Eric Ouellet's new book about UFOs

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by Trancestate, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Trancestate

Trancestate Member

Sociologist author and blogger Eric Ouellet's long-awaited book about UFOs is finally out:

ILLUMINATIONS: The UFO Experience as a Parapsychological Event

Amazon's blurb reads:

What if UFO experiences are the result of large-scale, unconscious, psychic forces?

Parapsychology and UFOlogy are like oil and water. They just don't mix, despite the decades-long efforts of some highly respected researchers to call attention to the paranormal or parapsychological aspects of UFO events. In Illuminations, sociologist Eric Ouellet offers a novel approach to a phenomenon that has thus far resisted all other efforts to explain it, be it as extraterrestrial craft, time travelers, secret government projects, or natural phenomena.

Combining research in parapsychology, sociology, and UFOlogy, Ouellet provides a thought provoking reassessment of several well-known UFO cases, including the Washington, DC, UFO wave of 1952, the Betty and Barney Hill abduction of 1961, the Rendlesham UFO incident of 1980, and the Belgian UFO wave of 1989-1991. While not claiming to have the final solution to the UFO mystery, he offers much food for thought and a refreshing outlook on a stubbornly elusive phenomenon.

"Parapsychological approaches in this field are rare: your contribution is precious, and it is very timely." -Jacques Vallée, author of The Invisible College

"As a sociologist and a UFO witness, plus, importantly, a parapsychological researcher, Eric Ouellet ticks all the boxes to appreciate the bagatelle of curiosities that I have encountered in the field during 40 years of UFO investigation." - Jenny Randles, author of Mind Monsters

ERIC OUELLET is professor of Defence Studies at the Royal Military College of Canada, and at the Canadian Forces College (Canada's Joint Staff and War College). He has a Ph.D. in sociology from York University (Toronto, Canada), and he is the liaison officer for Canada with the Parapsychological Association. He has published parapsychological work in the Australian Journal of Psychology, EdgeScience, and the Bulletin Métapsychique. His other research works focus on military sociology and war studies.

His blog, Parasociology is here: http://parasociology.blogspot.com/

Doug

Red, tim, Vortex and 6 others like this.
  2. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson Member

Home Page:
    I have ordered a copy. Thanks for the information.

3. Neil

Neil New

The title makes me very skeptical. how does a parapsychological explanation fit with physical evidence cases?

4. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson Member

Home Page:
    Don't you realize that parapsychology is specifically concerned also with physical effects, and with controlling physical things?

Laurent K. likes this.
  5. Neil

Neil New

Sure, but what is the link? How does a parapsychological reason explain radar hits?

Red likes this.
  6. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson Member

Home Page:
    Physical mediums of the 1800s were well known for producing physical manifestations. Only temporary, mind you, but still physical.

7. Neil

Neil New

So the UFOs do exist in our atmosphere which is why they show up on radar, but they manifest (teleport?) here via a PK effect?

8. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson Member

Home Page:
    That's the sort of explanation which should at least be considered, and compared with other explanations to see which is best.

9. Neil

Neil New

Got it. Thanks for the explanation. I think it is an intriguing idea that deserves consideration.

10. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson Member

Home Page:
    A parapsychology/PK explanation can begin to explain how interstellar travel is possible, how craft can change direction instantly, and how they can appear/disappear very suddenly. Is there a better explanation?

11. Neil

Neil New

I don't know. I think it is an option to be considered. Who knows where psi will lead when we really understand it and can take advantage of it.

I thought at first this was more along the lines of the ideas that UFOs are part of some type of archetypal hallucination.

12. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson Member

Home Page:
    We have not read the book yet, but I hope he talks about more than that.

It is common misconception about parapsychology and any dualist-style explanation that it is all about being 'in the mind'.
    But parapsychology and dualism are specifically interactive when it comes to mind-matter connections!

To be 'all in the mind' is just idealism, or idealistic monism of the kind popular e.g. in some threads here such as Bernardo Kastrup.

hypermagda likes this.
  13. bluebird

bluebird New

Yes lol but post pictures of the one you have personally examined or riden on or touched until then shaky videos and nutjobs Like Bob Lazar be your friends.

14. Neil

Neil New

And what about cases like Japan airlines 1628 with airborn visual, FAA radar tracking, and confirmation from Airforce also on radar? You can even listen to the black box recording. That is not a shaky video with nut jobs.

Red likes this.
  15. bluebird

bluebird New

If you want to believe in second hand accounts go right ahead but until YOU can put your hands on one, see ya'!

16. Neil

Neil New

Yes, I will trust the black box recording I listened to where a 25 year experienced pilot had airborn visual along with radar confirmation from multiple agencies. That's called physical evidence.

Red likes this.
  17. bluebird

bluebird New

Darlin', that's called gullible. lol There's a big, long thread in the afterlifeforums that has almost 200,000 views called "Aliens Who Doesn't Love Them" or some such, you can go over there and share your brand opinion about aliens and flying lights and Chinese lanterns and all kinds of woo-woo stuff to your l'il ole hearts content.

18. Neil

Neil New

I am talking physical evidence. You can listen to the black box recording yourself. But it sounds like you would just prefer to deny any evidence and remain ignorant. Good luck with that.

19. bluebird

bluebird New

Honey, you don't know a thing about me so you can put your crystal ball back in is bowling ball bag and continue on searching thestars for your alien buddies and UFOs that don't exist. Let us know when they land on the common grounds of your apartment building.

Kids. LOL

20. Laurent K.

Laurent K. New

as you seen the latest UFO with Humanoïd form ?

A french journalist filmed one over a "Nuclear Centrale" in France.

Of course, it's linked to paranormal ! Of course !

Did you see the latest discoveries in India ? Prehistoric paintings with "flying sauvers" and even a "little grey"...

Of course, it's linked to paranormal.

Who can doubt of this now ????