David Brody, Romans in America, Beyond Pre-Columbian Silliness |493|

Just a short note regarding general overlay of ideas that take over intellectuals.
I have been at sea since 1985 and have been very lucky in that I have been to a few places largely untouched
by human hand. The abundance of fish and birds (food) that are there in these places indicate how the oceans were before
large scale looting. You can only therefore draw the conclusion that Oceans weren't a barrier as intellectuals use
to come up with their human migratory theories but a highway for travel.

In this interview you could almost hear Alex grinding his teeth every time Brody talked about Jesus existing. :)

I was raised by Atheist parents, was a Hard-Kore F.U. New Atheist in my 30's, and didn't even consider becoming a Christian until after reaching middle age.

People like Alex and Atwill who were raised in a very Formal flavor of Christianity like Catholicism and Greek Orthodoxy often develop a hatred of Christianity that is difficult for people like me to understand.

In the Bible Belt where I live in Texas, Christianity is a totally Free Market, Do-Your-Own-Thing enterprise full of wild iterations that are diverse, colorful, and sometimes crazy. The only theology that matters is whether you can pay the rent on the dilapidated strip mall space you rented to create your unique Church.

In this interview you could almost hear Alex grinding his teeth every time Brody talked about Jesus existing. :)

I was raised by Atheist parents, was a Hard-Kore F.U. New Atheist in my 30's, and didn't even consider becoming a Christian until after reaching middle age.

People like Alex and Atwill who were raised in a very Formal flavor of Christianity like Catholicism and Greek Orthodoxy often develop a hatred of Christianity that is difficult for people like me to understand.

In the Bible Belt where I live in Texas, Christianity is a totally Free Market, Do-Your-Own-Thing enterprise full of wild iterations that are diverse, colorful, and sometimes crazy. The only theology that matters is whether you can pay the rent on the dilapidated strip mall space you rented to create your unique Church.
Iaaa! Don't I know what ye r talking aboot! I grew up in Abilene, TX., a church on every corner & an AA meeting place in between. There was this tiny shack that had this tremendous sign on it: The Church of The Living Water. What all the free market stuff led to was this class type of thing: the big denominations, like the Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc all looked down on the tiny places. Luckily, there were & are alternative centers for sanity such as the Unitarian/Universalist Churches & Unity Church of Christianity which in Fort Worth, TX at least has dropped the Christianity part b/c they are so eclectic.

It is always the amateurs in archeology, who bring things forward.
Before 1993 it was not believed that the Romans were factually ruling Germania for a short time.
Then this one was found: http://www.waldgirmes.de
It was a big building site of what was meant to become a major city on the right side of the Rhine river in the middle of Germania.
So history needed to be rewritten in part.
Even the battle side of the first major loss of the Roman Empire (Battle of Teuteburg-Forest) was located by amateurs on a different place than scholars thought.
https://www.kalkriese-varusschlacht.de/en/
So in the end Varus was not stupid coming to rule Germania. This a´was a common theme before 1990.
He thought it to be friendly territory and suffered a major defeat.

Just ordered the Romerica book, sounds pretty interesting.
I love those stories.

this is a really big one... even though it might not seem like one right now :)
What this reminds me of is the old story that J.C. survived the crucifixion b/c he was drugged to appear dead. Once his inner circle got him out of the tomb, he escaped to Japan where he lived out his life, which I have had heard has a fair number of followers who support this idea.
What is most exciting about this is it supports the archeology that builds a case that humankind once had, not all that long ago, a world-wide, well-developed trade & cultural system. The evidence is the recurring themes around the world found in sculpture, paintings, engravings, symbolism, sacred readings & teachings, & so on. What the early Christian Church did was try to bury all that w/ their putrid need for control & domination: they took Pan, a very popular god of fertility & turned him into the Devil, a tempter & enslaver. The book When God was a Woman makes a great case that northern tribes descended on their southern neighbors & forced their male-dominated religions on them. Along w/ that whole process was the suppression of mid-wifery, herbal medicine, shamanic healing, etc. which we are only beginning to fully recover from today. Look at the
Iaaa! Don't I know what ye r talking aboot! I grew up in Abilene, TX., a church on every corner & an AA meeting place in between. There was this tiny shack that had this tremendous sign on it: The Church of The Living Water. What all the free market stuff led to was this class type of thing: the big denominations, like the Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc all looked down on the tiny places. Luckily, there were & are alternative centers for sanity such as the Unitarian/Universalist Churches & Unity Church of Christianity which in Fort Worth, TX at least has dropped the Christianity part b/c they are so eclectic.

I found a favorite of mine finally online. You can borrow it for 14 days & can renew. It's called When God Was A Woman by Merlin Stone. It does a devastatingly good job of exposing the misogyny that led up to the establishment of the catholic church.
https://archive.org/details/whengodwaswoman00stonrich/page/n21/mode/2up

What all the free market stuff led to was this class type of thing: the big denominations, like the Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc all looked down on the tiny places.
Same here in Houston where I live. It is amusing and fun.

The rich real estate developers and corporate types attend the big Baptist mega-churches. Poor people tend to find their home in the little quirky ones.

The rich real estate developers and corporate types attend the big Baptist mega-churches. Poor people tend to find their home in the little quirky ones.
For God only knows how many generations my ancestors were Roman Catholic. Maybe they were too busy farming to ever question their branch of Christianity. But I had time for research and concluded I could no longer be part of that large controlling establishment after reading what Jesus said at Matthew 23:9: "Call ye no man on Earth, "Father." Ye have only one Father and He is in Heaven." I considered the consequences of this disobedience to Jesus combined with that darned confessional Jesus never asked for... I attend a tiny United church now. Our minister is openly gay, so in that respect no hypocrisy there either.

What this reminds me of is the old story that J.C. survived the crucifixion b/c he was drugged to appear dead. Once his inner circle got him out of the tomb, he escaped to Japan where he lived out his life, which I have had heard has a fair number of followers who support this idea.
What is most exciting about this is it supports the archeology that builds a case that humankind once had, not all that long ago, a world-wide, well-developed trade & cultural system. The evidence is the recurring themes around the world found in sculpture, paintings, engravings, symbolism, sacred readings & teachings, & so on. What the early Christian Church did was try to bury all that w/ their putrid need for control & domination: they took Pan, a very popular god of fertility & turned him into the Devil, a tempter & enslaver. The book When God was a Woman makes a great case that northern tribes descended on their southern neighbors & forced their male-dominated religions on them. Along w/ that whole process was the suppression of mid-wifery, herbal medicine, shamanic healing, etc. which we are only beginning to fully recover from today. Look at the

I found a favorite of mine finally online. You can borrow it for 14 days & can renew. It's called When God Was A Woman by Merlin Stone. It does a devastatingly good job of exposing the misogyny that led up to the establishment of the catholic church.
https://archive.org/details/whengodwaswoman00stonrich/page/n21/mode/2up
I would say as a mystical Catholic type , Vatican one which is magical system all to itself, that most Catholics love the faith just not the Vatican. The only versions of Christianity that are original and the real deal. are ! Jews for Jesus would be first, Catholic Eastern Orthodox, same thing really and Lutheran; that's it the rest are just a false step child of the mentioned.

For God only knows how many generations my ancestors were Roman Catholic. Maybe they were too busy farming to ever question their branch of Christianity.
Catholicism was not the monolithic entity people today think it was.

For almost 2,000 years Farmers all over the Roman Catholic Empire melded Roman Christianity with their own local Shamanic traditions to create new flavors of Christianity better suited to their local needs.

Example, the Vikings who came to Minnesota in the 12th century had their own esoteric form of Christianity based on the Templar heresy.

Scott Wolter talks about this in his "Hooked X" series of books and shows on the History channel...

https://www.youtube.com/c/HISTORY/search?query=unearthed

Wolter goes into excruciating detail about this during his recent interviews with Skeptiko forum member Al Borealis here which I highly recommend... https://www.forumborealis.net/podcast

Last edited:
That is correct, Christianity was merged with local magic back then. Just look at Vatican one Catholicism . Most born again or American Baptists etc . don't want to hear that but its fact. As a matter of fact, anytime you practice your theology , that's a form of magical practices .