Do NDE's Really Demonstrate Survival?

I find your statement illogical and tautological. You dismiss evidence that an NDE (and maybe an OBE) offers evidence of an actual experience of mentation, while the brain was not functioning, because if an experience was had -- it means that they still had functioning neural activity. This goes right around in a circle protected by a belief that physical function is all there is.

I offer that -- physical functioning supports a developed sensation of understanding, which happen at a separate generative level than the 5 senses. It is where the processes are informational and the activity is with information objects.

Medium is a loaded term. Mediums appear in many cases to be presenting trickery. However, in some more rare cases, mediums report factual information. What the second category of mediums do -- is employ second sight as a process. So, I was hoping to take the conversation from loaded words to measurable processes.

The thing a "medium" does in the non-trickery case is to have a viewing at the level of the mind's eye, hence second sight. You simply dismiss my clear and simple stance of what is second sight. Second sight is not mystical - it is normal "understanding of abstraction" functioning better than normal.

Einstein visualizing the relative nature of the speed of light is no different than a medium finding an 11 year old's body from a vision. Both "saw" and understood an information object in their conscious environment, imho

You're just making up, what you think I said... Rather that what I actually said.

What I said was quite clear, if people don't suffer from brain damage after resuscitation, then it's obvious their brain cells had sufficient energy to avoid damage...

All the rest of the stuff your talking about has nothing to do with what I said... Lol

I don't think the NDE provides me with evidence for (or against) an afterlife, NDE experients have not actually died - the ability to recall an experience shows there was always sufficient energy available to cells to avoid serious brain damage.

Some NDEs are still evidence for the afterlife although NDErs have not died.

Haunting type apparitions appear to show temporal processing (over time) tied to spatial patterns in the present. Crisis type apparitions seem to somewhat reverse that process - for a short period of time they seem to be experienced in different locations. That some apparitions are seen of people still alive suggests these types of phenomena can originate from places other than an afterlife, and are more complex than any naive 'spirit' explanation.

That there are apparitions of living do not exclude that some of the apparitions of deceased are evidence of afterlife.

Mediumship I don't know much about, but what I have read, suggests that it is often unclear where the mediums information is coming from. In all the cases Ive seen (admittedly limited) it seems very difficult to establish whether mediums are genuine, and when/if that is able to be more firmly established, mediums often seem only able to produce information that was already known, or, already in the world. That too only indicates information coming from the past, and present.

Tthe super-psi hypothesis is not credible for many reasons and it is not true that mediums only provide information about the present or the past, because it has been consistent descriptions of the afterlife.

Back