Dr. Mark Pitstick After Death Communication Shatters Materialism |468|

I appreciate Alex's slightly confrontational approach but I think there may be more merit to Pitsticks project than he's being given credit for.
tell me more Kev... because on one hand I agree with you. I mean, as one recent guests put it " a lot of people have gotten a nobel prize for a lot less."

but on the other hand, sloppy frontier science work... I can't get the michael jackson thing out of my head... and for those of us who care about frontier science I think we have to demand more.

Just as a quick addition to the above post....

Consider that we breed livestock for consumption. We fatten them up and take care of them so that they will provide for us and give us energy.

Maybe we are just a sort of food source for something else, up there, in the extended consciousness realm. All these stories, ideas, religions and evidence presented to us, is just for fattening us up.

Doesn't that make you look at everything with a different perspective, or is it just me?
This is a novel you should read!
https://b-ok.cc/book/5295247/296fad

You aren't the only one with that fear, but it really seems a bit trite. I mean, in the story above, they drank the "Warm One's" blood (humans) but given the technology such beings would have to posses, does such a prosaic explanation make sense?

Besides, why provide humans with the vague sense that an afterlife exists? The human race would still survive without it.

One problem is, I think, that once you get into extended consciousness, there are an infinity of possible explanations - the only hope is to prune them with Occam's razor.

David

This is what has been bugging me in the past year or so about many spiritual ideas. The more I look at it, the more I get suspicious.

I get the impression that not knowing about why we are here, that there is some inherent morality or 'goodness' about the 'not knowing', isn't going to cut it for a lot of people anymore. What progress has been made since this idea came into existence, and for whom?

I'm still pretty convinced based on the evidence so far that there is at least an extended consciousness realm. I just think that maybe, it's much the same up there, as it is down here......
What might the realms currency be? What is limiting over there?

There is an episode of star trek (or maybe it was one of the movies) where the hero cheats on a military training exercise and wins. This defeats the purpose of the exercise which is to teach humility. And some would say the same about a communication device. So the truth of the afterlife will remain hidden. Regimes like china can maintain their power, religion can continue to shame and guilt people into donating money, etc.

Americans and Europeans fret over privacy while NDE'rs have supposedly perfect recall of every event of their lives -- including awareness of what others experienced. That is a totalitarian state! If something is smart enough to re-arrange my matter after death and keep my memories safe...that is quite an amazing technology...and anything that smart wins by default. What we see on Earth is a reflection of its values.

And its always saying it is us - we are it.

We don't know what it wants but we do know it will win. Our struggles are its struggles by design.

What might the realms currency be? What is limiting over there?

There is an episode of star trek (or maybe it was one of the movies) where the hero cheats on a military training exercise and wins. This defeats the purpose of the exercise which is to teach humility. And some would say the same about a communication device. So the truth of the afterlife will remain hidden. Regimes like china can maintain their power, religion can continue to shame and guilt people into donating money, etc.

Americans and Europeans fret over privacy while NDE'rs have supposedly perfect recall of every event of their lives -- including awareness of what others experienced. That is a totalitarian state! If something is smart enough to re-arrange my matter after death and keep my memories safe...that is quite an amazing technology...and anything that smart wins by default. What we see on Earth is a reflection of its values.

And its always saying it is us - we are it.

We don't know what it wants but we do know it will win. Our struggles are its struggles by design.

I never thought about it like that SQ. Interesting!

I guess we just all assume that, that something is benevolent. Pretty sure any data protection act will be falling on deaf ears in the great beyond!

Imagine we viewed the extended consciousness realms with the same carefulness that we do towards strangers here on Earth? We don't and so we might find it prudent to ask ourselves why we give respect and trust to anything out there, when we have absolutely no idea who or what may be benefiting from our ignorance!

P.S I do chop and change my stance on this. It depends. There does seem to be a genuine good willed force out there, i.e the good guys. I just think we don't really give much thought to it. It's why I didn't really like Ray Hernandez and his shtick regarding the F.R.E.E study. I also checked out their F.B group and to join it, you HAD to agree to not talk about the bad stuff (or along those lines!). I noped right out of there after a while!

I never thought about it like that SQ. Interesting!

I guess we just all assume that, that something is benevolent. Pretty sure any data protection act will be falling on deaf ears in the great beyond!

Imagine we viewed the extended consciousness realms with the same carefulness that we do towards strangers here on Earth? We don't and so we might find it prudent to ask ourselves why we give respect and trust to anything out there, when we have absolutely no idea who or what may be benefiting from our ignorance!

P.S I do chop and change my stance on this. It depends. There does seem to be a genuine good willed force out there, i.e the good guys. I just think we don't really give much thought to it. It's why I didn't really like Ray Hernandez and his shtick regarding the F.R.E.E study. I also checked out their F.B group and to join it, you HAD to agree to not talk about the bad stuff (or along those lines!). I noped right out of there after a while!

I keep wanting to know where all the PTSD patients are who have NDEs? Some significant fraction is negative, but just like the F.R.E.E. group, its like there is this giant conspiracy not to recognize its horror. ITs a learning experience. Uh huh.

For me, evil requires two things:

1) knowledge that your action is harmful
2) intention or will to do the harm

Negligence leading to harm isn't evil, in my view.

But, what if some people learn better through terror, pain, and travesty? What kind of evil would create that?

I don't think most people recognize how odd it is to label things as evil that are not at all evil. But a cursory glance of what is widely recognized as evil can easily be transformed into common, normal behavior. We don't see that with other concepts. Evil has a strange way of being morphed into the good. Sexuality is one area where this occurs. Slavery is another -- it was once seen as good and now its evil.

I go by knowledge (what that person is feeling and what the likely outcome is) and intention only.

I mean you eat meat most likely? Are they pets or food? There is no way we are getting out of this place being good. No one is good even most of the time. But as for evil, that I am not so sure. I think most people are instead ignorant of what their actions are doing to other people since if they experienced it directly, usually they would stop.

I think falsely labeling someone or something evil can be kind of funny when we label others that way (eg, homosexuals during the reign of christianity). I cannot trust our societies intuition on what good is. Slavery, eating potential pets, abortion (its legality and normalcy in secular culture) and so on are all examples of confusion over what evil is, and some persist today or not recognized as being a problem.

Evil acts are commonly mislabeled and disagreed upon. Their is more disagreement upon what evil is than what is good. So to say their are these really super crazy evil people out there...well yes, but they are super super rare. What we have most often is evil as a label, a scarlet letter. Are those who commit abortion evil? Its normal. And lets not forget its part of the design.

So tornadoes cannot be evil...why not the designer who kills billions of babies every year -- on purpose no doubt to teach us lessons? Moms see their babies in heaven yet babies get flushed down the toilet every day -- well, tiny fetuses do. It makes no sense. Fetal loss to natural causes is not a rare event when averaged over billions of women having sex every day. Keep in mind our sex drives were designed to be used all the time unlike other creatures who do not menstruate all of their lives past puberty. Its like the designer wanted to create harm. I can't worship that.

It makes no sense.

Zero.

If instead God is something that develops over time and learns and makes mistakes that does make sense. We are simply in one stage of a very long process. So yes, learning lessons does make sense. We are all helping each other learn what is good and evil here. Our experiences are the proof. But what if experience is just experience...there is no good or evil? What then?

I just hope I get to decide what experiences I have.

tldr; we are too dumb to be evil. Those who are most succesful at being evil, the worse of the worst, are often very powerful and few people have that kind of control. Evil is a non issue since their is almost no agreement over history over what it is. Abortion, eating meat, changes in sexuality...warfare and on and on. The typical child raping and slaughtering "demon" is likely a victim of many harms of society. There is probably not a single person like that who had a wonderful childhood or didn't have some sort of mental illness (schizoid).

Last edited:
A soul phone? Soul phone... well, this can be 1 of 5 things.
1). Crazy talk by someone looking for your money.
2). Real
3). Really horrible people taking advantage of people who are suffering.
4). People who wish it were so.
5). Something nasty & not honest out there talking smack.

LET'S LOOK!

Okay, so if they have communication with the "great beyond" surely they can ask them where the gold is buried & get money that way. I mean even with "yes or no" answers we could track down the location.

So...number 1 is looking like a possibility & #2 is looking less likely.

Items 3,4 & 5 should be avoided.

To prove his point I'm afraid he's going to have to tell us "where the gold is buried" for anyone to believe this one.

Michael Jackson? For Gods sake how stupid do people think we are? OR if I'm feeling generous, how self-deluded are some people?

Great reply!!!! I agree with you %100 . I must admit I was into the whole Soul Phone idea because of the credentials of the people doing the research and IT was at the U of AZ. Now I backed away some from it maybe a rip-off …… but it might have a smidgen of hope. Lets see them do a real demonstration in public. How does Dean Radin feel about this?

Ouija boards are anther fake not real thing, peoples brains move their hands, not spirits . Scientists did a study and blind folded people and had them do a session , it turned out all Gibberish with any answers !

So, I decided to tell my partner about the "spirit phone" and I said, "well, there is this guy who says he has a phone that will talk to the dead..." at this my partner looked at me sideways. So, I added, "all he needs is some money". That's when he said, "OH BROTHER!". I went on to tell him that the man was talking with Michael Jackson... now I got "the look". So I quickly added, "AND EINSTEIN!"

How about John Bonham or Jimmy Hendrix?
It was at this point I knew my argument was lost~~~~

exactly... let's start with, what are "spirits"? what is our "physical world"?

Let's do the double slit experiment.

I would say IMO sprits are just passed peoples consciousness interacting -within the quantum world and dimensions- with our quantum brain biology and chemistry in some way. You can say electromagnetic energy to be more simple. I did a little back track on this soul phone thing. I bought into it a lot , but now I'm more agnostic about it. I think you were more right about in your views. This guy seems to be maybe a money grubber ???? Lets see the public demo with other scientists in attendance.

tldr; we are too dumb to be evil
I have been trying to figure out why I think there is an asymmetry between good and evil.

My tentative thought on this is that evil is fundamentally silly and immature. Think of a child's birthday party, and one child bosses the others and eats more than his fair share of cakes - he ends up being sick! That same thing seems to happen over and over in life - you grab too much and spoil the pleasure for everyone, including yourself.

As another example, think of the pleasure of going on care-free holiday. Now imagine you have 1 Billion Dollars and buy a super-yacht. The pleasure of going going on holiday wears off if you do it too much, plus there is the endless hassle of organising people to look after the damn thing!

Now think of the really evil things that concern Alex. Doing them will probably make you feel excited but bad at the same time, and then simply bad - you will start to wonder how you arrived at that awful place.

I suspect this generalises to all forms of evil - they are fundamentally just daft!

David

I enjoyed the show and Dr. Pitstick seems very earnest and very dedicated.

In regards to whether or not the “dream team” is really who they say they are, I’m reminded of Tom Campbell’s theory. If I may bring up this theory, hopefully, without completely misunderstanding it, Campbell says were an “individuated unit of consciousness” having a go at physical experience.

After the physical life finishes, the consciousness of that individual moves on to whatever is deemed to be necessary for further growth. So, if I’m not mistaken, after a good period of time has passed “Michael Jackson” or ”Einstein” has moved on and is no longer available for yes and no answers.

According to Campbell, that individual’s information is still available to be tapped from a database of sorts (“Akashic Records”?) and that information can be presented to one seeking answers from a particular individual. So, according to Campbell’s theory, the information would be “verifiable” as coming from ”Michael Jackson” because it is their data to begin with.

However, instead of Michael Jackson, it’s the “larger consciousness system” that is providing the requested information perhaps in order nudge us into understanding that there’s more to existence than the physical experience.

Whew! I think I got all of that out.

Speaking of experiments, Tom Campbell has been in the process of running some experiments that he has designed that are also based on variations of the double slit experiment for about a year now. The goal of these experiments is to show that consciousness, not the physical, is fundamental.

So far this has mostly consisted of getting the necessary equipment and the set up of same. This should be interesting as well.

I hope they try Eddie Van Halen.

The latest update was last month on their soulphone newsletter. I find it a bit odd that they have not published their communication study using multiple labs. Was that work already completed or not?

The latest message from the newsletter said 'one step forward two steps back' so that hardware changes led to problems with software. This tells me their excitement about creating a soul keyboard with the recent design failed. Remember when pitstick said a talented engineer came up with a device that would allow faster communication? It seems like that failed or caused other problems.

Back