Dr. Julie Beischel Clearing Up Myths About Mediums |371|

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Alex, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Alex

Alex New

great topic! seems to be coming up a lot lately. would you be willing to help me co-produce a skeptiko episode on this, Richard?

2. Larry

Larry Member

I think you have to consider that the ultimate nature of inner voices remains a mystery and that our own consciousness has a lot to do with determining their quality
    Take John Macks research with UFO abductees and how The experiencers experience would change over time often from malevolent to at least somewhat benevolent

3. Alex

Alex New

I love this point!!!
    the ultimate nature of inner voices remains a mystery

4. dpdownsouth

dpdownsouth Member

I find this very convincing, Jim!

It reminds me of something I saw on local TV here in South Africa years ago: Gordon ' the psychic barber' Smith was doing medium-ship for people calling in on one of those general interest type talk shows. At one point he stops what he's doing and says that someone is trying to contact a young man who's currently working in the studio next door and has very recently lost his mother. A producer was duly dispatched and soon returned with a very confused looking sound guy who confirmed everything the 'psychic barber' had to say.

Ok, it doesn't rule out superPSY like your experience..... but I still like the story.

Cheers.

Charlie Primero and Jim_Smith like this.
  5. dpdownsouth

dpdownsouth Member

It would make a great T-shirt!

David Bailey likes this.