Courtney Brown, The Future of Scientific Remote Viewing |421|

This idea that all of our problems are washed away and we become problemless saints after death is religious mythology.
I'm not sure that it is religious, it is more like folk-mythology. One often hears of the deceased, especially children, referred to as 'angels'. But this doesn't seem to be part of any religion, it is more a current social or cultural language, not one rooted in serious tradition.

I'm not sure that it is religious, it is more like folk-mythology. One often hears of the deceased, especially children, referred to as 'angels'. But this doesn't seem to be part of any religion, it is more a current social or cultural language, not one rooted in serious tradition.
Well, actually you hear a lot of it in the new age community. “When you die you go to the light and become love.” But a lot of Christians believe this, to be sure. They think you’re transmitted into heavenly paradise where there is no sin.

I was referring to “angels” in the sense of being,
Character, and behavior. Not necessarily a literal winged being.

Last edited:
Well, actually you hear a lot of it in the new age community. “When you die you go to the light and become love.” But a lot of Christians believe this, to be sure. They think you’re transmitted into heavenly paradise where there is no sin.
You often hear the same thing said in NDEs, the loving light being God. I think that bit is true, that God loves all of us equally no matter what we’ve done. The bit they’re assuming is that we will become part, or equal to, the same entity for eternity after this life. Personally, I think there’s a long journey to travel before we get to that point.

You often hear the same thing said in NDEs, the loving light being God. I think that bit is true, that God loves all of us equally no matter what we’ve done. The bit they’re assuming is that we will become part, or equal to, the same entity for eternity after this life. Personally, I think there’s a long journey to travel before we get to that point.
There May be some truth to it, sure. I agree that if this happens, it doesn’t simply happen after we die here. I’m not sure what to make of the light. But I’m not convinced that it’s direct evidence of a western style God. People who live in the western world tend to have this experience, while this idea of the light seems to be generally missing in Eastern accounts. This is the same thing we see with Jesus in NDEs. It’s pretty much a Western thing, at least as far as I can’t tell. The study of Eastern NDEs is severely lacking, but there is SOME data.

I do tend to think that we are part of an eternal consciousness, that we are all linked and are one. And that love is our natural state. That tends to be my view of “God.” But, who knows. But in this sense, I feel that we already are this same entity.

But to drive home my previous point, astral travelers and OBE practitioners like Will Buhlman, Jurgen Ziewe, Cyrus Kirkpatrick, and (in my opinion) the best objective afterlife researchers like Victor Zammit, Craig Hogan, Sonia Rinaldi etc, along with the reincarnation research, and the best channeled information like the Seth Material, all generally tell us that we carry most of our hardships and struggles with us after we die. The work continues.

Some people who experience NDEs make the mistake of thinking that, since they died, they automatically have become privy to what our afterlife state will be. I don’t think this is necessarily true. I think an NDE is a rather dramatic and forced STE through an experience of an extended consciousness realm, perhaps like that experienced through ingesting DMT. I don’t believe it be necessarily gives a glimpse to the afterlife. I like studying the works of the OBE gurus I just mentioned in addition to guys like Yogananda and Swedenborg etc, because these experiences are repeated throughout their lifetime and, in many ways, in many instances seem to mirror or seem similar to NDE experiences. NDE experiencers are thrusted into this bizarre experience once and then struggle to put it into context. NDEs are incredible and are super important experiences, and I do not wish to demean them. But we need to be very cautious in interpreting their meaning

Whatever data Courtney has dug up regarding this idea of continued hardship after death would be perfectly in line with the views already held by what I personally consider to be the best afterlife researchers

Last edited:
There May be some truth to it, sure. I agree that if this happens, it doesn’t simply happen after we die here. I’m not sure what to make of the light. But I’m not convinced that it’s direct evidence of a western style God. People who live in the western world tend to have this experience, while this idea of the light seems to be generally missing in Eastern accounts. This is the same thing we see with Jesus in NDEs. It’s pretty much a Western thing, at least as far as I can’t tell. The study of Eastern NDEs is severely lacking, but there is SOME data.
As far as I'm aware, there are very, very few NDEs where Jesus is found. It is extremely rare, maybe even non-existent. On the other hand, what is fairly common is for the experiencer to encounter some being, some overwhelming being. The person may choose to attach the name 'Jesus' to the phenomenon, but that is purely incidental, much as a person seeing a moving dot of light in the sky might name it a UFO or even an alien craft. Attaching labels is what people do, but it doesn't reach into the heart of a phenomenon and accurately describe its nature.

NDEs are incredible and are super important experiences, and I do not wish to demean them.
I think we’re around the same area. I tend to agree with you that we‘re nowhere near done after one life here on earth, I have listened to and read a lot of Jurgen’s stuff. I do think he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about NDErs though. He has no need to imo.

I think we’re around the same area. I tend to agree with you that we‘re nowhere near done after one life here on earth, I have listened to and read a lot of Jurgen’s stuff. I do think he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about NDErs though. He has no need to imo.
You’re right, he does seem to. He actually made a post about this on an NDE page on Facebook that I’m part of a few months ago. He was expressing disappointment that his posts weren’t being approved regarding his experiences. I get where he’s coming from, but, it is an NDE page lol. And people like to stray way off topic, so it’s understandable that moderators would want it to stay on topic.

I do tend to think that we are part of an eternal consciousness, that we are all linked and are one. And that love is our natural state. That tends to be my view of “God.” But, who knows. But in this sense, I feel that we already are this same entity.

But to drive home my previous point, astral travelers and OBE practitioners like Will Buhlman, Jurgen Ziewe, Cyrus Kirkpatrick, and (in my opinion) the best objective afterlife researchers like Victor Zammit, Craig Hogan, Sonia Rinaldi etc, along with the reincarnation research, and the best channeled information like the Seth Material, all generally tell us that we carry most of our hardships and struggles with us after we die. The work continues.

Some people who experience NDEs make the mistake of thinking that, since they died, they automatically have become privy to what our afterlife state will be. I don’t think this is necessarily true. I think an NDE is a rather dramatic and forced STE through an experience of an extended consciousness realm, perhaps like that experienced through ingesting DMT. I don’t believe it be necessarily gives a glimpse to the afterlife. I like studying the works of the OBE gurus I just mentioned in addition to guys like Yogananda and Swedenborg etc, because these experiences are repeated throughout their lifetime and, in many ways, in many instances seem to mirror or seem similar to NDE experiences. NDE experiencers are thrusted into this bizarre experience once and then struggle to put it into context. NDEs are incredible and are super important experiences, and I do not wish to demean them. But we need to be very cautious in interpreting their meaning

Whatever data Courtney has dug up regarding this idea of continued hardship after death would be perfectly in line with the views already held by what I personally consider to be the best afterlife researchers
What does that mean? There is still all the negative emotions and even greater challenges and hardships?

Birth becomes very odd, at this point, if true...

Perhaps the light in the eastern tradition is missing, not sure, but an english google search found nothing remarkable. Probably a good idea to try the native languages, if you have done that, then nevermind.