Coronavirus Pandemic

Is Australia a federal (representative republic)?

We are still tied to England in that we have a monarch who has no real political power. Some time back we voted on whether we would become a republic with president, but the only option open was a president determined by members of parliament. That did not fly because we did not trust our members of parliament.

The idea was to have a 'symbolic' head of state, like the Queen - but elected by parliament rather than a fiat of hereditary breeding. What we wanted was to keep political power in the hands of elected representatives without the risk of an popularly elected President. There are all kinds of problems with that.

I was among the majority who voted against having President selected by the government of the day. The thing about a monarch is that there is an absolute and final voice independent of parliament that might speak up in a crisis.

On mature reflection, many years on, I do think that a faux royal with no political power is better than one with political power. The US model creates a king or queen in power, but not in name. The only thing absent is the presumption of dynastic succession. But Trump has exposed how weak your system is because he gets to wield kingly power, regardless of conventions that have otherwise sustained your system of government.

We have federal and state upper [senate] and lower houses, except where states have abolished the upper house. Queensland has. Our principle lawmakers are Prime Minister at a Federal level and Premier at a State level. Beyond that we have Local Governments. We don't have county level government. Unlike the US our police services are at a state level only.

No, I don't. But I understand your question was for Jim.

But I believe the question should be... is it intelligent to "buy" into the false reporting, exaggerated reporting, the spun reporting because on the rarest of occasions, you can stumble upon a tidbit of truth stated somewhere in the news media?

I'm simply sensitive to the reality that I do not live in the US. I am often aware that news from Oz is mischaracterised. Out of respect for the fact that you are there and I am here I must check with you that what I am told or interpret is accurate.

This is especially the case now. I do not want to believe what is untrue. I do not want to be told lies.

I live in Ohio. Our Governor and top health officials were one of the earliest state groups to act. We have, effectively, been in the same structure you articulated in Oz. New York was a bit delayed in its action, but being a global center of commerce packed as densely with people as any city on earth, it seemed likely to struggle with any easily transmittable disease.

Ohio isn't necessarily representative of the entire U.S. but I would call the U.S. response shambolic by any objective measure.

I want to check, Jim, whether you did not leave out 'not' in your last line.

I get the complexity of New York and I am not holding it up as an example par execellence of Federal failing. We would not have handled the same challenge at a Federal level in the same way. That's an opportunity to reflect on what might be best practice. My comments are not a criticism as much as an anxiety about perceived conduct and resultant implications. These are not times to be overly sensitive about comments and feedback.

I agree that NY was especially vulnerable, but surely that would have excited a focused federal response? Instead what I am aware off is contention between the Fed and NY levels of government in a crisis. That may be how you do things in the US. It isn't how Australians respond, so I don't understand what is okay about it. I am open to being enlightened.

his was courage in a city of cowering people, going through every which means of contortion in order to comply: the face masks that probably don’t work, the social distancing that probably doesn’t work, the quarantines which almost certainly don’t work, the shameful “essential workers only” mandate which evokes this.

Wow Sam

I feel your angst and I have no adequate words in response to your emotion readily to flow. I want to respond to drily practical sentiments.

Face masks, if you re not infected, send a signal you are in synch with the vibe. If you are infected you should not be outside your home, period. If you are infected but do not yet know it, you may save another if you wear a mask. Reasons for wearing a mask far outweigh reasons for nor wearing a mask.

Social distancing works on simple physics. If an infected person coughs and expels droplets the further away you are the less you are at risk of getting contaminated by said droplets. The virus spreads this way.

Quarantines have worked for centuries. Isolation of infected people from the general community has been standard practice for centuries.

There is a simple logic. If the bug can't jump from carrier to potential host it can't spread beyond the range of the carrier's capacity.

Social isolation and distancing works a treat. In fact it is always the only thing that does - outside vaccinations.

I want to check, Jim, whether you did not leave out 'not' in your last line.

I get the complexity of New York and I am not holding it up as an example par execellence of Federal failing. We would not have handled the same challenge at a Federal level in the same way. That's an opportunity to reflect on what might be best practice. My comments are not a criticism as much as an anxiety about perceived conduct and resultant implications. These are not times to be overly sensitive about comments and feedback.

I agree that NY was especially vulnerable, but surely that would have excited a focused federal response? Instead what I am aware off is contention between the Fed and NY levels of government in a crisis. That may be how you do things in the US. It isn't how Australians respond, so I don't understand what is okay about it. I am open to being enlightened.
Michael, it was me (not Jim) who posted the original and yes I did fail to include a "not".

I can't speak intelligently to the wisdom (or lack there of) of the distribution of power between federal and state governments in the U.S. Further, any dialogue on the federal response (i.e., the executive branch) seems impossible these days as regardless of what is said it seems only to matter one's tribal identification, whether accurate or not.

Wow Sam

I feel your angst and I have no adequate words in response to your emotion readily to flow. I want to respond to drily practical sentiments.

Face masks, if you re not infected, send a signal you are in synch with the vibe. If you are infected you should not be outside your home, period. If you are infected but do not yet know it, you may save another if you wear a mask. Reasons for wearing a mask far outweigh reasons for nor wearing a mask.

Social distancing works on simple physics. If an infected person coughs and expels droplets the further away you are the less you are at risk of getting contaminated by said droplets. The virus spreads this way.

Quarantines have worked for centuries. Isolation of infected people from the general community has been standard practice for centuries.

There is a simple logic. If the bug can't jump from carrier to potential host it can't spread beyond the range of the carrier's capacity.

Social isolation and distancing works a treat. In fact it is always the only thing that does - outside vaccinations.

What if... after the smoke clears, they realize that this particular virus is, in reality, causing illness and death at the same level (maybe slightly higher) as the occasional more dangerous flu? Like, in the US... 2017 when 71K people died of the flu/pneumonia?

What if there's a greater exposure of the overstated deaths due to coronavirus instead of just dying with the virus? You are aware they count dying with the virus as actually dying because of the virus, yes? Anything wrong with that? I'm asking the "scientists" here.

What if they discover that about the same rates (or a slight increase at most) of hospitalizations and deaths PER CAPITA occurred in Sweden and Germany that the US (for example)?

Will the complete destruction of the entire global economy be looked upon as justified?

Clearly the answer is NO.

But what would knowing all that after the fact do for the economic destruction of the world?

Nothing.

And so there's a very real decision to be made in the US (I can't speak for other nations) where they knowingly cross that line of assured destruction or... stop being controlled by officials who were not elected and a media that has not been elected and instead, fulfill your responsibility as an elected official and make the tough calls.

The media lies incessantly. And the US democrats, establishment dempublicans and the technocrat billionaires and the rest of the elite want as many dead people they can possibly have (and create). As the attorney general stated last night, these people (the media) have created a jihad against hydrochloroquin - that is saving lives! Reducing hospitalizations! Has a 65 year track record of safety! All because Trump suggested people speak with their doctor about using it if they have the virus or have symptoms or... work in a health care situation where your odds of being exposed to the virus are significantly higher.

Anyone that defends these actions of the media and the rest I named who backed this jihad is consciously and intentionally justifying killing people just because they hate Trump and are terrified he gains more success in implementing the Trump agenda.

It's black and white.

ALONG WITH THE WUHAN PANDEMIC, THERE'S A HUGE OUTBREAK OF LYING

LYING ABOUT THE PANDEMIC, PART 2

Ever wonder why "lying" isn't on the list of seven deadly sins?

Because it is so obvious it doesn't need to be on any list.

Last edited:
As of today, Sweden has an infection rate of 90.06 people per 100,000 people. Sweden has a death rate of 7.81 per 100,000 people.

As of today, with all the draconian measures in the US you have an infection rate of 129.86 people per 100,000 people. Sweden has a death rate of 4.45 per 100,000 people.

One nation took measures that does not destroy their economy. The other has. Which one do you think is which?

I disagree. We need to have an adult conversation about vaccines. I do not think there is any serious doubt about their value, given our population densities. But were have to confess the risks and admit the harm done.

We do not send our children to war on the promise they will all return unharmed. While viruses are not evil their nature is to colonise available territory. That means they will want to live in us if we become available to them. We have. They will kill those who cannot endure them. We do not hav immune systems calibrated to accommodate a vaccine without being injured or killed. We re not in a war as such, but we are in an evolutionary struggle. In the callous language if the Vietnam war, there will be collateral damage.

Our solution has been to create vaccines that have a failure rate acceptable to law makers. The problem, as I see it, is that this has never been negotiated with the community. The reality is that sacrifice is necessary, but those who fall in service of herd immunity are not honoured -and that is a dreadful failing.
I don't know, you want me to trust some guy I've never met that is about to make money by me getting a shot... I don't know. I'll have to think about it. Why are they shutting up Trump over telling everyone people have been cured using hydroxychloroquine & zinc? I don't like that.

Ehh, researchers have been looking for decades for a cure for coronavirus in felines (FIP). NOBODY has found a vaccine. It's a death sentence. Why all of a sudden do they find a cure for this virus? What about AIDS virus?

This might sound weird but I want to know what Russia & the Ukraine have to say about it. I don't trust the W.H.O> one bit... NOT ONE BIT.

What if... after the smoke clears, they realize that this particular virus is, in reality, causing illness and death at the same level (maybe slightly higher) as the occasional more dangerous flu? Like, in the US... 2017 when 71K people died of the flu/pneumonia?

What if there's a greater exposure of the overstated deaths due to coronavirus instead of just dying with the virus? You are aware they count dying with the virus as actually dying because of the virus, yes? Anything wrong with that? I'm asking the "scientists" here.

What if they discover that about the same rates (or a slight increase at most) of hospitalizations and deaths PER CAPITA occurred in Sweden and Germany that the US (for example)?

Will the complete destruction of the entire global economy be looked upon as justified?

Clearly the answer is NO.

But what would knowing all that after the fact do for the economic destruction of the world?

Nothing.

And so there's a very real decision to be made in the US (I can't speak for other nations) where they knowingly cross that line of assured destruction or... stop being controlled by officials who were not elected and a media that has not been elected and instead, fulfill your responsibility as an elected official and make the tough calls.

The media lies incessantly. And the US democrats, establishment dempublicans and the technocrat billionaires and the rest of the elite want as many dead people they can possibly have (and create). As the attorney general stated last night, these people (the media) have created a jihad against hydrochloroquin - that is saving lives! Reducing hospitalizations! Has a 65 year track record of safety! All because Trump suggested people speak with their doctor about using it if they have the virus or have symptoms or... work in a health care situation where your odds of being exposed to the virus are significantly higher.

Anyone that defends these actions of the media and the rest I named who backed this jihad is consciously and intentionally justifying killing people just because they hate Trump and are terrified he gains more success in implementing the Trump agenda.

It's black and white.

ALONG WITH THE WUHAN PANDEMIC, THERE'S A HUGE OUTBREAK OF LYING

LYING ABOUT THE PANDEMIC, PART 2

Ever wonder why "lying" isn't on the list of seven deadly sins?

Because it is so obvious it doesn't need to be on any list.
Here is what I actually know & saw. Starting around Oct. 2019, I saw in Wuhan a lot of deaths, saying it was pneumonia. A lot. Okay, then all of a sudden in Nov. 2019 I was seeing videos inside the hospitals, funeral homes, street videos and those OMG. Just OMG.

By Dec. 2019, I knew we had a pandemic on our hands & this thing was BAD. REAL bad. It wasn't on any of our USA news channels. I knew they must have had the same info I had. But nobody was talking about it. The things I saw were so shocking, I don't think you guys would believe it. I mean I called my own (grown) children to warn them in Dec. what was coming and I got a LOT of blowback. Nobody wanted to hear it (mother is now a genious).

BUT, what I saw was this (in short) people in body bags, LOTS, piled on top of each other, 3 to a bag. They had run out of bags. Next were people being dragged from their homes (these people looked fine) BUT, someone (they call them "supervisors" in China) said they had been "exposed". Kicking & screaming being taken away. Beat.

Then they put a LOT of people into this highrise building & set it on fire, people inside screaming. I saw how the "new" hospitals were actually being built. Not good. Basically large trailer stacked on top of each other w/bars on one small window & locking from the outside.

The military arrives, digging large trenches around those green army tents. Husband said that was to keep the people in that area. I said no, it's going to be where they end up. I was right.

Here is the deal, the Chinese were SO freaked they were killing live people who showed no symptoms BUT had been in contact w/someone who had been infected. The only thing (virus) I know well enough that would do that was like feline (FIP/wet) coronavirus. You can never be cured of it. You just become an asymptomatic carrier. Hence why the Chinese were killing perfectly fine looking people just cause they came in contact w/ this thing.

We've been looking for decades for any kind of cure for this FIP (nothing). We finally got PCR testing going so at least we'd know if an animal had it.

NOW, if by some chance, and it's been said, there are cures for things they haven't told us about (like cancer or whatnot).... ehhhhh then this would be the time to pull that monkey out of the hat. IF this hydroxychloroquine (which opens the cell wall/allowing the zinc in to kill the virus) well then, we got a cure for a WHOLE lot of problems cheap.

IF this turns out to be correct. Fausi is going to have to answer to a lot of HIV/AIDS people. We've had that for years. I don't trust the W.H.O. at all.

I mean, China who has been able to experiment (with NO regulations) on living people (like Hitler's people) they were scared & had no cure. They tried to hide it, contain it, kill living people, burn them alive, probably buried alive as well.... ehhh doesn't look good.

THAT SAID, we have some great researchers who were working on other projects now turning to this very thing. We will find something. What I can't get a straight answer on is... WHEN people are retested, they say they are "cured". I want to know are they still carrying that virus? I mean a vaccine has part of said virus in it. So... I want to know 100% are these people who got it (and cleared) are they still able to spread it (even at low rates?).

Austria, Norway, Denmark, the Czech Republic Announce Plans to Reopen at Least Parts of Their Economy -- Sweden Remains Open

Several countries in Europe have announced plans to reopen at least parts of their economy and society.

Sweden remains open and has kept its borders open as well as its preschools, grade schools, bars, restaurants, parks, and shops.
Norway is planning to open kindergarten next week.
The Danish Prime Minister announced that she expects to open day care and schools up to 5th grade on April 15th.

Austria, Norway, Denmark, and the Czech Republic have plans to reopen parts of their economies, but they have not concluded the virus is harmless.

If you look at the details of their plans to reopen, they confirm that these countries consider the virus to be a deadly danger much worse than the flu.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/cor...-countries-set-to-lift-lockdown-measures.html

Austria’s chancellor, the world’s youngest head of government at 33-years-old, said the plan was for all shops to follow suit and open from May 1.​
However, only one shopper per 20 square meters of shopping space will be permitted and all shoppers will be required to wear face masks at supermarkets and drugstores of more than 400 square meters in size.​
Kurz said restaurants and hotels would not re-open until the middle of next month, at the earliest, and public events would not be allowed until at least late June.
In Denmark, care centers and schools are set to reopen from April 15, allowing parents to return to a normal workday. However, all remaining restrictions, including bans of public gatherings of more than 10 people, will stay in place for another four weeks.​
“This will probably be a bit like walking the tightrope,” Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen told a media briefing earlier this week. “If we stand still along the way we could fall and if we go too fast it can go wrong. Therefore, we must take one cautious step at a time.”​
...​
Norway has also announced plans to gradually relax coronavirus restrictions, with kindergartens now scheduled to reopen between April 20 and April 27. Schools from the first grade to fourth grade will open from April 27.​
...​
Solberg warned that while measures would be taken to slowly reopen, working from home would continue and Norwegians should get used to measures designed to limit the spread of the virus “for a long time.”
...​
In the Czech Republic, the government has said some shops will reopen from Thursday, with rules to be relaxed on sporting activities that don’t involve the congregation of people — such as running and cycling.​

Last edited:
Austria, Norway, Denmark, and the Czech Republic have plans to reopen parts of their economies, but they have not concluded the virus is harmless.

If you look at the details of their plans to reopen, they confirm that these countries consider the virus to be a deadly danger much worse than the flu.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/cor...-countries-set-to-lift-lockdown-measures.html

Austria’s chancellor, the world’s youngest head of government at 33-years-old, said the plan was for all shops to follow suit and open from May 1.​
However, only one shopper per 20 square meters of shopping space will be permitted and all shoppers will be required to wear face masks at supermarkets and drugstores of more than 400 square meters in size.​
Kurz said restaurants and hotels would not re-open until the middle of next month, at the earliest, and public events would not be allowed until at least late June.
In Denmark, care centers and schools are set to reopen from April 15, allowing parents to return to a normal workday. However, all remaining restrictions, including bans of public gatherings of more than 10 people, will stay in place for another four weeks.​
“This will probably be a bit like walking the tightrope,” Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen told a media briefing earlier this week. “If we stand still along the way we could fall and if we go too fast it can go wrong. Therefore, we must take one cautious step at a time.”​
...​
Norway has also announced plans to gradually relax coronavirus restrictions, with kindergartens now scheduled to reopen between April 20 and April 27. Schools from the first grade to fourth grade will open from April 27.​
...​
Solberg warned that while measures would be taken to slowly reopen, working from home would continue and Norwegians should get used to measures designed to limit the spread of the virus “for a long time.”
...​
In the Czech Republic, the government has said some shops will reopen from Thursday, with rules to be relaxed on sporting activities that don’t involve the congregation of people — such as running and cycling.​

Even in Sweden, the response is different from other countries not because they think the virus is harmless but because the government believes stricter rules won't help in the long run or the economic cost is too high. They believe covid-19 is a deadly danger much worse than the flu. But when you measure the effectiveness of their plan, you have to consider what is actually happening in the country. Some people are taking more precautions than the government is requiring. And the government recently tightened the restrictions - banning public gatherings of more than 50 people.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidn...ach-is-so-different-from-others/#7165f54b562b

Why Sweden’s Coronavirus Approach Is So Different From Others
Prime Minister Stefan Löfven asked all citizens to avoid non-essential travel and for those who feel ill or are over the age of 70 to stay home, but has so far stopped short of implementing many of the strict emergency measures seen in Denmark and Norway
Despite the government choosing to issue guidance over the implementation of restrictions, many locals are taking things into their own hands. The public transport company of Stockholm reported a fall in passenger numbers of 50% last week.
Although schools are open, many parents are keeping their children at home. Also, a lot of Stockholm companies made an early decision to close offices and move to homeworking.”
Two days ago, the Swedish Public Health Agency’s Karin Tegmark Wisell said in a radio interview that it was “too soon to tell” if the Swedish approach is proving successful. She said that the higher death rate in Sweden (when compared to Norway and Finland) is down to “the virus having reached more of those at greatest risk here.”

Last weekend, public gatherings of more than 50 people were banned, in the the first sign that the increasing death rate may lead to a stricter approach from Swedish authorities.

Last edited:
The US has a plan to lift restrictions too. In the time since I made the post below, the models have been updated and the time when there will be no new cases seems to have moved a month earlier - to late May or early June - so that is good news for the US. Dr. Fauci has said that when there are no new cases we can begin to lift the restrictions because isolating any new cases that may come up will be sufficient to suppress the spread of the virus.

At the daily corona virus press conference Dr. Fauci was asked about how long social distancing would be necessary. It seems to me he says by late June or early July there won’t be any new cases and they will by then have the means in place to isolate any that come up so that things can start to get back to normal. He says, I think, a vaccine is a year or a year and a half away.

Question​
1:03:15​
Looking beyond when we're on the other side of this curve, are we looking at living with some sort of social distancing guidelines essentially, essentially until there's treatment or a vaccine. For example people looking forward to the summer talk about you know going to baseball games going to concerts we have political conventions over the summer are things like that possible or safe without a vaccine or treatment place?​
Dr. Fauci:​
1:03:39​
Yeah, I think if we get to the part of the curve that dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases no deaths at a period of time,​

[I think this is the graph he is referring to, they showed it yesterday https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections Facui didn’t give a date but to me it looks like by late June or early July there are no new cases.]

View attachment 1590
I think it makes sense that you're gonna have to relax social distancing. The one thing we hopefully would have in place, and I believe we will have in place, is a much more robust system to be able to identify someone who's infected isolate them and then do contact tracing. Because if you have a really good program of containment that prevents you from ever having to get into mitigation - we're in mitigation right now that's what the social and physical distancing is.​
The ultimate, the ultimate solution to a virus that might keep coming back would be a vaccine. In fact I was on the weekly conference call with the WHO sponsored group of all the health leaders in the world who are dealing with this, and we all came to the agreement that we may have cycling with another season. We'll be much better prepared we likely will have interventions, but the ultimate game changer in this will be a vaccine, the same way a vaccine for other diseases that were scourges in the past that now we don't even worry about.​
I mean the vaccine is, is as I said, it's on target. We're still in phase one. There were three doses that we had to test. We've been through the first two doses. We're on the highest dose now. When we get that data, it'll take a few months to get the data, to, we feel confident to go to the Phase two and then a few months from now we'll be in Phase two and I think we're right on target for a year to a year and a half.​

Last edited:
Jim, nothing in any of my posts suggested the virus is harmless. In fact, my most optimistic hope is that its no worse than the worst flu (and slightly worse than that).

The point is, you do not have to guarantee a massive, years long destruction of major reasons to live like hope that you can care for your family and loved ones (if you so have such a role as I do), or... that you could have any semblance of life whereby you still have the desire to live without sinking into a despair so great you risk ending your own life or, and likely on a much wider scale, sink into alcoholism and/or drug addiction where you not only harm yourself, but harm what loved ones you have and your community to boot.

That has been the entire theme of all my posts, not pooh-hooing a serious virus. Just pointing out that overreaction, which IMO has been imposed upon the US to the degree that to take step-by-step measures like the countries that are planning to re-start can be done and should be done before the damage to the economy does far more long term damage than the virus could ever dream to do.

There is that magic line... and many are thinking we have already crossed it. Soon, we will be so far past it that you will see the American people saying, "enough!" IMO we are almost there.

The US has a plan to lift restrictions too. In the time since I made the post below, the models have been updated and the time when there will be no new cases seems to have changed to late May or early June so that is good news for the US.

Thank God Fauci is not the elected President. You wait till mid-June and the US is economic toast. Trump won't do that - watch.

I put my money on early May and the way it will be done will model after the countries who will prove the success of their measures... many of those listed in the article.

Ohhh and you'll see the total projected deaths much closer to my prediction posted here on this forum on March 30th - 35K.

Maybe IMHE will be hiring? Think I might get a job there?

Thank God Fauci is not the elected President. You wait till mid-June and the US is economic toast. Trump won't do that - watch.

I put my money on early May and the way it will be done will model after the countries who will prove the success of their measures... many of those listed in the article.

Ohhh and you'll see the total projected deaths much closer to my prediction posted here on this forum on March 30th - 35K.

Maybe IMHE will be hiring? Think I might get a job there?

Sam,

Sorry if you already answered this, I hope you don't mind if I ask:

Why do you think there will be 35K deaths?

What do you think of the states' decisions to shut non-essential business and tell people to stay at home? Did they save lives? How many? Are they worth the economic cost?

Thanks

There is that magic line... and many are thinking we have already crossed it. Soon, we will be so far past it that you will see the American people saying, "enough!" IMO we are almost there.

I don't know where the line is but I agree.
I think that if this goes on for too long the public will decide they are willing to take the risk in order to get back to normal and the government will have to give in. ...

Sam,

Sorry if you already answered this, I hope you don't mind if I ask:

Why do you think there will be 35K deaths?

Thanks

Why did I think I would marry the woman I am married to today (for 18 years) just a few days after I met her on the desert island of Curaçao back in early 2002 and even tell her such just three days after we met?

What do you think of the states' decisions to shut non-essential business and tell people to stay at home?
Did they save lives?

The decision made by various states (not all... but to be fair, 94% of the population is subject to that shutdown)?

Since I cannot wind the hands of time backwards and because, if I could, I don't (and thus wouldn't) have the power to change the way China handled the outbreak, the smokescreen put up by the corrupt W.H.O. covering for China and thus make sure how the US reacted to protect as many of the 35K or 50K or more who will die by August in the US from this virus (noting the recent study out of the UK that suggested 95% of the world's deaths could have been avoided if China had been transparent and asked for help), then do I agree with what the states have done yet they have not gone far enough... and I will explain at the end.

How many?

One is enough though there's a caveat.

Are they worth the economic cost?

To ask that question that way suggests the points I have been making have been missed.

Have you ever seen the movie, Saving Private Ryan? Few haven't so I will assume you have.
How many people died trying to save Private Ryan in that movie? Several... certainly several more than one, Private Ryan.

But that was a movie, and as long as Tom Hanks also survived... all was hunky dory.

But that was a movie.

In real life, you have serious choices and in the case of COVID-19, choices have to be made that will put some additional lives at risk... but that would be done to save far, far more lives. Lives that we will lose either through the death caused by poverty (a proven killer), death due to depression (a proven killer) and death due to drug/alcohol abuse (a proven killer).

And what no one here seems to be talking about... and you will never here it on the media, is the all important discussion of this very point which is soberly needed for acquiring the all important buy-in of the American people.

Secondarily to this is the obvious - the fact that a well funded, powerful alliance of organizations who want as many people to die as possible so they can overcome Trump Consciousness. Surely you have noticed?

We have been in a mind-war for a long, long time. Trump and Brexit disrupted the plan. The "convenience" of the virus is being exploited to win this war. How convenient the day Nancy walks the articles of impeachment is the day the virus "officially" landed on US soil.

How can you tell which side is right? How do you know this web site is not a psychological operation?

All media have the intention to sway opinion. Humans cannot avoid bias. But we are now in an environment where the biases have taken sides... there's no middle ground. The thing about that Swedish website is that. for example, the German doctor featured in the videos did spin the numbers IMO... but that's the key here. It's up to me to decide for myself what to believe. And everything we are forced into these days is that we are assessed as either on one extreme or the other.

The answer IMO is a sober, mature, yes... difficult, set of decisions that say... hey, we can do this for now, but if we go too far, we destroy all futures for all people and no one wants that. But when you have such a soulless media... and you have idiots like Fauci and, in some ways, Birx - who only see ONE THING... do everything you can to save every single life - with absolutely NO consideration of all the lives and reasons to live that will be lost if you blow up the entire world operational mechanisms... the economy, and the media forces the President into the box he appears to be in... then, IMO, Donald Trump needs to stand up to the challenge and be a leader and get that damn economic "re-start" task force to come up with a plan that he helps create and/or agrees with and then announce it to the American people and share the reasons he believes this is what we must do and then be a freaking leader and implement it. And make sure the plan has localized measurement taking where the plan includes adjustments based on the data and the results.

That's what should be done and done NOW.

You make an address to the nation to announce the implementation of the plan on May 1. You make sure folks know the plan is guidance because this governmental structure requires these actions be taken by the states (and thus up to the governors)... but you put the pressure on them with the public address.

You stress the adherence to the guidelines that we have now no matter when an area opens up. You announce this plan in advance so that the vulnerable can be protected... that families and communities can prepare for how to get these folks what they need so they can survive their own, self-imposed quarantine.

You take the freaking handcuffs off the FDA and get treatments to where needed ASAP - there's many! And each day new, promising treatments emerge. Fast Track it all. Make sure the laws are adjusted for the emergency... liability laws I mean. You already have "The Right to Try" law... Vaccines are in process but the red tape that can be removed MUST be removed.
And get the testing ramped up - both types... the one that shows you had it and the one that can show you don't have it now. That's vital to the plan.

Go, go go! But plan it, announce it, implement it and then adjust where needed when needed. Will a life be lost directly caused by COVID-19 and the aggressive restart? YES! Will lives be saved? YES! But be a leader, make the case, stop caring about an election... because, the bottom line is this - Only a true leader should win re-election anyways... and this is Trump's opportunity to prove he is or... he isn't.

Last edited:
Back