Dark and darker and darker possibilities of the truth behind near death experience phenomena

Dark and darker and darker possibilities of the truth behind near death experience phenomena

I think it's time to do this, so let us do it. Think about some dark, darker, and darker possibilities of the truth behind near death experience phenomena.

About several years ago, when I first got to know the near death experience phenomena - the event which had lead me to take interest in near death experiences is another and long story - I, like many other people, was fascinated, enthralled and enamored by the first impression to its positive inspiration. Many near death experiences are characterized with soothing, curing, positive, delighting elements, like unconditional love, wonderful afterlife, realer than real, totally accepted by angels and gods, every fault every guilt every shame every greedy desire are understood and accepted by angels and gods they understand the very back motives of your every wrong or right done and they don't judge. No negative mood in the other side and angels and gods are joyful, amiable, relaxing and humorous and don't give you any pressure or blame for any reason, every puzzle in your life has an answer, there is a purpose of everything serving for a splendid plan....

Guess what? I just lack time and English language vocabulary, otherwise I would write a book to say these fancy sweet so-called "positive inspiration", "divine caring", soppy chicken soup or something I do not have English vocabulary to describe. I'm a very busy software programmer, if I'd be paid for writing articles or fictitious novels much much more than I now am earning by being a drab wooden-brain coder, I would say bye bye to my tech leader and project manager and boss as soon as tomorrow morning.

Hey friends let us choose some other time and some other places to say these bright fancy sweet stories to deceive each other and to deceive our self by each of ourselves, now, here, let us focus on some truth OK? Please.

When people come to that unfamiliar, transcendent, otherworldly, spiritual place, or heaven, or unnamed place if you'd like to call, or any word you choose at your ease, if this person is sane, he/she can have those super happy feelings, for a minute, an hour, a whole day long, or even a year, but eventually he/she will do some really meaningful things, like to find some deceased ones, to talk to them when he/she find them, or at least, to ask questions to the angels and gods if they were unable to find some very specific deceased ones.

I don't know and I can't judge whether those soppy narrations in the near death experience literary are lies, more or less, but one thing for sure, that is, almost all near death experiencers come back to earthly life with a nearly zero low desire, low curiosity, low caring, low urgency, low responsibility, low interest, low conscience, to further investigate and question what's the true source and sustaining mechanism of their experiences and what would lead into future of mankind under their influences, and if there is really an afterlife, whether deceased ones are all there and whether they are OK being existent there. Yeah, that's what I mean, strangely weirdly grotesquely, near death experiencers do not care about the truth and they have stopped further investigation and questioning and kept enjoying immersing themselves into an abnormally ill happy mood.

This obviously strange crack makes me ponder, it is possible that the "love" near death experiencers mentioned, is completely not the "love" we thought they are referring to, but something else, like some drug induced bio-chemical process which strangely causes the experiencers to have a strange and special feeling of "being loved and happy". It is ill and abnormal, not a good thing as it firstly seemed.

I haven't said all I want to say. No time tonight, later.

Let me contrive a story, a pair of parents gave birth to a lovely daughter, named her Annie. Two years later, Annie was kidnapped by a group of traffickers. I don't contrive a scary story so far, this group of traffickers were just selling children for money to some infertile couples, they do not hurt the children they kidnapped, or took by any other means like they found on the roadside, meaning the child had been deserted. A billionaire purchased two years old Annie. For some reasons this billionaire had retired from his enterprise, secluded from metropolis to a remote village deep inside some nature landscape, his wife was sterile, they wanted to adopt a daughter very eagerly.

Annie's parents were very very sad for their loss of Annie, they never stopped finding Annie's trace, they spent almost all their deposited money and the money they kept earning, and besides earning money, all their time and energy had been used for finding Annie.

Human society developed rapidly, many technologies had been invented and improved, ways of social administration had been advanced, means of people's communication had been drastically widened. At Annie's eighteen years old, her birth parents found her trace and located her by the help of social aiding organization specialized in finding relatives who lost contact with each other for a long time. By some moral rules and under the arrangement and negotiation efforts by this social aiding organization, Annie's adopt parents - that billionaire and his wife consented to let Annie's birth parents come to meet her. Meanwhile Annie's mother couldn't go to the village billionaire dwelt, for some irresistible reasons, so Annie's father purchased aeroplane ticket to meet Annie, for the first time since 16 years.

Several days later, Annie's father came home, Annie's mother hurried to receive him and the first words she said is:

Annie's mother: Have you met Annie, is she all well?

Annie's father: I visited that village, I couldn't express how beautiful the landscape there is.

Annie's mother: It's great, at least Annie lived and grew up in a good place, so you met Annie, right? Is she all well? She must have been tall now.

Annie's father: There are wonderful people in that village, they live their lives in a divine way, I adore them immediately when I met some of them.

Annie's mother: You mean, they are kind and peaceful, right? Villagers usually lead a calm life, so what about Annie? Has she entered university? She is now 18 years old.

Annie's father: Everyone emits love energy in that village, they love eath other and they also welcomed me and loved me with all their hearts.

Annie's mother: Hey, I want to hear news about our daughter - Annie, don't talk about people in there, what have you talked with Annie? Will she come home? I mean her home in here.

Annie's father: Annie is very happy being in there, like everyone there does.

Annie's mother: Oh, thank God, praise God, so you met Annie right? In her adopt parents' house right? Are they treating Annie very well? Are they really rich?

Annie's father: Money is not important there, they lead a spiritual way of life there.

Annie's mother: Hey honey you've talked a lot of other things about that place, I believe you that it is as beautiful as paradise, now, let us talk about Annie OK? What she looks like now? Has she grown like you and me?

Annie's father: That place is not as beautiful as paradise, it is where paradise lays, it is paradise itself, and it is where God expresses love to people. Paradise is real....

Annie's mother: Hey honey stop stop, have you been drunken? I get a bit worrying, first, tell me, have you seen Annie, don't talk any other thing, just tell me, have you seen Annie.

Annie's father: I didn't see Annie directly there, but I sensed her love energy, her love energy is palpable, strong, profound, and splendid.

Annie's mother: What are you talking about???? You start to scare me. Hey please honey, have you eaten some drugs? Your condition is not like when you left several days ago, please wake up and be sober, what do you mean by saying that you didn't meet Annie? You flied there but didn't meet Annie? Why? Her adopt parents changed their minds? They prohibited you from seeing her? (Annie's mother's voice started to be hasty and she apparently started to raise intense disappointment and worrying.)

Annie's father: Annie is OK by being in there, there is only love there. No hatred, no bad purpose, not any negative feeling.
(Annie's mother started to be really scared and started to really worry. She enlarged her eyes, stared at Annie's father for several seconds, with a startling facial expression, without any idea what was wrong with him.)

Annie's mother: ???? ???? What happened to you???? You talk in a very.... weird way. Are you abnormal? Have you met Annie's adopt parents?

Annie's father: No.

Annie's mother: Where did you go?

Annie's father: That village.

Annie's mother: Which village? We agreed that you went to the village where social aiding organization located Annie, several days ago, remember?

Annie's father: Yeah, of course.

Annie's mother: So where did you go?

Annie's father: That village. It's paradise.

Annie's mother: But why you didn't even meet Annie's adopt parents? Aren't they living there now?

Annie's father: Every wonderful and loving person lives there.

Annie's mother: You are being weird. Whom have you met there?

Annie's father: Angels, they shew me love's grandeur.

Annie's mother: I need to take you to the hospital better soon, honey, or you don't play jokes with me. Tell me what happened to you these several days. Why you keep talking some weird words right at your returning? We agreed several days ago that you went to that village to meet Annie, but you now tell me you didn't meet Annie or any person there, you need to give me an explanation honey, stop playing jokes.

Annie's father: You will need to visit that place yourself to know how beautiful there is, and to understand how God loves us. Words can not convey the love in there.

Annie's mother: ???? ???? Did you go to meet some old lovers of yours these days? You didn't go to that village at all right?

Annie's father: I definitely went to that village. God is now with me, loving me.

Annie's mother took out her cellphone, and called that social aiding organization to ask for the contact method of that billionaire, to check out whether they saw and received Annie's father's visit.

Sorry for my poorly written story. I don't go further on this story. I think sane people in this forum will understand what I want to say by contriving and posting this story: the Annie's mother in this story acts like a normal, sane person would act. Annie's father acts in a weird insane way. And Annie's father's behavior is very much like what near death experiencers do. The insanity is obvious and.... scary, rather than comforting, soothing, transcendent, inspiring.

Don't take it as truth or a good thing when hear near death experiencers said "unconditional love", "realer than real". If a sane person has a near death experience, it is OK to feel good or loved, no problem, but how could he/she just do nothing forever except for just immersing into a silly good feeling? The first thing sane people concern about, will be to find someone in that situation, talk many many things with him/her.

The angels which near death experiencers mentioned, talked to them in an idiot way. The near death experiencers are not interested in asking some meaningful questions, nor do they question those angels' idiot behaviors. Take an example, I don't know what angel is or what God is, but I'm sure angels or God won't come to near death experiencers then just say: "It's not your time, you need to go back." It doesn't make sense that angels or God would do such an idiot thing like as if they are so bored for that they can't find any single better thing to do other than coming to near death experiencers to speak this obviously silly sentence: "It's not your time, you need to go back." In any respect and any concern, there isn't any necessity or any meaning that angels or God would do such a meaningless idiot thing. Near death experiencers never question this weirdness.

I have many things to say, too late tonight, later.

This one's easy.

Either you are a conscious agent or you are not. If you are not, none of any of this matters.

If you are then... the next question is, can you retain continuity of your conscious agency beyond death of your physical body vehicle? If no, then again... what does any of that matter anyway?

If yes, regardless of having proof of such or not, imagine living life as if not? So, the no-brainer is to bet there's continuity.

Now... if there be, do you have a choice in the matter? Again, its an easy one. If you don't have choice in the matter, is that the sort of experiential paradigm you wish to partake in? My answer is, "No," Thus I live with the assumption I have that choice.

And thus, if I have that choice, I also live under the assumption I choose my experiences - even if I like fooling myself "its up to someone or some "God" thingie," that choice will be made by my sub-conscience.

Simple, solution - bet on life if that's what you desire and bet that your experiences are your responsibility to create.

And if you end up in some dark place... take responsibility for it, that might accelerate your journey out.

Last edited:
This one's easy.

Either you are a conscious agent or you are not. If you are not, none of any of this matters.

If you are then... the next question is, can you retain continuity of your conscious agency beyond death of your physical body vehicle? If no, then again,,, what does any of that matter anyway?

If yes, regardless of having proof of such or not, imagine living life as if not? So, the no-brainer is to bet there's continuity.

Now... if there be, do you have a choice in the matter? Again, its an easy one. If you don't have choice in the matter, is that the sort of experiential paradigm you wish to partake in? My answer is, "No," Thus I live with the assumption I have that choice.

And thus, if I have that choice, I also live under the assumption I choose my experiences - even if I like fooling myself "its up to someone or some "God" thingie," that choice will be made by my sub-conscience.

Simple, solution - bet on life if that's what you desire and bet that your experiences are your responsibility to create.

And if you end up in some dark place... take responsibility for it, that might accelerate your journey out.
Quite awesom

Hi, Sam Hunter. Some third person who will read this thread, will notice that what you said is not in the same channel of what I was talking about.

I will explain my analysis of the reason behind this. But prior to that, I want to say first, I wish what I will say won't offend you. I offended Raimo and Typoz in some of my posts in another thread, I apologize sincerely to them. Perhaps, after reading what I'm going to say in the following, you will understand more about my stance of posting my opinions.

Every person has a "top concern" in every dot time, every moment.

People's subconsciousness is always calculating whether "the idea of what gonna do" serves that "top concern", if it does serve, in how much degree, if it doesn't serve or even hinders "top concern", then in how much degree.

After subconsciousness' calculating, people will discard every "idea" which doesn't help or even hinders their "top concern", with attitudes of contempt, loathing, aversion, hatred, etc. And stick to the activity most helpful to their "top concern".

If people don't have a particularly specific concrete "top concern", by default, people's subconsciousness will take "making themselves feel leisurely good" as their "top concern".

Take an example, Sam Hunter, although I have difficulty to fully fathom what you mean, but let me guess, what you mean is:

People don't need to worry about "any dark and undesirable truth", because if people are going to be sent into oblivion by some "dark truth", then people won't be able to have a worrying feeling after that happens, in other cases, if people are not going to be sent into oblivion by some "dark truth", then people will have all the freedom to design and alter their experiences to their appetites, no need to worry about the possibility of being stranded in a dark horrific situation.

Why you think this way, and why I don't like to adopt this way of thinking? The reason is: we have different "top concerns":

1, My top concern is seeking for the truth. When I get your idea of thinking in this way or that way, my subconsciousness keeps calculating, whether it is effective for approaching the truth? The result of calculation is: it is completely irrelevant to the truth and is a waste of time by thinking in this way or in that way. You can't find out whether near death experiencers really went to another world or not, by thinking that you can manage and harness your own experiences. Immersing oneself's own mind into the "thought trick" finesse in order to feel good doesn't help you find beings from some other side. You won't be able to speak to real higher beings or deceased ones by thinking in this way or in that way, unless you are satisfied by speaking to some illusions and deceiving yourself to deem them as higher beings or deceased ones. Delusions and illusions always give us low amount of and illogical worthless information, thus hinder our seeking for truth rather than providing any assistance.

2, Your top concern is obviously not seeking for the truth, you have a low desire and low urgency to face to the truth. Perhaps you don't have any particularly specific concern which demands urgent measures to stick to, so by default, "finding a way of thinking to make yourself feel good" is your "top concern". When you encounter any undesirable thought, any uncomfortable possibility, any unfriendly word, like "dark truth", your subconsciousness keeps calculating and finding what way of thinking is effective to make you feel good and good at casting away the bad feelings brought by words like "dark truth", in other words, your ways of thinking, your "thought trick" finesse serve very well for your top concern, and on the opposite side, stance of facing to the truth hinders your top concern, makes you feel uncomfortable. So you choose despite to the truth and focus on adjusting your point of view, coxing perspective of thinking, inventing fancy "thought trick" finesse.

Both of us - you and me - not only subconsciously calculating which path to best approach our respective "top concern", but also each of us is calculating other paths which more or less disturb, hamper, and hinder the goal of approaching our respective "top concern", and we discard and spit on those other paths according to our calculations. We hate each other's "top concern" and each other's efforts for it.

I wish the above analysis won't hurt our friendship and I mean no offense to you Sam Hunter, again, no matter how ugly it sounds, it is the truth which no one can deny or perfectly escape from.

I personally choose to stick to the truth and it is my "top concern", this doesn't mean I suggest you do so or I dislike you if you won't agree. I'm very glad you can find any method to make yourself feel good and I hold best wishes to you.

But, perhaps it will sound odd and make what I said previously seem pretense, that simultaneously I also sincerely hate your top concern(I don't mean "you" but "your top concern"), I hate focusing on feeling good just by several finesse of thinking in this way or that way, because they are waste of time and hinder the process of seeking for the truth. I can't understand at some situations like believing oneself has entered another world, why anyone doesn't have an urgent burning eagerness to find some higher beings or deceased ones who might know something about why we were sent to earth for living such a short suffering life of different fates. In my mind, doing all things just purely for making oneself's heart feel good by inventing and using some "thought trick" finesse of thinking in this way or in that way, is always totally meaningless and silly. I can't understand the people who take those in a higher priority than seeking for the truth. I can't understand some type of people's top concern.

If people really care about the truth, they won't have time saying meaningless words like unconditional love, nor will they invent thinking in this or that way to make people feel good. No matter how you immerse yourself in your own way of thinking, truth is still that truth anyway.

If people really care about the truth, they will have absolutely no time, except for finding beings in the other side and have really meaningful conversations with them, including asking meaningful questions for better understanding what's going on in the other side and what the beings are doing in there.

Frauds and people who addict in lying to themselves, are also the types of not caring about the truth, because people who really care about the truth, don't have time or mood to deceive anyone.

Take an example, Sam Hunter, although I have difficulty to fully fathom what you mean, but let me guess, what you mean is:

People don't need to worry about "any dark and undesirable truth", because if people are going to be sent into oblivion by some "dark truth", then people won't be able to have a worrying feeling after that happens, in other cases, if people are not going to be sent into oblivion by some "dark truth", then people will have all the freedom to design and alter their experiences to their appetites, no need to worry about the possibility of being stranded in a dark horrific situation.

That which you wrote (and I just quoted) demonstrates what I attempted to communicate was not understood.

It's funny, tarantulanebula, as you seem to suggest I don't know the truth, though I never claimed to know "the truth." I only suggested an exercise which, if emulated, could lead one to the establishment of an operational protocol whereby one might find out whether "that which is acceptable to them" is truthful for them.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the way the reality works might be different for each conscious agent? If that were true, then guess what? That might very well be the only truth! But guess what also... if that is true, I could never "know it" because I can only experience the reality I have created and no one else's and I make odds high that would be the case for each of us.

Quite a paradox, no?

Should I point out your many contradictions? I only will if you ask me to.

Hello, sorry, Sam Hunter, you are very patient and kind. You are like teaching a pupil quantum physics but this pupil that is me is being impolite to you.

Sorry some clever modern pupils do understand quantum physics. So it's not surprising. I should analog me like a toddler.

OK, stop joking. I know people's own mind can alter and shape the reality of their own, but the difference would be very limited and trivial.

Reality is about information, you can generate very little infomation, most information is imported to you by the objective world.

You can't talk to any higher beings or deceased ones while there is no one beyond or in another world. Your ways of thinking is useless unless you deceive yourself. Truth is truth, buddy, I apologize if I said anything offending but truth is truth.

Wow.
tarantulanebula I am impressed with all you wrote (a lot).
One thing sticks out. You said "...we were sent to earth..." and followed that with "...for living such a short suffering life of different fates."
Do you have proof of that?

Wow.
One thing sticks out. You said "...we were sent to earth..." and followed that with "...for living such a short suffering life of different fates."
...I mean proof of the sending.
Sending implies other intended (not self intended).

Hey, this might be the point of your contention. Who's controling you?

Hi, Sam Hunter, I don't disagree with you, I think what you said are all right, the thought exercise is useful sometimes, it is somehow useful to make people feel better at limited occasions. But it is no use for seeking for the truth.

You and me have different "top concern", our highest priority of our interests are not in the same channel, we are focusing on different domains.

And I do not understand why some people put "trying to feel good" in such a kind of high priority. Like near death experiencers, all they do, all they say, all they think, are for feeling good, they try to feel good by using meaningless thought exercise like "unconditional love", "realer than real", etc. I don't see any worth in this. It is irrelevant to the truth and a waste of time. If it is like what near death experiencers said, namely they really entered into a world beyond our physical one, why they never put further investigation in a higher priority? If they really care about truth, they shouldn't waste all their time, all their efforts in repeating meaningless words like "unconditional love", "realer than real", "there is no time in the other side", etc. They should be all in their earnest, all their haste, all their eagerness to find some places in the other side where they can find some beings and to ask them questions, to talk meaningful matters with them.

I always consider this possibility that near death experiencers are not saying truth, nor do they lie, they just invented some songs to sing to cure their diseases, to recover from injuries, to soothe traumas. What they said are all lyrics, like sapphire moon, lying or prostrating on the sapphire moon, marmalade stars, bathe in the marmalade stars, ruby sun, riding on the ruby sun, surfing in the ruby sun, the words are just a kind of literary rhetorics and carry not the superficial meaning as we normally use them in some serious truthful occasions. But there are still problems in this explanation:

First, I don't see those "lyrics" can bring any soothing effect, I just sense they are silly and meaningless. Repeatedly saying "unconditional love", "realer than real", etc without providing further information is not even as imaginative or romantic as the dullest stereotypical poem.

Second, it is blasphemy to the truth if people say something without being loyally respectful to the words' usual meanings, speaking words in a confusing way without extra explanations can mislead the audiences.

Third, fully immersing oneself into this kind of mind delusion, will cause troubles of people's logical judgment in many affairs in real life, and potentially bring more unexpected and unforeseeable problems than the "thought exercise" can solve and quench.

Sam Hunter, if you've never spoken to me, your good mood wouldn't be affected. You think the way which can balance your mood and help you lead a happy and worrying free life without the need to speak to a pig hog boar swine like me.

So why you deigned to talk to me, who is a pig hog boar swine? (By the way, people who recognize me in this forum may have seen I called myself pig hog boar swine many times, why? Why I don't call myself swine hog boar or boar hog pig or simply swine pig? Because I always keep memorizing and reciting English words and putting those with similar meanings correlated together is helpful for memorizing. As to the order I recite the words I currently know of relating to pigs, I don't know myself why I order them pig hog boar swine, maybe I randomized.)

I know why, your purpose is to kindly help me. You saw me was stranded in a thought of considering some dark possibilities of truth, you wished to provide help to me, you shared your experiences of chasing away bad imaginations and tried to make me feel better.

You were very kind and holding a friendly purpose.

But what have I done? I was being impolite to you, saying not nice words.

Any apology would be too weak to save me from that I owe you a debt.

But I want you, I want everyone, to know the reasons behind my misdemeanors, the reason is about truth, is about "I'm seeking for the truth", is that "truth is my top concern, always".

Seeking for truth drives people mad, because the truth is itself crazy, and dark.

And I don't think being deluded is a bless or felicity.

Outside the scope of the influences by "seeking for the truth", I'm not a person who doesn't have a sense of politeness, conscience, etc. But truth itself and "seeking for the truth" are so mean, so cruel, so parsimonious, so intolerant, so unmerciful, that they don't allow any concern for anything else. You need to abandon any other concern like trying to feel good, when you try to stick to facing the truth, even if the truth will turn out to be very undesirable. If truth seems undesirable? I'm afraid I find it is. My whole posts of my opinions are more or less for explaining why, why I find the truth seems undesirable, and dark.

I'm sorry Sam Hunter, wish my words don't irritate you. Despite our different ways of thinking and different opinions, I wish our friendliness won't be compromised. Remember I'm trying to seek for the truth, it's the only meaningful top concern.

Wow.
Hi, Christopher of Thailand I'm very willing to answer your questions and share my opinions with you. It will be my pleasure to talk to you.

I don't know whether you are interested in this, if so, I'm very happy to see there are other people like me who really care about the truth and are willing to talk about the truth, seeking for the truth - even if it turns out to seem dark.

Perhaps you are just sneering at me, hey, if so, I won't mind. I'm a pig hog boar swine. I've explained the reasons why I won't mind for anyone who will dislike me or my way of thinking: because feeling agitated by the other's loathing won't hinder my top concern - seeking for the truth, nor will it be helpful, so I ignore it.

I haven't said all I want to say, because that would take too long a time, can't finish in a single day, my work is busy like slave.

I just have posted my opinions like a Chapter 1 of a science fiction novel.

Today not much time left for me to answer your question as best as I can, I will firstly say something quickly.

Have you known and read the story of "Alien Interview" by Lawrence Spencer? And many sporadically scattering information from some other people, relevant to lizard men, the war between "The Domain" and "The Old Empires", greys, etc.

I'm not suggesting I "know" something, I'm ignorant, I'm just analyzing, analyzing the lies flying all over the sky.

I don't believe those stories. But if both they, and the "unconditional love" stories of near death experiences literary are all lies, then the former is an expensive lie, while the latter is a cheap one, which means the former costs much more imagination power to be forged than the latter.

Also, some near death experiences posted in places like nderf, conform to what "Alien Interview" said in some way.

It is definitely a candidate of the possibility behind the truth, I'm going to put it into my Chapter 2 of my series of posts, even if you hadn't posted your inquiry.

I'm afraid I'm going to be fired in one or several months in the future even if I do so many overtime works, I really dislike being a software programmer, it's like being a machine and I do not have the intelligence or an interest for writing codes to realize handling those business detail logics, but it is the only job giving me a relatively decent salary.

No time left tonight, later. Don't feel offended by what I say OK? Anyone, remember I - a pig hog boar swine - is only for seeking for the truth.

If people really care about the truth, they won't have time saying meaningless words like unconditional love, nor will they invent thinking in this or that way to make people feel good. No matter how you immerse yourself in your own way of thinking, truth is still that truth anyway.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Clearly whatever people glimpse during an NDE, they find it extremely hard to express in words.

Most NDE's are relatively brief and there is no time to explore the 'structure' of the beyond. However, there is at least some evidence from hypnotic regression studies that do describe a structure. However, I do admit that the ultimate purpose of life is left extremely obscure.
If people really care about the truth, they will have absolutely no time, except for finding beings in the other side and have really meaningful conversations with them, including asking meaningful questions for better understanding what's going on in the other side and what the beings are doing in there.
I don't think it makes sense to talk of "top concern" as you do. I mean people here have two top concerns (at least) - getting at the truth, and discovering what if anything happens after death.

Those two 'top concerns' are interwoven - you can't pick one without ending up with nonsense.

Finally, although your English is good, it does rather let you down in that it often seems to obscure your exact meaning. My partner does some translations (not into Chinese!) and although she is fluent in two languages, she still finds it useful to use GOOGLE translate to obtain a rough draft of what she wants to obtain. Therefore it might help to write what you want to say in Chinese first, then use GT, then use the output from that to help you assemble the final version that you paste here. That sounds tedious, I know, but I think it might help.

I suppose I also feel that good and evil aren't really opposites. One way to see this, is that it is possible to conceive of something that is purely good, but I don't think it is possible to conceive of something that is totally evil. I mean, people working in the evil organisation, must at least feel they are cooperating to achieve something.

David

Back