Mod+ dreams and the meaning of them

I doubt that your experience is related to you being a diabetic. I wouldnt dare to say that i understand your experience since i obviously cant, but i propably would have been scared. Something happened there and the only one who could tell you what it was is yourself or the other entity that you did meet. Seems also amazing to me how your dreams are still so frequently.
Btw, that may sound stupid, but i think you really should cherish those experiences. If they appear so often and with such intensity they propably got a great meaning for you. And im not talking about you as in your physical body.

I relayed the story to a priest once, he said to me something I will always remember. He referred to is as "my own private miracle" the meaning and purpose behind what you experienced is between You,God, and the lady in Berlin.

The dreams are basically my life. I mean I have a real life, but the dreams have been a part of my life longer than anything and anyone else outside my parents and siblings. Thank you very much for reading it. If I get brave I will post some more.

oh and for the sake of consistency, the priest only heard the same part of the story I told here. There are not many who have ever heard more than that. He was one of the few I told the story to.

So dreams could be completing certain expieriences from us? Sounds intriguing. Makes me wonder though why just a few of those many dreams are working this way. This type of dream may be just working for special situations or something like that where the influence of the other "world" is needed, huh?
It's hard to say, but I do feel that certain dreams for me carry a meaning, and it is one which is easily understood - at least some of the time. I don't know how this happens, no-one taught me how, and I've not studied the subject in any formal way. Just sometimes I have a dream, and it uses metaphors or symbols to represent my current real-world situation. From past experience I can say that as soon as I started to pay attention to my dreams, I started to remember them more, and understand them better.

It's almost as though there is a message being expressed, and if you start to listen, the sender speaks more clearly and in greater detail. Who is the sender? I tend to think it is another part of myself, but others have suggested that we meet with our guides during sleep, and they offer input too.

When someone has an NDE, they often describe communication with some other being, whether a deceased relative, or some more advanced spiritual being, and no words are used, ideas are expressed directly by telepathy. In our ordinary waking lives we tend not to be very good at telepathy, so my suggestion is that a dream is a way of conveying information or ideas from a place where the natural means of communication is telepathy, no words are used, to this world, where we are dependent upon them.

But I must add again, I only refer to a particular category of 'helpful' dreams. I think there are many types of dreams, which are beyond my understanding.

It's hard to say, but I do feel that certain dreams for me carry a meaning, and it is one which is easily understood - at least some of the time. I don't know how this happens, no-one taught me how, and I've not studied the subject in any formal way. Just sometimes I have a dream, and it uses metaphors or symbols to represent my current real-world situation. From past experience I can say that as soon as I started to pay attention to my dreams, I started to remember them more, and understand them better.

It's almost as though there is a message being expressed, and if you start to listen, the sender speaks more clearly and in greater detail. Who is the sender? I tend to think it is another part of myself, but others have suggested that we meet with our guides during sleep, and they offer input too.

When someone has an NDE, they often describe communication with some other being, whether a deceased relative, or some more advanced spiritual being, and no words are used, ideas are expressed directly by telepathy. In our ordinary waking lives we tend not to be very good at telepathy, so my suggestion is that a dream is a way of conveying information or ideas from a place where the natural means of communication is telepathy, no words are used, to this world, where we are dependent upon them.

But I must add again, I only refer to a particular category of 'helpful' dreams. I think there are many types of dreams, which are beyond my understanding.

I think the sender is sometimes you and sometimes a guide or other spirit. I have met many people who have told me of stories of seeing loved ones in their dreams after they died. Those people were convinced that the person they saw in the dream was in reality their deceased loved one. It's to bad the sender can't include a "this message is from X" at the beginning :)

I think the sender is sometimes you and sometimes a guide or other spirit. I have met many people who have told me of stories of seeing loved ones in their dreams after they died. Those people were convinced that the person they saw in the dream was in reality their deceased loved one. It's to bad the sender can't include a "this message is from X" at the beginning :)

I had an apparent visit from my grandmother in a lucid dream weeks after she died. I knew I was dreaming and I knew she had passed in the context of this dream. We had a short dialog (I don't actually remember if it was telepathic or not) in which involved me asking what it was like and if she was okay. Anyway, she basically told me she was at peace but then the last thing she told me was "79 Days ...", and I woke. 79 Days? I kept track from the morning of when the dream occurred to the 79th day. However, nothing (to my knowledge) extraordinary happened on that 79th day. It was just a normal day. I even bought a lottery ticket that day. No luck. ;) So, who knows? My subconscious could have created the entire experience but that dream was extremely real to me.

Well yeah, nde's and "REM Sleep" seem to be rather similar, agreed. I The whole physical stuff regarding dreams isweird aswell; im not sure about that, but i think i remember a quote from a dream researcher who said that science is till this date not sure why we are even doing that. Same goes for sleep. There are lots of physical based theories for that out there, but its pretty hard to prove stuff like that, isnt it D:

But what you are actually saying is the theory that we are processing information from the past(-> the day before now), right? Some dreams that i had dont make that much sense if im trying to see it from that angle.

But well, i dont know what to make about a few of those anyways.
Example? okay. ONe of those very vivid dreams that actually shook me up a bit was well...weird. It was a dream about me, waking up in a bad in a rather middle age-like house. After that i went out of that house and i went pretty much on a journey with a blond-haired guy. The whole travelling think was pretty much ordinary. After a while we stopped at a sea with a big wall to keep people from jumping into it. There were lots of people in their beachwear there though. Just when the other guy and me went near the lake a octopus-being appeared out of it and grabbed the other guy. I can vividly remember the red eyes of that thing. Idk why. The being pulled the other guy closer and closer to him until i screamed. I didnt wake up then though. Thats the weird part. The freaking dream did loop. It started again with me, waking up in the very same bed in the very same middle age-house. And i even met the same guy infront of the house. And then i woke up. Im not living near a lake and i actually didnt visit one for many years. All of that just strikes me as weird since i couldnt connect it to anything from my normal life at all.

Personally I don't bother using the literal dream imagery. It's the emotions and feelings the imagery evokes that weave a narrative that may have some meaning. So I'd want to know what that middle-aged house meant to you, what it felt like inside, what it reminded you of. What it felt like waking up in that bed, what did the bed feel like to you. How big was it in comparision to you, did it have a duvet, or blankets etc What it felt like leaving the house, what the motivation to leave was, what you felt about the house as you left it etc...

I still have difficulty with my own dreams, I think that goes for most people, but I can decode my best mate's dreams really quickly, and he does the same with me. As I listen to him recounting his dream, I just allow myself to feel what the imagery evokes in me, and ask him really specific questions about the dream that jog more and more information out of him.

Personally I don't bother using the literal dream imagery. It's the emotions and feelings the imagery evokes that weave a narrative that may have some meaning. So I'd want to know what that middle-aged house meant to you, what it felt like inside, what it reminded you of. What it felt like waking up in that bed, what did the bed feel like to you. How big was it in comparision to you, did it have a duvet, or blankets etc What it felt like leaving the house, what the motivation to leave was, what you felt about the house as you left it etc...

I still have difficulty with my own dreams, I think that goes for most people, but I can decode my best mate's dreams really quickly, and he does the same with me. As I listen to him recounting his dream, I just allow myself to feel what the imagery evokes in me, and ask him really specific questions about the dream that jog more and more information out of him.

Hm, emotions? Im normally rather emotional, but when it comes to stuff like that i always think about the images and the sounds first. It didnt even occur to me to think about my feelings that i had while i had that dream. Feelings can be deceptive, thats propably why. Im too critical there, right?

Hm, emotions? Im normally rather emotional, but when it comes to stuff like that i always think about the images and the sounds first. It didnt even occur to me to think about my feelings that i had while i had that dream. Feelings can be deceptive, thats propably why. Im too critical there, right?

Well I would say the opposite, my feelings/emotions are too damn accurate to be ignored, I've never known them to be wrong. The issue is that we often incorrectly associate them with the wrong everyday stuff, probably in an attempt to protect ourselves from the frightening/uncomfortable stuff and deal with the anxiety, or we suppress them altogether and sometimes end up depressed.

If you interpret dream imagery literally, I think we get it wrong. If we interpret the feelings/emotions that the imagery evokes I think we'll get closer to the correct meaning. (The same goes for NDE imagery).

Well I would say the opposite, my feelings/emotions are too damn accurate to be ignored, I've never known them to be wrong. The issue is that we often incorrectly associate them with the wrong everyday stuff, probably in an attempt to protect ourselves from the frightening/uncomfortable stuff and deal with the anxiety, or we suppress them altogether and sometimes end up depressed.

If you interpret dream imagery literally, I think we get it wrong. If we interpret the feelings/emotions that the imagery evokes I think we'll get closer to the correct meaning. (The same goes for NDE imagery).

With respect, I'm compelled to disagree with your stance on not taking dream imagery literally. Did not Robert Waggoner relay in his interview here that a student of his dreamed of a particular freckle pattern on the lower back of his hallmate, and the next day find out that both the location and pattern in real life were exactly as they were in his dream?

With respect, I'm compelled to disagree with your stance on not taking dream imagery literally. Did not Robert Waggoner relay in his interview here that a student of his dreamed of a particular freckle pattern on the lower back of his hallmate, and the next day find out that both the location and pattern in real life were exactly as they were in his dream?

I'm talking about dreams generally.

I think you are both right. Both the imagery and the emotional they provoke are important. That's probably why dreams can be so difficult to interpret. Knowing when it's about the imagery or the emotion can be hard to decipher.

I think you are both right. Both the imagery and the emotional they provoke are important. That's probably why dreams can be so difficult to interpret. Knowing when it's about the imagery or the emotion can be hard to decipher.

Propably. Im not saying that feelings could be important. I just never payed attention to them when it came to dreams till now. I just saw no need for that. My feelings play games with me all the time - i can be awake and sad for apparently no reason at all. Same goes for being happy. My feelings can be influenced by many things, like music, the lighting of the room or just my thoughts. It doesnt seem difficult to me to "make" myself consciously sad without any specific reason. Thats definitely possible. Things like that make me wonder about feelings as being the only source i should rely on.
Of course, the same goes for the things my senses are telling me. I dont deny that. Even so, the things i see in my dreams arent something my normal senses are telling me. I do see the things there with my "inner eye". I dont know if that counts as a sense. It could be related to feelings, so it may be the case that we are actually talking about nearly the same things while actually not noticing that.

I hear Ya. Sometimes I find myself sad or perturbed for no apparent reason. But, I'd say most of the time my misunderstanding of my own emotions has a lot to do with my own intellectual laziness. If I'm willing to really delve in and try to get at what is making me feel that way, I can often pin down the culprit. Even if it is just the lighting.

I hear Ya. Sometimes I find myself sad or perturbed for no apparent reason. But, I'd say most of the time my misunderstanding of my own emotions has a lot to do with my own intellectual laziness. If I'm willing to really delve in and try to get at what is making me feel that way, I can often pin down the culprit. Even if it is just the lighting.

Yeah, when I'm feeling strongly, and haven't identified the issue, I will sometimes retire to the bedroom for a period of reverie. Thinking of nothing, but just allowing thoughts and images with feelings to pop into my mind at times - but not concentrate or dwell on them, just let them fade away again. Eventually a pattern becomes clear as I notice particular thoughts and feelings keep coming up, and I can identify why I'm feeling that way.

My dreams frighten me.

For years I will have a recurring dream, perhaps every 15 - 20 months, then it will come true.

Example: For years I've had a bizzaro dream where I'm climbing around in a dark, dangerous building, up high, with a big black, plastic package on my shoulders, struggling. It's totally stupid. The dream never has context. It never made any sense.

Last week I bought a new truck. I decided to remove the rear seats for more storage space in the cab.

To preserve the rear seats for when I sell this truck many years from now, I wrapped the back seat in heavy black plastic like people use for landscaping and duct tape. While struggling this morning before dawn to hoist this seat into the rafters of my storage building the deja vu hit me like a ton of bricks.

I have seen this exact scene in my dreams perhaps 15 times over the years. I know from experience I will never have that dream again.

The scary part is that my dreams are sometimes really bad situations like running from danger, fighting criminals, etc.

Hmmmm, the other night I dreamt Corey Goode was being arrested for fraud.... I think Tome DeLonge was there too. This is a bit odd as I know who they are but don't follow their work at all. Of course, you could say that Delonge should answer for his crimes against music.... and as for Goode....

Precognition or bad meal before bed, we'll see. :)

Delonge should answer for his crimes against music...
LOL

I hope it was genuine precognition, and not just a bad meal.

Looks silly now, but this is the image in my dreams, only darker and more black-and-white, with pressure on my shoulders struggling to lift it.

yUAHMlx.png

Back