Coronavirus Pandemic

^^^
Yes, I think what we have here is... maybe they put a name on it (like Coronavirus) but it breaks down into several very different diseases. Like in animals. We might be at the start stage where they just want to name it. Then we break it down into curable/incurable. (?) I'm sure they are breaking down this virus.. but it changes. What a mess.

Meanwhile, I'm watching (my hero) Trump tell me we are going to use the MILITARY to inject vaccines & watching as the house passes laws where they can just go to your home! WTH!? I was going to be "noble" and NOT take it. Damn tracking device. pshhh.

On one hand if we use a "tracker" well THAT puts a damper on money laundering, white slavers, human trafficking & anyone wanting to hide money. Drug deals will be down.

Study Led by D.A. Henderson — The Man Who Eradicated Smallpox — Found Draconian Lockdowns for Flu Pandemics Ineffective and Even Destructive

All I can say is - Duh!

and...

Italian Politician Demands Bill Gates Be Arrested For Crimes Against Humanity on Parliament Floor

Duh!

From a private article: "As a senior member of the British House of Lords said recently 'Historically tyranny isn’t imposed, people give away their freedom for safety'. Well, we’ve had quite enough of this sort of cowardice, and what’s more – there is no ‘safety’ on the other side of this particular coin. To fail to act in defense of life when it is obvious that every valuable aspect of life is under attack, is to be complicit in the crime."

Duh!

"What's the point of life if you can't live it?" - Bill Maher

Duh!

Last edited:
These cats look quite wild!

Never saw such cats in Russia...

shutterstock_582832921.jpg

Well, we Russians have our own wild-looking cats, Siberians:

pitomnik-sibirskih-koshek-30.jpg

P.S. Yes, it's a bit off-topic in a Covid-19(84) thread, but I couldn't help myself. ;)

Yep. But they're not for everyone. Very high energy cats that like to climb and demand a lot of attention! They started as an attempt to save an endangered Asian leopard cat by crossing with a domestic tabby and then breeding back to other Asian leopard cats to make that DNA prominent. Then people found that they make really cool pets too. So they hit the market. My wife acquired one of the originals and that cat lived to be 23. When she died we were very sad and had to find a replacement. Two different breeders. One had bred the grandmother to a bob cat and couldn't legally sell them because of a law against that, but he knew we are "cool" so a little cash under the table and voila!. Of five in the bob cat cross litter 3 had bobbed tails. I picked one that had a normal tail. I just think cats should have tails.

^^^^
We have the breed "Peterbald" from Russia. It's like a Siamese but with skin like a warm peach. Not greasy like a Sphynx. It's large, like a dog & also fetches & walks on a leash. The Bengal is a beautiful cat! I know one of the best breeders out of Canada :)

I got to know a lot of Russians & Ukraine people (the PD comes out of St.Petersberg, Russia) so I had to make inroads there over 15 years ago. Hired a Russian driver & got to know all about Russia. So much fun & learned so much! This trip got me involved w/researchers (I was already in touch w/other types of research). It also taught me PCR testing & UV lighting from microbiologist.

About the coronavirus in animals. This is what I have pretty much figured out. PCR testing (although not new to you & me) is still pretty new to a lot of people (including vets, doctors & the G.P.), it is the gold standard in testing animals (exotic & domestic).

I started yelling at people (mostly breeders) maybe 15 years ago; for them to PCR test any animal they sold & their breeder animals. Of course, I was met with howls & cries. Unfortunately for them, I'm not easily silenced. I tend to go out of my way to inform the public via the actual cat clubs online sites & direct confrontation on any site a buyer might go to. Those people are nuts. I got death threats, letters from stupid attorneys but.. you know, some of us just won't shut up. I tend to be one. The dog world & horse world are actually more powerful. Cat world is nothing compared to those folks. Don't wanna mess there, unless you have armed security. Which I do, but those people eh. Oh in case anyone wonders WHY I have security, actually it isn't me, I just happened to buy in a hood that has someone in here that is governmental. So, they roam the woods & such.

OH! So back to this virus. So, I started up a friendship w/a guy that runs the PCR lab in the USA, some researchers... AND what I found was this. There is coronavirus all over the place, but this one (covid-19) is different. Mostly when you go to a vet he will diagnose "herpes" if the dog/cat/horse has the U.R. symptoms. They don't PCR test.

A lot of vets don't even know how to PCR test or know about it (esp.an older vet). PCR will figure out WHICH U.R. illness your animal has. Some might be curable. There are a host of U.R. diseases that vets just throw in the "herpes" bucket. They do a titer test (which is old school & not as accurate).

So we can say "coronavirus" but there are some that are deadly & some that are just a cold. The test are even different. A swab or a blood test depends on what you are looking for.

I do the PCR's myself if it's a blood one I'll use my vet to draw the blood, but I'm using my lab. If I do it w/my lab I can get an entire panel done for $98. IF I use Emory for example, one test will cost me over 150. (if I'm lucky). Plus, I know my guy :)

My wife and I bred and broke thoroughbreds for the race track for quite a few years (our backs can't take it anymore). Yes. registering a TB requires genetic tests and transporting them requires blood tests too. Lot's of money in that world and people want some insurance that they aren't getting involved with a sick or otherwise flawed horse.

Last edited:
My wife and I bred and broke thoroughbreds for the race track for quite a few years (our backs can't take it anymore). Yes. registering a TB requires genetic tests and transporting them requires blood tests too. Lot's of money in that world and people want some insurance that they aren't getting involved with a sick or otherwise flawed horse.

All our cats over the years were conceived in the way they enjoy best, but we had them neutered, so I hope they don't mind.

David

I work as a Chiropractor. Pre pandemic I was seeing around 20 patients per day. The day after the lockdown, I saw 1 patient. Then it was 3-5 per day for 6 weeks. Yesterday I saw 12 and today I have 15 on the book. If my minuscule sample size means anything, the wheels of the economy might be starting to spin again.

https://reason.com/2020/05/18/do-th...19-antibody-studies-reflect-real-differences/

Alan Reynolds, a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, argues that age is a proxy for serious preexisting medical conditions, which are also associated with a much higher death rate and become more common as people get older. He notes that underlying conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, respiratory illnesses, and immune system suppression have been involved in at least 99 percent of COVID-19 deaths in New York City.​
"The absolutely critical and widely misunderstood point here is that 'underlying conditions' are THE only risk that virtually all fatal cases of COVID-19 had in common—not age," Reynolds writes. "That misunderstanding arose because old people are far more likely to have one or more of these conditions (and because more old people die of this and almost every other fatal risk). But it's about time to stop echoing the fallacy that this virus kills old people, rather than sick people."​
The prevalence of preexisting health problems is obviously relevant in understanding why COVID-19 seems to be especially deadly in some places. Another widely cited explanation is the quality and capacity of the local health care system. Other things being equal, it makes sense that a jurisdiction where hospitals are stressed by a large number of COVID-19 cases would see not just more deaths but a higher IFR [infection fatality rate / "true" fatality rate].​

https://reason.com/2020/05/18/do-th...19-antibody-studies-reflect-real-differences/

Alan Reynolds, a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, argues that age is a proxy for serious preexisting medical conditions, which are also associated with a much higher death rate and become more common as people get older. He notes that underlying conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, respiratory illnesses, and immune system suppression have been involved in at least 99 percent of COVID-19 deaths in New York City.​
"The absolutely critical and widely misunderstood point here is that 'underlying conditions' are THE only risk that virtually all fatal cases of COVID-19 had in common—not age," Reynolds writes. "That misunderstanding arose because old people are far more likely to have one or more of these conditions (and because more old people die of this and almost every other fatal risk). But it's about time to stop echoing the fallacy that this virus kills old people, rather than sick people."​
The prevalence of preexisting health problems is obviously relevant in understanding why COVID-19 seems to be especially deadly in some places. Another widely cited explanation is the quality and capacity of the local health care system. Other things being equal, it makes sense that a jurisdiction where hospitals are stressed by a large number of COVID-19 cases would see not just more deaths but a higher IFR [infection fatality rate / "true" fatality rate].​

Exactly... and so, from my POV... myself being one who is a firm believer in personal responsibility who also, in my younger years, did not heed the advice of health experts and thus have a higher than average set of health issues due to my behaviors, does not believe that the rest of the world should pay for the lack of exercise of my own personal irresponsibility.

I am male

I am 62

I am 40 lbs overweight (I was 70)

I am pre-diabetic

I used to drink alcoholicly, snort a ton of coke and was a "wake and bake" weedaholic up until age 54 when I quit all that crap.

I did have high blood pressure until I implement an exercise regimen and its usually within normal ranges.

Sooooo, with all that in mind, I do not feel its right for me to expert the world as we know it, which includes the world economy, should be destroyed because I ate what I wanted, partied hard and didn't exercise for the first 54 years of my life.

What sane person that actually thinks it through would actually justify destroying the world "for their so called 'safety' of their physical meat suit???

It's a freaking no brainer and when 'ibzerwabs' say things like..."do you have any evidence to back up what you are saying?" Guess what... do your own homework if you need to. But to get to the truth you have to use common sense and not have a bias. Otherwise, you are wasting everyone's time.

Trump apparently feels differently. Whatever suits one's narrative I guess.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reveals-taking-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus

Taking risks doesn't have to include stupid stuff like driving without your seat belt. Trump's a President. Duh - he's slightly important... far more to the world than I am at least. Hospital workers are exposed to greater risk. They take Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic - Duh! So I have far less relevance and I don't have the same need to take the same high risk... so I don't go try and get it because my risk is far. far lower than the hospital workers and I would not want to grab up what might be needed by someone with symptoms and/or has tested positive.

But I don't fear... I went to 4 stores today and lived normal. Was a beautiful sunny day here in Dallas.

Yes... common sense.
Chester is right. There are people jumping from windows in China... I mean we all know people who get locked in are going to go cra-cra, they probably already were, but once locked in (egads). The money issues, the drugs & alcohol. It's been reported. You could see this never happened before & a lot of these podcast people are selling this as THE END OF THE WORLD! Scaring people. People are scared.

Taking risks doesn't have to include stupid stuff like driving without your seat belt. Trump's a President. Duh - he's slightly important... far more to the world than I am at least. Hospital workers are exposed to greater risk. They take Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic - Duh! So I have far less relevance and I don't have the same need to take the same high risk... so I don't go try and get it because my risk is far. far lower than the hospital workers and I would not want to grab up what might be needed by someone with symptoms and/or has tested positive.

But I don't fear... I went to 4 stores today and lived normal. Was a beautiful sunny day here in Dallas.
I'm in Georgia (N.E.) so our town is buzzing. But then I live where if something weirdo comes along, they will shoot it, skin it and eat it. I do want to ask my doctor for the Hydroxychloroquine & Z pac though...

HEY EVERYONE! Okay, I think I have something that is easy to understand & might give us a clue about this virus & what to do. Let me know what you guys think (before I post it to my site):

Back