Coronavirus Pandemic

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1262786448685588480.html

Scott Adams​
@ScottAdamsSays​
Just had a fascinating conversation with my ... friend ...​
He had never heard that zinc has to be combined with hydroxychloroquine to be effective (or so the hypothesis goes). So he did not know the studies showing no effect without the zinc were not telling you much.​
He was not aware that something like a quarter of doctors would prescribe hydroxychloroquine and zinc based on the situation and the risk assessment. He believed there was zero medical opinion agreeing with Trump.​
He had never heard of "off-label" prescribing of meds, and that it is fairly normal. He believed any doctor doing such a thing was violating healthcare norms with "unproven drugs."​
He was not aware the frontline healthcare workers (some not all) have been taking hydroxychloroquine (and probably zinc) for months​
...​

Last edited:
Anyone here opposed to the development of a vaccine?
No, but I am opposed to its use in the population unless:
>Rigorous properly controlled long-term controlled safety studies have been performed.
>All ingredients are completely identified.
>Contraindications and side effects are completely identified.
>Manufacturers are liable for damages.
>It is not mandated.

None of the first four conditions have been fulfilled for any current vaccine.

Exactly... and so, from my POV... myself being one who is a firm believer in personal responsibility who also, in my younger years, did not heed the advice of health experts and thus have a higher than average set of health issues due to my behaviors, does not believe that the rest of the world should pay for the lack of exercise of my own personal irresponsibility.
Lots of people you don't know already are paying for your various sins (and not that you're unique there as we're all far from perfect). Unless you've sworn off insurance of all kinds and self-insure your health etc., that's exactly how risk pools operate. Those who actually file claims impact the premiums paid by others and vice versa. Who's more likely to file claims? Typically those who's behaviors are riskier than others in their pools.

Social Security, pension benefits, annuities,,,,, the list is endless. Its a routine part of everyday life to "pay" (or profit) for the actions/decisions of others.

I get this is a hyper-sensitive topic but pretending to take some noble high ground here while participating regularly in many other aspects of life rings a tad hollow. Wouldn't you say?

Lots of people you don't know already are paying for your various sins (and not that you're unique there as we're all far from perfect). Unless you've sworn off insurance of all kinds and self-insure your health etc., that's exactly how risk pools operate. Those who actually file claims impact the premiums paid by others and vice versa. Who's more likely to file claims? Typically those who's behaviors are riskier than others in their pools.

Social Security, pension benefits, annuities,,,,, the list is endless. Its a routine part of everyday life to "pay" (or profit) for the actions/decisions of others.

I get this is a hyper-sensitive topic but pretending to take some noble high ground here while participating regularly in many other aspects of life rings a tad hollow. Wouldn't you say?
I don't understand your last comment here. ^^^

1) Hyper-sensitive: I don't think (REALLY) anyone who is on here would actually be "hyper-sensitive". I think most people here just like to take ideas (theirs or others) out for a test drive.

2) Who took a "noble high ground"? We might be a self-assured kind of group ready to rumble, but I wouldn't call it "noble or high ground". wth...

Are you saying cause I got a double-dipped cone at Dairy Queen that was risk behavior? Or my bike riding or someone else? I'm in Georgia, I got a Governor who said, "Hell no, we want out." And so we all went out. We're loose on the streets. Do you mean that?

Eventually, you all will have to come out. You'll have to take that leap....

interesting that a lot of anti-vaxxers are promoting hydroxychloroquine...

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydroxychloroquine-side-effects.html
We're not stupid of course we'd chose a pill over a rapidly made vaccine that we know won't work. Just stab us in the arm or worse!?

No, I'd try the pill. Too many doctors & nurses AND patients said it works or saved them. These "side effects" you do know most of us have some of those. I got #2 just reading this.

Damn, reading down on the list! wth...
  • feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
  • feeling that others can hear your thoughts
  • Fear of crazy neighbor stealing my mail & causing weirdness in the neighborhood

1) Hyper-sensitive: I don't think (REALLY) anyone who is on here would actually be "hyper-sensitive". I think most people here just like to take ideas (theirs or others) out for a test drive.
Chester (Sam?) seemed to be articulating some pretty strong reactions to some of the public health pronouncements. It came through to me as something he was pretty sensitive about.

2) Who took a "noble high ground"? We might be a self-assured kind of group ready to rumble, but I wouldn't call it "noble or high ground".
He's saying he doesn't want anyone to do anything to protect him from the virus acknowledging he's at higher risk due to his present health. He further indicates his health conditions are in all/some part due to decisions he's made. The "nobility" (and I was poking some fun there) was his self-sacrifice; his willingness to let the chips fall where they may with COVID so as to not economically impact others.

That help?

Too many doctors & nurses AND patients said it works or saved them.
Source? Or is this something we're just telling each other.

All this gnashing of teeth over proper safety and efficacy protocols for vaccines yet we're already convinced of hydroxychloroquine's safety and efficacy in preventing COVID. Cognitive dissonance?

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/mu...ut-of-coronavirus-coma-was-like-escaping-hell

For Death Angel drummer, coming out of coronavirus coma was like escaping ‘hell’​
...​
While in the coma, Carroll said he had dreams of visiting the afterlife. He saw himself leave his body and plummet down to hell, where Satan — a woman in his case — punished him for the deadly sin of sloth, morphing him into a Jabba the Hutt-like-monster who vomited blood until he had a heart attack.​
“I woke up on the hospital bed with tubes coming in and out of me, and there was a nurse right there and my first words were, ‘Am I still in hell?’ ” Carroll said. “She ignored me.”​
Carroll, who celebrated his 47th birthday on Wednesday, May 13, said his near-death experience gave him a new outlook on life. He now plans on living a healthier life without hard alcohol or bong rips, though he’ll still drink the occasional hard cider and narrow his marijuana use to edibles. He also adopted a belief in a higher power; he feels the prayers from his family and friends helped him pull through.​

I don't have health insurance - I pay cash... but also keep in mind, I go to a "doctor" for the lab stuff only. Then I decide what I might do to treat the various "its" if I want to and how I want to (none of it via BIG Pharma). I got no guilt and no reason to feel guilty. But I do feel bad for all the folks that are getting destroyed in all the ways this COVID-19(84) scamdemic has been played by the liberal globalists, the "in the tank" media and the "lost" who haven't dealt with their fear of death of their body (get over it) -

Thankfully, more and more level headed, comprehensive thinkers are raising hell about this lunacy

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/do...lth-effects-of-continued-coronavirus-shutdown

All this gnashing of teeth over proper safety and efficacy protocols for vaccines yet we're already convinced of hydroxychloroquine's safety and efficacy in preventing COVID. Cognitive dissonance?

It's easy to think you win an argument by asking for a "source" when you know the truth of Hydroxychloroquine has been supressed in the US and other countries controlled by BIG Pharma and corporate liberal media for political reasons. You know this OR, you are ill-informed OR, suffer from anti-confirmation bias.

Red Pill heads see through this game.

Lock downs killed MORE people than otherwise would have died according to this "source" -

https://www.jpmorgan.com/country/US/en/research/covid-19-across-markets

JPMorgan has a devastating piece arguing that infection rates have declined — not increased — in states where lockdowns have ended, “even after allowing for an appropriate measurement lag.” (Kolonavic)

Same goes for various countries, adds JPM. “This means that the pandemic and COVID-19 likely have its own dynamics unrelated to often inconsistent lockdown measures that were being implemented..”

Last edited:
Lock downs killed MORE people than otherwise would have died according to this "source" -

https://www.jpmorgan.com/country/US/en/research/covid-19-across-markets

JPMorgan has a devastating piece arguing that infection rates have declined — not increased — in states where lockdowns have ended, “even after allowing for an appropriate measurement lag.” (Kolonavic)

Same goes for various countries, adds JPM. “This means that the pandemic and COVID-19 likely have its own dynamics unrelated to often inconsistent lockdown measures that were being implemented..”

I'm writing from a country (NZ) that actually took their lockdown seriously and eliminated the virus... so how does that fit?

Last edited:

You're like a child asking for "source" can't you look it up yourself? *sigh fine. How many do you want? If you'd pay attention you'd see them all. Here is one:

Nobody was gnashing their teeth, you're oversensitive. I'm convinced there is something about hydroxychloroquine AND chloroquine PLUS ZINC that does help. Understand the hydroxychloroquine opens the cell to allow the zinc to kill the virus. PAY ATTENTION!

Class dismissed; "Silence, I'm going to want to see your mother after school."

Last edited:
I'm writing from a country (NZ) that actually took their lockdown seriously and eliminated the virus... so how does that fit?
We took it seriously, we just have stuff to do in Georgia (USA). But a lot of states are still in shutdown. They will be closed until the end of August (so far). N.Y. is a death trap so is N.J.. Of course (NZ) if you're shut inside you're not going to die of the Wuhan virus or anything else catching. It's not healthy for humans to be in lockdown. I mean for kids it's really bad. I'm in the forest, so I can sit outside or ride my bike around, we all have acreage in here.

A lot of people don't, this isn't healthy or good for a healthy growing family w/young kids. Just isn't. IF we could see it... but in my town, we haven't seen it. Maybe it flew over us. My congressman got it, but he was going to D.C... then he shut himself in. Rep. Doug Collins. I love him (tell no one).

I want to add here, I'm now pretty convinced that China (knowingly) spread it to Europe then it came to the USA.

Back