Dr Lloyd Rudy veridical NDE OBE... Smithy's article now available.

You are hilarious Bill, seriously. In that thread you claimed that -despite the fact that all of your previous posts came from an obvious critical and skepkical position- this supposed experience left you "depressed" and "shook your beliefs". My mind was not "made up", I am just observant and quick to notice the ridiculous contrast... Luckily, so were several other users. And remember that it's not my fault if you are full of it.

This is the last time I will address this.. But this much can be said... Let's pretend your claim is correct. I am some skeptic . It's not true at all but since you believe this , I'll go with it for the sake of argument. You don't think it's still possible for a skeptic, who experiences a profound loss, to hope, on some level, that their loved one still exists somehow and may still go speak with a medium in the hopes their beliefs can be turned around and they will find solace or proof that their loved one still exists? So even if a skeptic experiences a loss, and chooses to go to a medium, and is left disappointed becuz on some level he hoped some connection would be made, and is left feeling sad , depressed, etc. how does that have to automatically lead to a "ridiculous contrast." The only thing that my previous posts represent is a conflicted mind , not sure what to believe. I have gone thru periods of my life being both a skeptic and proponent, but never closed minded. If anything, I'm too easily swayed by various opinions and theories/arguments that it causes constant fluctuation in my beliefs. If anything, if I were to post in this forum over the course of many years, u would probably find time periods where I seemed more on one side at a certain time, and then another side at a different time. Such is the nature of my own personal conflict. I NEVER lied, and I told the TRUTH. It was my experience. I can't help what feelings it made me feel, or how similar it was to anyone else's experience, or what my previous posts seemed to indicate regarding my beliefs. That's all I will say on the matter and everyone can believe what they want. All I was hoping for was some sort of respect or maybe that's not the right word, but benefit of the doubt . Instead a few people jumped all over me almost immediately and I didn't find that too fair.

I am not interested in continuing to humor you. FYI, it was not the claim that the medium was fraudulent that convinced me to dig deeper, it was your sudden heel/face turn. You went from systematically posting every piece that you could find and pushing the PS agenda hard to claiming that you were heart broken because a medium supposedly swindled you. You seemed so good at retrieving miscellaneous articles from the web and publishing them here, yet you supposedly did not Google the name of the medium that you were going to pay hundreds of dollars to. Yes, you are trying to present yourself as that big of a fool, because one of the first items that come back when you Google his name is the exact same CSICOP "testimony" that you copied so blatantly. The worst is that not only did you try that cheap demagogue to fool people by pulling at their heart strings, but that you persist in your attempt to manipulate them despite being exposed and continue to go on random tangents instead of owning up to your mistake.

What neither he nor Amado-Cattaneo knew was what happened after the patient left the operating room prior to Rudy first talking to him. We have absolutely no idea what anyone (e.g., nurses) said to him.

And here is a new wrinkle in the paper. Amado-Cattaneo said "[Post-Its] taped to a monitor ... close enough for anybody to see what it is there, like the patient for example if he was looking at it." How do we know he didn't? What if the tape had been removed from his eyes and he opened his eyes after revival? We have no way of knowing if this happened and I don't think the doctors did, either.

Nah, we keep getting inexplicable visual imagery recalled by the experient at around the same energy sweet spot within their energy compromised brain.

That's seems exactly what Borjigin is measuring in rats... Inexplicable highly synchronised activity of a wakeful human undertaking a visual task... at the same energy sweet spot in the energy compromised brain.

It's time to start looking at new mechanisms to allow external information to affect the energy compromised brain directly... We've got recent bizarre studies showing hyper weak oscillating magnetic fields disrupting birds navigation at levels that rule out chemical processes... hundreds and thousands of times weaker than the earths local magnetic field.

Once you start seeing field effects in organisms that occur at these hyper-weak levels, you've got to start looking at new mechanisms, and new science.

Last edited:
Just curious, did the patient mention if he read the content of any of the Post-it notes?
I think that make-believe versions have clouded exploration of the facts of NDE's.

My take on your comment is -- that it logical if (and only if) a sci-fi, cartoon or Hollywood script version of NDE's was a model of the process. If the patient did read the notes - ie had actual reception of reflected light from the yellow paper - I would be pretty sure it's a hoax - not a better factual case. I don't think the process of dying grants someone x-ray vision like Superman. On the other hand, the purposeful activity of the doctors and nurses being understood as a mental image of yellow notes does fits the model of direct perception (J. J. Gibson)

It has been hundreds of years since we have know that sight occurs after the processing of actual visual signals and occurs non-locally in brains and afterwards as memory. It is almost 50 years since Gibson's breakthrough about how we gain visual information.

"The information specifying reality is a higher-order relation in the optic array" - Treffner describing Gibson's direct perception theory
http://metaffordance.com/papers/JackTreffner-DirectPerception-Sept2012.pdf

Dead bodies having magical detection of light signals is silly to me. However, there is consistent data, and repetitive events, in which people can perceive affordances, as higher-order information at times of biological stress or when dying.

Last edited:
It's time to start looking at new mechanisms to allow external information to affect the energy compromised brain directly... We've got recent bizarre studies showing hyper weak oscillating magnetic fields disrupting birds navigation at levels that rule out chemical processes... hundreds and thousands of times weaker than the earths local magnetic field.
As opposed to the patient opening his eyes and seeing the Post-Its?

I'm not sure what noncompromised birds have to do with this.

~~ Paul

That's seems exactly what Borjigin is measuring in rats... Inexplicable highly synchronised activity of a wakeful human undertaking a visual task... at the same energy sweet spot in the energy compromised brain.

"hyper weak oscillating magnetic fields" --sounds like the chemistry of Homeopathy for energy buffs

As opposed to the patient opening his eyes and seeing the Post-Its?

I'm not sure what noncompromised birds have to do with this.

1. Yes

2. Evidence of an unknown mechanism in organisms affected by ridiculously weak magnetic fields. Which opens the door to rediculously weak magnetic fields affecting organisms.

1. Yes

2. Evidence of an unknown mechanism in organisms affected by ridiculously weak magnetic fields. Which opens the door to rediculously weak magnetic fields affecting organisms.
Is there evidence of ridiculously weak magnetic fields, as carriers of experiential information from one source to a receiver? It does make sense that they could throw a few "switches" - but this story is about images of the positions of doctors and about complex human activities that require comprehension.

It seems you want a few bits of information to carry the signal of a wide-band connection.

Is there evidence of ridiculously weak magnetic fields, as carriers of experiential information from one source to a receiver? It does make sense that they could throw a few "switches" - but this story is about images of the positions of doctors and about complex human activities that require comprehension.

It seems you want a few bits of information to carry the signal of a wide-band connection.

If you read my many posts on here you would know that I don't propose the conscious experience is held within these weak magnetic fields.

If you read my many posts on here you would know that I don't propose the conscious experience is held within these weak magnetic fields.
Yes of course, I didn't say that. This is a thread about a dead man "seeing" or experiencing activity in his physical environment. Do you think that this activity was signaled to the man via weak magnetic fields?

Yes of course, I didn't say that. This is a thread about a dead man "seeing" or experiencing activity in his physical environment. Do you think that this activity was signaled to the man via weak magnetic fields?

I suggest his exposed networks were simply entrained by compatible weak magnetic fields... which then became coherent with the third parties present, allowing him to experience some part of what they experienced.

Right, so a magnetic field somehow encodes the image of Post-It notes and finds its way into the patient's brain. The brain uses this field to activate the appropriate visual pathways and allow the patient a "glimpse" of the notes.

You are suspicious about the possibility of the patient opening his eyes while coming out of the 25-minute flatline, but not suspicious about the rest of the visual system working?

~~ Paul

Ah yes - every data-point that has ever happen is explained as the doctors, patients and observers as lying or mistaken.
Why oh why do proponents keep saying things like this? I didn't mention a single instance of lying or being mistaken. The doctors never ventured an hypothesis about how it happened, so there can be no mistakes involved in any event.

~~ Paul

I suggest his exposed networks were simply entrained by compatible weak magnetic fields... which then became coherent with the third parties present, allowing him to experience some part of what they experienced.
OK - entrainment is a physical processes, that usually involves encapsulation. The connotation to me is a negative one; as entrainment of copper oxides in rod drawn into electrical wire interferes with conductivity. Help me "get on board" with what you mean.

You must be referring to what is called brainwave entrainment used in alternative therapies. It uses the well know fact that our brainwaves are influenced by patterned external physical signals, such as the cycles of light and dark and of musical rhythms. It is not reported in any way to be a means of communication.

What process of communication are you trying to insinuate? The micro-weak magnetic signals are capturing and encapsulating the "thoughts" of bystanders? Is there any reports of this being found empirically?

I didn't mention a single instance of lying or being mistaken. The doctors never ventured an hypothesis about how it happened, so there can be no mistakes involved in any event.

~~ Paul
The report makes two clear observational claims coming from the patient to the two doctors. Yellow messages and an image of the doctors in a doorway at the moment before the patient begins to return to health. You attack the post-its, as it is possible to attack with a just-so story, ignoring the observation that could have ONLY been observed only during the flat-line period. The two observations support one another and you imply the entire experience is not a factual data-point because one of the two observation could have possible been physically observed. Both of those doctors who where actually there said, "no" to the observation by the patient regarding the doctors positioning and of the yellow messages.

How in the world are you not saying they are not mistaken,when you say the comatose patient woke-up and saw the stickies before being taken to the recovery room? How do you explain/contradict the patient's reporting to the doctors about their positioning, while dead?

OK - entrainment is a physical processes, that usually involves encapsulation. The connotation to me is a negative one; as entrainment of copper oxides in rod drawn into electrical wire interferes with conductivity. Help me "get on board" with what you mean.

You must be referring to what is called brainwave entrainment used in alternative therapies. It uses the well know fact that our brainwaves are influenced by patterned external physical signals, such as the cycles of light and dark and of musical rhythms. It is not reported in any way to be a means of communication.

What process of communication are you trying to insinuate? The micro-weak magnetic signals are capturing and encapsulating the "thoughts" of bystanders? Is there any reports of this being found empirically?

Basically... if your own EM field reduces in power, your network can temporarily use compatible third party fields intersecting it.

Are you envisioning something along the lines of:
  • information is received by the bodies sensory organs, integrated and experienced by the subject
  • as it is being experienced, the integrated information is carried back out of the person by way of electromagetic field.
  • most of the time, a person's own EM field blocks competing fields, but in certain circumstances when the person's own EM field is down the person will process the information received by various EM fields of nearby people.
  • The brain will try and make sense of the various information streams and produce a coherent picture for the person that is recorded in the person's memory similar to how the person's own integrated information also gets recorded.

Are you envisioning something along the lines of:
  • information is received by the bodies sensory organs, integrated and experienced by the subject
  • as it is being experienced, the integrated information is carried back out of the person by way of electromagetic field.
  • most of the time, a person's own EM field blocks competing fields, but in certain circumstances when the person's own EM field is down the person will process the information received by various EM fields of nearby people.
  • The brain will try and make sense of the various information streams and produce a coherent picture for the person that is recorded in the person's memory similar to how the person's own integrated information also gets recorded.

It's not my own choice of words, but yes something a little like that. I would add two things though... 1. that the sensory information is integrated by writing it into the field, then this field is read back by the network where it intersects it, influencing future firing in a feedback loop.

2. where the field intersects the network, it can become coherent (quantum), otherwise I can't explain how past brain states influence future brain states. It is here where I think conscious experience probably resides.

I don't want people to get the idea that I think the whole conscious experience is in the EM field, it's not.

Back