Did Dean Radin work on StarGate?

Steve

I've just started reading a new book called Surviving Death and the author 'Leslie Kean' makes this claim.

Does anyone know if it's true?

Edited the authors name from Dean to Kean.

Last edited:
------------------------------
UPDATE:
https://www.fourmilab.ch/rpkp/radin.html

Interview with Dean Radin of the Consciousness Research Laboratory

June 15th, 1996

Radin: I took a leave of absence from Bell Labs in 1985, and spent that entire year at SRI International, working with Hal Puthoff and Ed May.
------------------------------------

I've read a couple of Radin's books and several books about SRI and military remote viewing and based on what I have read I didn't think that Radin worked on StarGate. But see below and the following posts:

From Radin's blog
http://deanradin.blogspot.com/2008/10/stargate-presentation.html
I have a certain compassion for staunch skeptics today who find it impossible to believe that psi is real. I suspect that if I hadn't witnessed a portion of StarGate's history first hand, and if I hadn't worked with or known many of the individuals involved in that program, I'd be skeptical too.
I don't know what this means.

Can you post the exact quote from Surviving Death that suggests Radin did work on StarGate?

Last edited:
http://noetic.org/blog/dean-radin/dean-radin-human-experience
In this episode of the Human Experience Podcast, IONS’ chief scientist Dean Radin talks about the field of psi research. While early work focused on demonstrating if the effects of psychic phenomena are real, he now feels the evidence for the existence of extraordinary human capacities is solid and is currently investigating how psi works. He also details his induction into the US government’s formerly secret Stargate Program, and how he was “blown away” during his top secret briefing of highly classified examples of remote viewing.

I don't know what "induction" means.

Last edited:
I've read a couple of Radin's books and several books about SRI and military remote viewing and based on what I have read I would say that Radin did not work on StarGate.

Thanks Jim.

I didn't think that he had either. If true, that's disappointing , it brings into question the standard of her research. The introduction, by Dean herself also states:

"Believe it or not, after over a hundred years of research, and even though mainstream science may not accept it, this repeated documentation has established that these abilities are real."

Well, we all know that some of us are convinced that psi is real, or some of it, whatever real is, but it doesn't look like someone starting from a neutral viewpoint writing things like this in the intro?

My initial impressions aren't that hopeful. I admit, I may be too quick to judge. Each chapter is written by a different expert on different topics. We'll see.

Can you post the exact quote from Surviving Death that suggests Radin did work on StarGate?

"One exception to that is Dean Radin, perhaps the leading authority on the scientific study of psychic phenomena in relationship to consciousness. With a doctorate in educational psychology, he is Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences in Petaluma, California, and has held appointments at Princeton University. He also worked within a classified program now known as Star Gate, investigating psychic phenomena for the US government."

I'll try contacting him on Facebook, he's a 'friend' .

I've just started reading a new book called Surviving Death and the author 'Leslie Kean' makes this claim.

Does anyone know if it's true?

Edited the authors name from Dean to Kean.

Currently reading her book and I thought the same thing!

If it's wrong, I would not worry too much about Leslie and the accuracy of the rest of the book - she's got a pretty good reputation. It's probably an honest mistake and a rare occurrence, as far as I can tell.

She has an active FB page. May want to let her know either way. ;-)

If it's wrong, I would not worry too much about Leslie and the accuracy of the rest of the book - she's got a pretty good reputation. It's probably an honest mistake and a rare occurrence, as far as I can tell.

So far Dean Radin hasn't replied to my messenger on Facebook. I never really know how messenger works, if they see the message or not? Possibly not if they've used one of facebooks ways of cutting you off! :)

So far Dean Radin hasn't replied to my messenger on Facebook. I never really know how messenger works, if they see the message or not? Possibly not if they've used one of facebooks ways of cutting you off! :)

If they have messenger they should know, but a lot of people ignore FB, especially if they get flooded with stuff like Dean very well might.

Looks like Leslie replies to most people who write directly on her page. I'd be surprised if she didn't respond back when it comes to comments on accuracy or her new book. Dean doesn't seem as active, but hopefully he'll get back you eventually. Could always try one of his IONs colleagues too.

If they have messenger they should know, but a lot of people ignore FB, especially if they get flooded with stuff like Dean very well might.

Looks like Leslie replies to most people who write directly on her page. I'd be surprised if she didn't respond back when it comes to comments on accuracy or her new book. Dean doesn't seem as active, but hopefully he'll get back you eventually. Could always try one of his IONs colleagues too.

He replied quite quickly to something I asked him about one of Robert Kuhn's comments on 'Closer to Truth', ( on messenger) but I'm sure you're right.

I'll have a look at asking Leslie direct. Just a couple of paragraphs put me off reading further, not sure why that should be. So far, for me, the best book by a skeptic turned believer is the one by Patricia Pearson titled Opening Heavens Door. She came across as a no bull type, for me anyhow. I'm terrible for buying books but not reading them, or buying books beyond my technical know-how. The latest of which is by Dr Douglas Axe, the ID proponent. I haven't even opened it yet! I wish that I could put them all under my pillow and when I woke up, I not only could remember the words, but totally understood every nuance of their meaning.

Maybe I can do that, but I have to wait until I die first! ;)

Back