 hours, the head of the French Hospital Federation said on Friday, with the peak not expected until April.​

Has anyone posted this?

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

The updates at the bottom of the page are also very interesting.

I'm currently on day one of a three week lock down: army on the streets, all businesses (bar chemists and supermarkets) closed, not allowed to leave the house except to buy food or seek medical attention, huge retailer already saying it may not be able to reopen (40 000+ employees). Repent!

I may be paranoid, but I fear a takeover by people who want to lock down entire populations. All sorts of things can go on under the sort of lockdown we are suffering here - I don't suppose even journalists can move anywhere.

David

The disease could be real - and they could be using it as a chance to take over.

In my state we have a stay home advisory it is not mandatory, but business are shutdown, schools are closed etc. Restaurants are take out only. Grocery stores and pharmacies are open.

Has anyone posted this?

I'm currently on day one of a three week lock down: army on the streets, all businesses (bar chemists and supermarkets) closed, not allowed to leave the house except to buy food or seek medical attention, huge retailer already saying it may not be able to reopen (40 000+ employees). Repent!

Most of the deceased are elderly but people of any age can have the disease and be contagious. 90% of the deceased are over 70. The remaining number of deaths can be a big number too - 10% of a very big number can still be a big number. Covid-19 is much more deadly for all age groups than flu even though 90% of deceased are over 70.

99% of deaths had another condition - this is very misleading, it sounds like most people are not in danger but the other conditions are very common (see below) - almost 50% of the population in the US has high blood pressure, 10% have diabetes.

Isn't this an admission that the problem is real: "The partial overloading of the hospitals is due to the general rush of patients and the increased number of patients requiring special or intensive care. In particular, the aim is to stabilize respiratory function and, in severe cases, to provide anti-viral therapies."

If the disease is causing a rush of patients needing intensive care isn't that enough to make people believe there is a serious infectious disease going around? Can the rush of patients needing intensive care be explained by false positives on the covid-19 test?

In most countries the rush of patients is occurring despite drastic measures to prevent the spread. What would it be like without those measures?

The article suggests people are dying from other causes - the other conditions that increase their chance of dying from covid-19 and that they have a strain of covid virus in them too which is not actually making them sick but making them test positive. - but hypertension, diabetes, do not cause a "rush of patients" at random intervals who need intensive care to stabilize respiratory function.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...re-and-theyre-surprisingly-common/ar-BB110Ego
These underlying conditions make COVID-19 more severe, and they're surprisingly common
High blood pressure, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease are so commonplace that everyone reading these words likely knows somebody with at least one of these maladies.
...​
But evidence also shows that COVID-19 is more fatal across all age groups than seasonal influenza, with death rates six to 10 times higher for those under 50.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971220301363
We assessed the prevalence of comorbidities in the COVID-19 infection patients and found underlying disease, including hypertension, respiratory system disease and cardiovascular, may be a risk factor for severe patients compared with Non-severe patients.​

https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm
Nearly half of adults in the United States (108 million, or 45%) have hypertension defined as a systolic blood pressure ≥ 130 mm Hg or a diastolic blood pressure ≥ 80 mm Hg or are taking medication for hypertension.3​

Last edited:
Did anyone consider whether there is a conspiracy to cause mass deaths by minimizing the dangers of covid-19?
Or, this is just the first phase of a two part mass death plot.

Phase 1: Release a previously unknown virus with a high infection rate designed to force governments to react quickly and ultimately OVER react causing pronounced economic and personal freedoms disruption. Governments suffer backlash for over reaction and the conspiracy community's voice grows with calls of purposeful abuse of power designed to serve the "elite".

Phase 2: Release a similarly unknown and novel virus who's infection rate looks similar to COVID-19. Except this time, make the virus very lethal on relatively protracted incubation period. Governments, fearing its people's reaction at yet another attempt to protect the populace from harm, take little to no measures. Mass death and destruction occurs. The global elite site back and revel in their domination over a now largely dead and non-functioning world.

Conspiracies within conspiracies.

Or, this is just the first phase of a two part mass death plot.

Phase 1: Release a previously unknown virus with a high infection rate designed to force governments to react quickly and ultimately OVER react causing pronounced economic and personal freedoms disruption. Governments suffer backlash for over reaction and the conspiracy community's voice grows with calls of purposeful abuse of power designed to serve the "elite".

Phase 2: Release a similarly unknown and novel virus who's infection rate looks similar to COVID-19. Except this time, make the virus very lethal on relatively protracted incubation period. Governments, fearing its people's reaction at yet another attempt to protect the populace from harm, take little to no measures. Mass death and destruction occurs. The global elite site back and revel in their domination over a now largely dead and non-functioning world.

Conspiracies within conspiracies.

Mind = Blown

Still, conspiracies aside, things like this taking place on my doorstep terrify me.

Hillbrow-army-3.jpg

web_photo_sandf_270320.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_200324_115049726_crop_544x333.jpg

6000x366

b5bb316855244dfdae34c10e0962e890.jpg

I was going to post this link too: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Some other quotes from there that stand out to me include.

“Sweden has so far pursued the most liberal strategy in dealing with Covid19, which is based on two principles: Risk groups are protected and people with flu symptoms stay at home. “If you follow these two rules, there is no need for further measures, the effect of which is only marginal anyway,” said chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell. Social and economic life will continue normally. The big rush to hospitals has so far failed to materialize, Tegnell said.”

“USA: Researcher Stephen McIntyre has evaluated the official data on deaths from pneumonia in the US. There are usually between 3000 and 5500 deaths per week and thus significantly more than the current figures for Covid19. The total number of deaths in the US is between 50,000 and 60,000 per week.” (Compare the above to the total death count of Covid-19 in the USA of 884 at the time of writing.)

“John Lee, Professor Emeritus of Pathology, argues that the particular way in which Covid-19 cases are registered leads to an overestimation of the risk posed by Covid19 compared to normal flu and cold cases.”

“A preliminary study by researchers at Stanford University showed that 20 to 25% of Covid19-positive patients tested additionally positive for other influenza or cold viruses.”

“A study from China in 2003 concluded that the probability of dying from SARS is 84% higher in people exposed to moderate air pollution than in patients from regions with clean air. The risk is even 200% higher among people from areas with heavily polluted air.” (This last bit is very interesting because the air pollution in places like Wuhan and northern Italy is some of the worst out there.)

I am aware that NY hospitals are blitzed but here stories in so many other places (smaller towns) that the hospitals are pretty much empty.

My conspiracy theory here is that the virus is mostly misdirection, possibly with intentional misinformation spread about it, in order to crash the economy, which was due for crashing because of how the bubbles were inflated. But now the bankers don't get blamed and the virus pandemic does. Of course, with this, other agendas such as mandatory vaccines, more government power, etc will also be advanced.

My conspiracy theory here is that the virus is mostly misdirection, possibly with intentional misinformation spread about it, in order to crash the economy, which was due for crashing because of how the bubbles were inflated. But now the bankers don't get blamed and the virus pandemic does. Of course, with this, other agendas such as mandatory vaccines, more government power, etc will also be advanced.
What does this mean? What asset bubble are you referring to?

I was going to post this link too: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Some other quotes from there that stand out to me include.

“Sweden has so far pursued the most liberal strategy in dealing with Covid19, which is based on two principles: Risk groups are protected and people with flu symptoms stay at home. “If you follow these two rules, there is no need for further measures, the effect of which is only marginal anyway,” said chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell. Social and economic life will continue normally. The big rush to hospitals has so far failed to materialize, Tegnell said.”
There is a 2 week latency period between being infected and showing symptoms when the person is also contagious. During the exponential growth phase there are 10 x or more people not showing symptoms who are contagious than there are people with symptoms. It is only keeping people with flu symptoms at home that is marginal.

“USA: Researcher Stephen McIntyre has evaluated the official data on deaths from pneumonia in the US. There are usually between 3000 and 5500 deaths per week and thus significantly more than the current figures for Covid19. The total number of deaths in the US is between 50,000 and 60,000 per week.” (Compare the above to the total death count of Covid-19 in the USA of 884 at the time of writing.)
And if you wait for huge numbers of dead, it is too late to prevent it. Diseases spread exponentally (fast). If you look for exponential growth early you can prevent it from killing larges numbers of people if you also act early. You have to act early because of the latency I mentioned above.

But you have to look at each locality individually, Sweden does not have a lot of cases so a liberal strategy might be appropriate for that country. But they should monitor the number of cases.

“John Lee, Professor Emeritus of Pathology, argues that the particular way in which Covid-19 cases are registered leads to an overestimation of the risk posed by Covid19 compared to normal flu and cold cases.”

“A preliminary study by researchers at Stanford University showed that 20 to 25% of Covid19-positive patients tested additionally positive for other influenza or cold viruses.”

“A study from China in 2003 concluded that the probability of dying from SARS is 84% higher in people exposed to moderate air pollution than in patients from regions with clean air. The risk is even 200% higher among people from areas with heavily polluted air.” (This last bit is very interesting because the air pollution in places like Wuhan and northern Italy is some of the worst out there.)

I am aware that NY hospitals are blitzed but here stories in so many other places (smaller towns) that the hospitals are pretty much empty.

Which bubbles were inflated? What is the data supporting that?

Last edited:
The disease could be real - and they could be using it as a chance to take over.

In my state we have a stay home advisory it is not mandatory, but business are shutdown, schools are closed etc. Restaurants are take out only. Grocery stores and pharmacies are open.
We went for a long(ish) country walk from our village today. We met a few other family groups, and all agreed that there was something fishy about the situation. OK, maybe I asked a leading question, but even so. This is by far the greatest infringement of civil liberties since WWII.

I'd imagine yours is the greatest since the Vietnam War draft.

I noticed that Amazon seems to be open for purchases of anything, while smaller retailers are all closed.

David

We went for a long(ish) country walk from our village today. We met a few other family groups, and all agreed that there was something fishy about the situation. OK, maybe I asked a leading question, but even so. This is by far the greatest infringement of civil liberties since WWII.

I'd imagine yours is the greatest since the Vietnam War draft.

I noticed that Amazon seems to be open for purchases of anything, while smaller retailers are all closed.

David

I don't know how to compare it to a draft, but shutting down businesses for any amount of time let alone an unspecified number of weeks is unprecedented. There's never been anything like it.

However the flexibility of businesses adapting to the new conditions, contributing to the national effort - retooling to provide respirators and hand sanitizer, restaurants selling groceries, (see below) reminds me somewhat of the response to the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor attack in 1941.

Amazon might be considered an essential service (like a grocery store) since it sells food and medical supplies.

In the US Amazon has locations in different states. Some of those states might not have shut down businesses.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/362781/

Truckers are saying “fuck the log rules, I’m hauling” and they’re getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Folks are buying meals for truckers, who (obviously) can’t go through the drive-ups. Asking ’em what they want, then buying it for them.​
Carnival Cruise Line has told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships”.​
GM and Ford have said “hold our cars and watch this — we can make ventilators where we were just making car parts, starting next week” — by re-engineering seat ventilators which their engineers hacked together for a new purpose. In under a week.​
In a project with which I’m loosely associated, a very-effective agricultural disease-control agent was re-purposed and re-labeled specifically for Corona-virus control by the FDA and EPA in under ten days, from initial request to distribution.​
Restaurants and schools have said, “we’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed the poor kids who used have school lunch.”​
NBA basketball players have said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.”​
Construction companies are saying, “Here are some high-end masks for medical staff and doctors”.​
Distilleries are making sanitizer out of distilling “heads and tails” which are normally discarded. Nasty shit to drink, but effective sanitizer.​
People are tipping grocery check-out clerks and thanking them for taking the risk.​

Last edited:
Did anyone consider whether there is a conspiracy to cause mass deaths by minimizing the dangers of covid-19?

Did anyone consider if there is a conspiracy to hide the true numbers of covid-19 victims maybe to avoid blame, or to prevent panic, or maybe to prevent adequate precautions from being enacted?

I am not suggesting there are such conspiracies.

This is interesting. Belgium reported a 0.8 percent death rate while Italy has reported something along the lines of 8 percent. They explain, in the article, something which I have thought about, that (of course) the reported death rate is strongly related to how widely available testing is. As it GENERALLY stands, the only people getting tested are those who are sick and have seeked care.

I think the actual death rate (when all is done and said, compiled, and considered) will be lower than the number reported by Belgium.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rate-by-country-current-fatalities-compared-to-cases-2020-3?amp

Has anyone posted this?

Where are you? LA?

Did anyone consider if there is a conspiracy to hide the true numbers of covid-19 victims maybe to avoid blame, or to prevent panic, or maybe to prevent adequate precautions from being enacted?

I am not suggesting there are such conspiracies.

I can see that "numbers" from authoritarian governments would likely be easier to "skew." I then consider why China and/or Iran might see a benefit from promoting numbers that are significantly lower than reality. Understand, perception drives everything - not the truth (though sometimes one can believe what also happens to be true).

I can also see how China, as one possibility, might be striving to position themselves as "the source" for goods sought by many parts of the world and that they are able to fulfill the demand (and eventually become the world's most prolific supplier, as some view they have been).

All wars begin as economic conflicts. Some wars are waged to their finality as economic warfare only.

I can see globalists and/or China could have come to view Trump (and the related populist movements, Brexit being the loudest), as a major threat tp their long range plans.

None of the above speculations does anything practical for me (or a reader) unless one is entertained by it - as I am while hunkered down on my property - at least I get sun when its out... natural D3, the immunity systems best friend by the way.

This is interesting. Belgium reported a 0.8 percent death rate while Italy has reported something along the lines of 8 percent. They explain, in the article, something which I have thought about, that (of course) the reported death rate is strongly related to how widely available testing is. As it GENERALLY stands, the only people getting tested are those who are sick and have seeked care.

I think the actual death rate (when all is done and said, compiled, and considered) will be lower than the number reported by Belgium.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rate-by-country-current-fatalities-compared-to-cases-2020-3?amp
Right, and I think part of the differences between countries may be due to the exact guidelines that are used to treat such patients.

So if the guidelines just say use discretion as to whom to ventilate - as much as anything for humanitarian reasons - then all will be well.

If the guidelines demand that those testing positive for COVID-19 are ventilated if necessary to try to keep them alive, regardless of what else is wrong with them, then you may get severe problems due to shortage of ventilators plus staff.

Does anyone know more about the guidelines given to A&E staff in such situations?

David

Back