Diane Powell suggests she's got evidence of Telepathy

Max_B

Diane Powell suggests she's got the evidence for telepathy (quote from her newsletter today)...

" My research with savants is moving forward, and is likely to be talked about this year more than ever. On April 17th, Deepak Chopra, MD, and Paul Mills, PhD (his chief scientist) witnessed a controlled telepathy experiment I conducted with the boy I had previously tested last June. Random numbers and words were chosen by Deepak in advance, sealed in envelopes, and handed to the mother one at a time. She opened it and showed it to the camera recording the event. While she looked at it, her son typed what she was seeing. We had hired a professional video team to film it, so there were a total of six people in the room who hadn't personally seen an autistic savant in action before. They were all "astonished" at his accuracy and speed. Deepak was so excited he forgot all of his belongings when he left. "

Jeez, I had forgotten what a tour de force of analysis that last thread had turned into...

I'm trying to be open minded, but I a little concerned by the sensational language ("all astonished", "so excited") etc used in Diane's post. This is the same language we got about the feedback from viewers of the previous experiments video, when it was shown at that paranormal conference.

Lol....i don't hate or even dislike Chopra, just feel he jumps the gun....often

There were obvious methodological issues with the initial tests, but Diane was clear that she was aware of them. The onslaught that followed was probably undeserved for a preliminary test. Since then, she had three years to work on these issues, let's see if she can live up to the hype.

The thing about Chopra is that he may not be everyone's favourite guru but he does draw attention to the work of other people. If he's involved it seems to get reported, whether the report is cynical or not. So I'm guessing that someone like Diane would be happy to include him for the same reason she is happy to come and talk to Skeptiko: it gets exposure for her work. Chopra also has a lot of contacts across the spectrum. I've read that he and Shermer are good friends despite being at opposite ends of that spectrum.

As for Diane Powell's work, I too had misgivings about the way she set up her experiments first time around. I hope she has tightened up her procedures since then because I think the whole subject of autistic savants is fascinating.

I was told I am telepathic by a lady whom I studied with. Im also very empathic and can easily pick up on people's feelings and emotions. Added to that I can feel the quote on quote vibes, energy of different buildings.

Sorry on my phone but the reason I posted that was because i ad a child thought everyone felt that. It was something I thought was normal and every human experienced daily naturally like hearing or seeing etc. Makes me wonder if people feel anything at all

Sorry on my phone but the reason I posted that was because i ad a child thought everyone felt that. It was something I thought was normal and every human experienced daily naturally like hearing or seeing etc. Makes me wonder if people feel anything at all

I can relate to that. I am also really empathic (empathetic?), and I can surprise people with that from time to time when I can tell exactly what they are feeling. As a child I thought everyone was like that. Oh boy, did I get a rude awakening as I grew up! :)

Ok, why did Chopra had to get involved in this at all? It doesn't sound like a very complex experiment, in fact reminded me of Sheldrake's experiments with the psychic parrot -
(experiment begins after 3:30).

If a parrot can be psychic, everybody can be psychic.

I've a feeling that somewhere back in time he was involved in the funding of the project - others might have more details.

I sent a message to him and Sheldrake after hearing about her work on this show. Apparently after which she was contact by both.

Maybe (probably) it was something else but I like to think I will have a hand in direct demonstration of Psi if this pans out. ;)

Back