EVP Analysis

I was wondering if anyone here can analyze some EVPs for me. I found an interesting video that supposedly has three EVPs. One of them is supposedly Jesus! The others are Erik Medhus (deased son of the woman who is talking to the medium in the video) and Quentin Crisp (famous author).

The original video with the EVPs is here
The Jesus EVP is at 26:33. Erik Medhus EVP is at 33:05 and Quentin Crips EVP is at 33:15.

I found a video of Erik when he was alive that here at 2:56

Quentin Crisps voice when he was alive is here

Thank you for spending your time on this, it is very much appreciated! Looking forward to your analysis!

Last edited:
I don't understand really. At 33:05 she responds to a man talking off-camera, where she raises her eyes and looks at him. You can even hear the same echo from his voice, as from the women on camera, that the room gives off. He even clears his throat, with the same echo. Then it was some sound, sounding like someone dropped, or smashed a metallic spoon on the table. It's hard to hear that whispering voice though.

Anyway, if you are in to EVP's you might be interested in these two documentaries:

Calling Earth - EVP & ITC
- communication with the deceased through modern electronic technology.

PS: I saw that the video wont embed, but you can watch it on Vimeo just as easily by clicking on the link

EVP Via Radio - Marcello Bacci - 2016

..and these studies.>>

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone here can analyze some EVPs for me. I found an interesting video that supposedly has three EVPs. One of them is supposedly Jesus! The others are Erik Medhus (deased son of the woman who is talking to the medium in the video) and Quentin Crisp (famous author).

The original video with the EVPs is here
The Jesus EVP is at 26:33. Erik Medhus EVP is at 33:05 and Quentin Crips EVP is at 33:15.

I really want to believe this. I really do. But I cannot completely buy into this. I have checked out the Channeling Erik site a couple years back and it started to come apart for me when dead celebrities started talking. After that, I got rational and called BS!

I don't understand really. At 33:05 she responds to a man talking off-camera, where she raises her eyes and looks at him. You can even hear the same echo from his voice, as from the women on camera, that the room gives off. He even clears his throat, with the same echo. Then it was some sound, sounding like someone dropped, or smashed a metallic spoon on the table. It's hard to hear that whispering voice though.

Anyway, if you are in to EVP's you might be interested in these two documentaries:

Calling Earth - EVP & ITC
- communication with the deceased through modern electronic technology.

PS: I saw that the video wont embed, but you can watch it on Vimeo just as easily by clicking on the link

EVP Via Radio - Marcello Bacci - 2016

..and these studies.>>

She looks up when she is talking to the spirits. You can see this at 32:49 and several other times. The throat clearing was something Erik did when he was alive, it was a tic of his according to his mother. Also they way he says "breakfist" instand of "breakfast" like a child would was something Erik was known to do. How do you explain the EVP at 33:05 sounding exactly like Erik (the dead young man)? Secondly, a film director with audio expertise analyzed the audio and concluded that the EVPs left no human voiceprint. I just wanted a second opinion from someone with experience in this kind of stuff, which clearly you are not.

I really want to believe this. I really do. But I cannot completely buy into this. I have checked out the Channeling Erik site a couple years back and it started to come apart for me when dead celebrities started talking. After that, I got rational and called BS!

Why is it any less rational to believe in speaking with a dead celebrity than a dead non-celebrity (Erik)? They are both human and have souls. Your logic makes no sense. How do you explain that the voice at 33:05 sounds exactly like Erik? And that it left no human voiceprint?

EVP sounds like a audio Rorschach to my ears. More likely the dead speak telepathically than audibly. Not convinced.

Why is it any less rational to believe in speaking with a dead celebrity than a dead non-celebrity (Erik)? They are both human and have souls. Your logic makes no sense. How do you explain that the voice at 33:05 sounds exactly like Erik? And that it left no human voiceprint?

I don't know. Like I said ... I wanted to believe and I'm still open to the fact that she is channeling Erik. And then when one celebrity showed up ...I said "Okay ... that could happen ... I guess." But, the website completely lost my interest when a bunch of famous figures starting showing up. I guess that's when I became skeptical. To me, it seemed that the celebrity guests from beyond that was added to the show, was an attempt to generate more web traffic to the site. I called it a "show" because that's what it became to me and I didn't take it seriously anymore. However, you can believe what you want. It's all good.

But, the website completely lost my interest when a bunch of famous figures starting showing up.
There are a number of people or sites offering their own channellings of various celebrities. Of those, the Erik site is perhaps my least favourite.

Actually it isn't the fact that they are 'celebrities' which bothers me, so much as the great predictability and mundane nature of what is presented. My interest is aroused (rightly or wrongly) when one of these personalities expresses something unexpected or thought-provoking. In that respect it hardly matters whether these phenomena are literally what is claimed, or something else. The new lines of thought which are awakened are of value in and of themselves.

Sometimes there is a certain figure who is 'trending', rather like social-media phenomena, and will appear via several different channels. For example Amelia Earhart has appeared on at least two sites, and Grigori Rasputin on at least three. Sometimes there are glaring factual differences, which clearly indicate that discretion is required in assessing the content. But still, it can be interesting as I suggested, in giving alternative interpretations of what we think we 'know'.

My apologies to Ethan Matthews, I haven't addressed the topic of EVP so far. I tend to side towards Gabriel's view as an 'audio Rorschach', that is the listener supplies the meaning.

EVP sounds like a audio Rorschach to my ears. More likely the dead speak telepathically than audibly. Not convinced.

The dead don't speak audibly otherwise we would be hearing them all the time. They manipulate the recording device to produce sound using their energy. However when they do this they obviously don't leave a human voiceprint because they don't have vocal cords anymore. A sound expert said the EVPs in is video dont leave a human voiceprint, and I am just asking people who have sound expertise to analyze it and give their unbiased opinion. You are not a sound expert, thus your opinion is irrelevant. But spirits can telepathically communicate with the living through dreams. Also, how can you explain the fact that the EVP at 33:05 sounds exactly like Erik when he was alive?

Last edited:
Back