David Brody, Romans in America, Beyond Pre-Columbian Silliness |493|

Alex

Administrator
David Brody, Romans in America, Beyond Pre-Columbian Silliness |493|
by Alex Tsakiris | Mar 23 | Skepticism
Tweet

David Brody looks at the substantial archeological evidence of 2nd century Romans in America.
skeptiko-493-david-brody-5-1-300x300.jpg

Just a short note regarding general overlay of ideas that take over intellectuals.
I have been at sea since 1985 and have been very lucky in that I have been to a few places largely untouched
by human hand. The abundance of fish and birds (food) that are there in these places indicate how the oceans were before
large scale looting. You can only therefore draw the conclusion that Oceans weren't a barrier as intellectuals use
to come up with their human migratory theories but a highway for travel.

this is a really big one... even though it might not seem like one right now :)
Please give us an outline of what you are talking about! I haven't listened yet, but for those of us who aren't Americans, it sounds plausible, but not 'really big' news.

David

In this interview you could almost hear Alex grinding his teeth every time Brody talked about Jesus existing. :)

I was raised by Atheist parents, was a Hard-Kore F.U. New Atheist in my 30's, and didn't even consider becoming a Christian until after reaching middle age.

People like Alex and Atwill who were raised in a very Formal flavor of Christianity like Catholicism and Greek Orthodoxy often develop a hatred of Christianity that is difficult for people like me to understand.

In the Bible Belt where I live in Texas, Christianity is a totally Free Market, Do-Your-Own-Thing enterprise full of wild iterations that are diverse, colorful, and sometimes crazy. The only theology that matters is whether you can pay the rent on the dilapidated strip mall space you rented to create your unique Church.

Reactions: Kim
In this interview you could almost hear Alex grinding his teeth every time Brody talked about Jesus existing. :)

I was raised by Atheist parents, was a Hard-Kore F.U. New Atheist in my 30's, and didn't even consider becoming a Christian until after reaching middle age.

People like Alex and Atwill who were raised in a very Formal flavor of Christianity like Catholicism and Greek Orthodoxy often develop a hatred of Christianity that is difficult for people like me to understand.

In the Bible Belt where I live in Texas, Christianity is a totally Free Market, Do-Your-Own-Thing enterprise full of wild iterations that are diverse, colorful, and sometimes crazy. The only theology that matters is whether you can pay the rent on the dilapidated strip mall space you rented to create your unique Church.
Iaaa! Don't I know what ye r talking aboot! I grew up in Abilene, TX., a church on every corner & an AA meeting place in between. There was this tiny shack that had this tremendous sign on it: The Church of The Living Water. What all the free market stuff led to was this class type of thing: the big denominations, like the Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc all looked down on the tiny places. Luckily, there were & are alternative centers for sanity such as the Unitarian/Universalist Churches & Unity Church of Christianity which in Fort Worth, TX at least has dropped the Christianity part b/c they are so eclectic.

It is always the amateurs in archeology, who bring things forward.
Before 1993 it was not believed that the Romans were factually ruling Germania for a short time.
Then this one was found: http://www.waldgirmes.de
It was a big building site of what was meant to become a major city on the right side of the Rhine river in the middle of Germania.
So history needed to be rewritten in part.
Even the battle side of the first major loss of the Roman Empire (Battle of Teuteburg-Forest) was located by amateurs on a different place than scholars thought.
https://www.kalkriese-varusschlacht.de/en/
So in the end Varus was not stupid coming to rule Germania. This a´was a common theme before 1990.
He thought it to be friendly territory and suffered a major defeat.

Just ordered the Romerica book, sounds pretty interesting.
I love those stories.

this is a really big one... even though it might not seem like one right now :)
What this reminds me of is the old story that J.C. survived the crucifixion b/c he was drugged to appear dead. Once his inner circle got him out of the tomb, he escaped to Japan where he lived out his life, which I have had heard has a fair number of followers who support this idea.
What is most exciting about this is it supports the archeology that builds a case that humankind once had, not all that long ago, a world-wide, well-developed trade & cultural system. The evidence is the recurring themes around the world found in sculpture, paintings, engravings, symbolism, sacred readings & teachings, & so on. What the early Christian Church did was try to bury all that w/ their putrid need for control & domination: they took Pan, a very popular god of fertility & turned him into the Devil, a tempter & enslaver. The book When God was a Woman makes a great case that northern tribes descended on their southern neighbors & forced their male-dominated religions on them. Along w/ that whole process was the suppression of mid-wifery, herbal medicine, shamanic healing, etc. which we are only beginning to fully recover from today. Look at the
Iaaa! Don't I know what ye r talking aboot! I grew up in Abilene, TX., a church on every corner & an AA meeting place in between. There was this tiny shack that had this tremendous sign on it: The Church of The Living Water. What all the free market stuff led to was this class type of thing: the big denominations, like the Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc all looked down on the tiny places. Luckily, there were & are alternative centers for sanity such as the Unitarian/Universalist Churches & Unity Church of Christianity which in Fort Worth, TX at least has dropped the Christianity part b/c they are so eclectic.

I found a favorite of mine finally online. You can borrow it for 14 days & can renew. It's called When God Was A Woman by Merlin Stone. It does a devastatingly good job of exposing the misogyny that led up to the establishment of the catholic church.
https://archive.org/details/whengodwaswoman00stonrich/page/n21/mode/2up

What all the free market stuff led to was this class type of thing: the big denominations, like the Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc all looked down on the tiny places.

Same here in Houston where I live. It is amusing and fun.

The rich real estate developers and corporate types attend the big Baptist mega-churches. Poor people tend to find their home in the little quirky ones.

The rich real estate developers and corporate types attend the big Baptist mega-churches. Poor people tend to find their home in the little quirky ones.
For God only knows how many generations my ancestors were Roman Catholic. Maybe they were too busy farming to ever question their branch of Christianity. But I had time for research and concluded I could no longer be part of that large controlling establishment after reading what Jesus said at Matthew 23:9: "Call ye no man on Earth, "Father." Ye have only one Father and He is in Heaven." I considered the consequences of this disobedience to Jesus combined with that darned confessional Jesus never asked for... I attend a tiny United church now. Our minister is openly gay, so in that respect no hypocrisy there either.

No there were no Romans in America, only native Americans for a long time, and yes Jesus did exist! end of this yawning story

What this reminds me of is the old story that J.C. survived the crucifixion b/c he was drugged to appear dead. Once his inner circle got him out of the tomb, he escaped to Japan where he lived out his life, which I have had heard has a fair number of followers who support this idea.
What is most exciting about this is it supports the archeology that builds a case that humankind once had, not all that long ago, a world-wide, well-developed trade & cultural system. The evidence is the recurring themes around the world found in sculpture, paintings, engravings, symbolism, sacred readings & teachings, & so on. What the early Christian Church did was try to bury all that w/ their putrid need for control & domination: they took Pan, a very popular god of fertility & turned him into the Devil, a tempter & enslaver. The book When God was a Woman makes a great case that northern tribes descended on their southern neighbors & forced their male-dominated religions on them. Along w/ that whole process was the suppression of mid-wifery, herbal medicine, shamanic healing, etc. which we are only beginning to fully recover from today. Look at the

I found a favorite of mine finally online. You can borrow it for 14 days & can renew. It's called When God Was A Woman by Merlin Stone. It does a devastatingly good job of exposing the misogyny that led up to the establishment of the catholic church.
https://archive.org/details/whengodwaswoman00stonrich/page/n21/mode/2up

I would say as a mystical Catholic type , Vatican one which is magical system all to itself, that most Catholics love the faith just not the Vatican. The only versions of Christianity that are original and the real deal. are ! Jews for Jesus would be first, Catholic Eastern Orthodox, same thing really and Lutheran; that's it the rest are just a false step child of the mentioned.

For God only knows how many generations my ancestors were Roman Catholic. Maybe they were too busy farming to ever question their branch of Christianity.

Catholicism was not the monolithic entity people today think it was.

For almost 2,000 years Farmers all over the Roman Catholic Empire melded Roman Christianity with their own local Shamanic traditions to create new flavors of Christianity better suited to their local needs.

Example, the Vikings who came to Minnesota in the 12th century had their own esoteric form of Christianity based on the Templar heresy.

Scott Wolter talks about this in his "Hooked X" series of books and shows on the History channel...

https://www.youtube.com/c/HISTORY/search?query=unearthed

Wolter goes into excruciating detail about this during his recent interviews with Skeptiko forum member Al Borealis here which I highly recommend... https://www.forumborealis.net/podcast

Last edited:
That is correct, Christianity was merged with local magic back then. Just look at Vatican one Catholicism . Most born again or American Baptists etc . don't want to hear that but its fact. As a matter of fact, anytime you practice your theology , that's a form of magical practices .

Why do the “cultural engineers” censor history? Ummmmm... because they want the population dumb, confused, and easy to control. But this assumes that we even want to participate in their culture... which is another agenda into which they attempt to strap us mentally — and are failing miserably. Whether it’s exploring alternative theories like Roman coins in the United States... Egyptian ruins in the Grand Canyon... DUMs, alien bases, 911, ESP, psychedelics, and common things like love and communication — there is a large subculture emerging... driven by information... that is fully aware of the LIES... and is not going along with the bullshit narrative. Hence covid... hence this last gasp attempt to bring the Will of strong, intelligent humans to heel. We are witnessing the re-emergence of the biblical holy war between good and evil in the end of days... and I am far from Christian. What else could it be ?? The culmination of history... the full polarization of man and machine... good and evil

Why do the “cultural engineers” censor history? Ummmmm... because they want the population dumb, confused, and easy to control.
totally get what you're saying. totally agree. let me play contrarian. most people not only can't handle the truth, but don't deserve the truth... willful ignorance among useful idiots and flat-earth-style uber-empiricists.

but maybe we're wrong to think that this is something new.

and, from a spiritual perspective, maybe we were wrong to think that anything other than compassion for both those we resist against as well as those we're trying to wake makes any sense.

=====

Cause' we are not afraid of who we are (great spiritual beings w/ limitless compassion)
But of what we have become (wounded, fearful, blocked)

Little May - Boardwalks (Official Video) - YouTube

Thank goodness the stones speak for themselves.
Methinks Christianity was originally more in tune with nature, until the good old Catholic STURCH came rampaging through and attempted to rule over all. Even taking the place of the divine feminine and besmirching the female power.
Templars fled the STURCH when it was discovered they revered such and found Brotherhood with other branches of religion. Here, there, and everywhere.
Old stones, barrows, etcetera found all over North America, even the "natives" (survivors) had no connection to older sites or languages. Like all over the planet.
Even the last couple hundred years history has been so heavily doctored, that most have no clue. The old architecture of major cities parallels that on other continents, had a technology and building technique contemporaries couldn't even understand.
Mostly destroyed by now, but some of it still lingers...

agreed. What's your best go-to source for this?
Sadly, it's questions over answers. Fringe and "conspiracy theorists"...
It used to be the discussions with certain individuals on stolenhistory.org before it crashed and was hijacked last year. One of the less open-minded members started stolenhistory.net in the interim before it started up, but heavily mediated and censored people, so I never got involved.
The same stuff was originally inspired by New Earth and Flat Earth British channels on YT, but they were really out there in speculation. Uninformed. So "mud flood" (poor label, reminds me of "mudbloods" in HP) and "Tartaria" (really Tataria, a blanket term like "Moors" by Europeans) took the spotlight.
That stuff spawned Michelle Gibson (who digs up a lot, but still reaches a bit too much), Jon Levi (who reaches a LOT), Wooden Nickels (who pulled back a bit in his reaching, but has a pretty wild sense of humor), Conspiracy-R-Us (a bit more balanced, great scholarship like MG), and Auto-Didactic (who digs through lots of old books online, but reaches a bit too much).
They all have different angles and scholarship, spend a lot more time online digging through shit than I do, so I mostly appreciate the photos or old documents. A few I can turn down the volume and not have to listen the whole time.
MOSTLY, all of these people have exposed that there IS stuff missing from the narrative, I have my own ideas.
Also like Peter Moon and Sky Books for a good mix of "truth" and "fiction".
My idea? An f'd up system that desperately tries to maintain control through cataclysms, upheavals, etcetera, and if everyone knew the truth of this perpetuated enslavement and how it could all go away in a moment, they wouldn't want to be bitches and pump for the man anymore.
Pretty simple, actually.

Back