Eye condition makes man hallucinate tapestries and monks

Yeah. If I HAD to put a coin down on either "time travel" or "ghosts" (in some sort of f**ked up alternate world) I'd go for time travel. Maybe we should have a poll? :D

Yeah. If I HAD to put a coin down on either "time travel" or "ghosts" (in some sort of f**ked up alternate world) I'd go for time travel. Maybe we should have a poll? :D

If you're talking about time loops, then I vote for ghosts.

If you're talking about new timelines being created, then I vote for time travel.

Though there's also the possibility "ghosts" are "time travelers" of sorts, just to throw a monkey wrench into the polling process. <<insert appropriate smiley>>

A lot of people are attached to time travel, and get upset when I trounce upon it. I was really just trying to catch a skeptic off balance. In the interest of peace and harmony, I'll just vote for ghosts. :D

Well in theory you can move into the future if you expend a lot of energy to move some matter... and if you return back to see those you left behind... well they get to see someone from their past... lol

A lot of people are attached to time travel, and get upset when I trounce upon it. I was really just trying to catch a skeptic off balance. In the interest of peace and harmony, I'll just vote for ghosts. :D

Oh I wasn't being 100% serious. I just meant time is wonky and we seem to have a rather limited understanding of it.

And who doesn't want to think of Jung as a time traveling adventurer? :-)

I'd put ghosts down before the possibility of traveling to a place that doesn't exist. People have experienced what we call ghosts. And if you ever could travel to the past or future it wouldn't be the past or future. But information transfers/exchanges may be possible, like what one would experience on a holographic environment simulator.

No comparison between ghosts (or apparitions) and time travel (to the past): the question of time travel only consists in if is possible travel to the past, but there is no evidence that there are time travelers. However the question of ghosts is backwards: there is evidence that apparitions both living and deceased even inert objects, so the question is what is the nature of such apparitions. Some cases seem to indicate that the apparitions are spirits of the deceased, ie ghosts, because they have the appearance of a deceased and provide new information for the witness, in other cases it appeared seems to be a residue of the past which is again received by the witness...

I think that the closest to time travel that you're going to get is that the past and the future can be viewed by a Nostradamus or someone with significant psychic ability in that particular area. In some ways the future is easy to see. I predict that someday hybrid cars will be all the rage, China will announce an Environmental Protection Agency, and aliens will be caught red handed trying to abduct a motorist.

Back