Coronavirus Pandemic

Besides, everyone here lives in an at least nominally democratic state, don't they?
There is a bit of sensationalism going on in this thread.

As Hurm knows, I like to toss this around for other people's takes but we'll leave this here for my own take above this time: Let's see how it ages. ;)

There is a bit of sensationalism going on in this thread.

As Hurm knows, I like to toss this around for other people's takes but we'll leave this here for my own take above this time: Let's see how it ages. ;)
I actually meant to say 'relatively' or perhaps 'somewhat' democratic state, not 'nominally'. Anyway, why am I going on your spreadsheet for that?

Last edited:
Dude, there is nothing in the world I would rather do than live among trees and birds, drink wine and praise God. The bastards won't let me. They force me to wear a muzzle and threaten to stick a needle in me.

We are planning on moving to Colombia (it is a 5 year plan). My wife is from Medellin. We are considering one of the small communities just outside Medellin. We just want to get away from all this political insanity and live more in nature. We're sick of of it all. We are looking at tree houses. :)

We are planning on moving to Colombia (it is a 5 year plan). My wife is from Medellin. We are considering one of the small communities just outside Medellin. We just want to get away from all this political insanity and live more in nature. We're sick of of it all. We are looking at tree houses. :)
My friends in Bogota and Medellin tell mi they are in lockdown, going nuts. All of South America is a huge jail now. Also got skype students in Cnile and Argentina, they are 6 months in lockdown. It's horrible. I would investigate it if I were you. The economic consequences of all this madness for Latin America are gonna be catastrophic, I don't know whether in 5 years they bounce back. I'm thinking about Prague or Budapest: No muzzles, no restrictions, liberty, great people, amazingly beautiful cities....

I would say that Pelosi is a prime example of what is wrong with politicians. She used her political position to get rich. And she thinks it's fine to have one set of laws for the elite and a different set of laws for everyone else.

The shop owner is going to be punished for Pelosi being caught.

Baloney. Trump is the epitome of seeing two sets of rules; one for the elite and another for the rest of us. At best they're both in this "elites are bad actors" camp if that's what you're trying to get at.

This false dichotomy being put forth to support your political agenda is just dishonest, false, not real.

Somehow painting Trump as a good or at least "not bad" elite while picking your favorite foil (Pelosi in this case) to label as evil/bad/whatever just can't be substantiated.

My friends in Bogota and Medellin tell mi they are in lockdown, going nuts. All of South America is a huge jail now. Also got skype students in Cnile and Argentina, they are 6 months in lockdown. It's horrible. I would investigate it if I were you. The economic consequences of all this madness for Latin America are gonna be catastrophic, I don't know whether in 5 years they bounce back. I'm thinking about Prague or Budapest: No muzzles, no restrictions, liberty, great people, amazingly beautiful cities....

Thank you and I am glad you highlighted this because all I get is information from my wife who (understandably) misses her home... but also, she has been open about what she's told by her sisters and other friends she has in Medellin. Because our plan is set for five years out, we have much time to consider all this. But also, one of my concerns is forced vaccination related to air travel and if it comes down to that, it will be a very tricky component as to what I would be willing to do. At least you can get to Prague or Budapest by land!

Last edited:
Thank you and I am glad you highlighted this because all I get is information from my wife who (understandably) misses her home... but also, she has been open about what she's told by her sisters and other friends she has in Medellin. Because our plan is set for five years out, we have much time to consider all this. But also, one of my concerns is forced vaccination related to air travel and if it comes down to that, it will be a very tricky component as to what I would be willing to do. At least you can get to Prague or Budapest by land!
Technically, you can get to Colombia by land, too, only it's a long and dangerous drive. about 2600 miles. Flying, I'm afraid, is not gonna be an acceptable option any soon.

Technically, you can get to Colombia by land, too, only it's a long and dangerous drive. about 2600 miles. Flying, I'm afraid, is not gonna be an acceptable option any soon.

I used to live in Ciudad de Panama (between 2007 and 2012) and it seemed to me that one would be wise to take a boat around the southern part of Panama (Darién forest area) as Highway 1 ends at Yaviza. Also, that area is controlled by folks you don't want to run into (guerilleros y narcotraficantes) and this extends into Colombia.

Boy it suddenly became depressing for me when it sunk in what you had posted, Enrique... I want Cristina to be happy and I was so set on fulfilling her dream to live out our final days near her birth home, Medellin... like somewhere outside the city, up in the mountains and away from any pollution... Terrible what the empowered have pushed this world towards... terrible that we played and play our role in supporting it or allowing it. What a ridiculous waste.

So now they’re clearing red tape to get the vaccine available a few days before the election...

Great move! Now Trump will continue bragging on up to the election that it’s his vaccine and he got it rushed thru.

Now the Right which is largely distrustful of the vaccine will be more inclined to support Trump’s vaccine and a few months later as side effects start rolling in Bill Gates can screech on about how he said it would take longer but Trump rushed it through to win the election sacrificing the safety of the public in the process.

Edit: Silence please go ahead and add this prediction to your spreadsheet so we can see how it ages.

I don't have a political agenda. I just don't like seeing Marxism take over Western governments.

specifically what policies are you worried about?

When answering, remember Trump is the one investing heavily in a police/military state... is the president who has done more than any other for ethnic minorities, and is rushing a mandatory vaccines through to his subjects.

And if you quote policies Biden hasn’t endorsed I’m gonna Chris Wallace yo ass.

I used to live in Ciudad de Panama (between 2007 and 2012) and it seemed to me that one would be wise to take a boat around the southern part of Panama (Darién forest area) as Highway 1 ends at Yaviza. Also, that area is controlled by folks you don't want to run into (guerilleros y narcotraficantes) and this extends into Colombia.

Boy it suddenly became depressing for me when it sunk in what you had posted, Enrique... I want Cristina to be happy and I was so set on fulfilling her dream to live out our final days near her birth home, Medellin... like somewhere outside the city, up in the mountains and away from any pollution... Terrible what the empowered have pushed this world towards... terrible that we played and play our role in supporting it or allowing it. What a ridiculous waste.
Man, I'm so sorry to be a party pooper..... I have the same dilemma.... I'm experiencing a horrible PTSD from my Soviet days, having to live now the horrible dictatorship that have been imposed on us in Spain now, I really wanna run away from here, but my wife has a job she loves in a famous Madrid museum, so I can't go anywhere. I'm 60, my only ambition is to live the rest of my days in relative dignity and not having to be a slave. It looks more and more that in this country it's gonna be impossible. You have 5 years to go, maybe, just maybe, things calm down sufficiently for you to move down there. You never know, reality is weirder than any movie. Keep your nose up, cowboy.

So now they’re clearing red tape to get the vaccine available a few days before the election...

Great move! Now Trump will continue bragging on up to the election that it’s his vaccine and he got it rushed thru.

Now the Right which is largely distrustful of the vaccine will be more inclined to support Trump’s vaccine and a few months later as side effects start rolling in Bill Gates can screech on about how he said it would take longer but Trump rushed it through to win the election sacrificing the safety of the public in the process.

Edit: Silence please go ahead and add this prediction to your spreadsheet so we can see how it ages.

Here's my prediction... Trump gets votes for pushing the efforts to get "the vaccine" yet upon re-election he follows through on the comments he's made lately which stated essentially that though some people won't choose to get the vaccine, enough would that the "herd immunity" does the job.

I specifically heard Trump state this just in the last week. And that keeps the votes and, in fact, raises the votes Trump will receive.

He even stated that he had never gotten even a flu vaccine until he was strongly advised to do so as President. And he said, I've never been sick with the flu before I was President or since (meaning the last three years). I have no doubt he will not back "forced vaccinations."

Didn't Trump just bring peace to the middle east? And hasn't he been requiring local governments to ask for federal help in stopping the riots, so he doesn't overstep Federal authority?

Trump is not making vaccines mandatory.

https://www.newswars.com/trump-never-pushed-a-mandatory-covid-19-vaccine/

https://www.millennialmillie.com/?wix-vod-video-id=undefined&wix-vod-comp-id=comp-jx9p57yh

That doesn’t answer the question I asked.
specifically what policies are you worried about?

Here's my prediction... Trump gets votes for pushing the efforts to get "the vaccine" yet upon re-election he follows through on the comments he's made lately which stated essentially that though some people won't choose to get the vaccine, enough would that the "herd immunity" does the job.

I specifically heard Trump state this just in the last week. And that keeps the votes and, in fact, raises the votes Trump will receive.

He even stated that he had never gotten even a flu vaccine until he was strongly advised to do so as President. And he said, I've never been sick with the flu before I was President or since (meaning the last three years). I have no doubt he will not back "forced vaccinations."

The election is a mere sideshow. The linebackers are still shoving each other at the 5 yard line while the tight end is 50 yards down the field with the ball about to casually hip thrust his way into the end zone. Why do you think the Democrats have such a loser candidate and Trump is an asshole with 4th grade vocabulary?

The president will not issue some forced vaccination order (at least not in the near future for COVID). Doesn't need to. All the string pullers need is for local governments to modify their lockdown orders to allow conditional re-opening. To re-open, people will have to submit to some combination of proof of vaccination (immunity passports) or proof of non-positive through regular testing or face masks and social distancing.

For a few years as everyone is getting adjusted to the new normal, those who refuse the vaccine and testing can wear masks in order to participate in society. Many will grow tired of the masks and eventually submit. They've already run this operation in the hospitals with the flu shot. Or they'll use "Pandemic #2" - a real bioterror weapon with high death rate - to clean up the few anti-vaxxers that remain.

Back