First comprehensive academic survey of alien contact experience. Please continue to ignore|308|

Alex

Administrator
First comprehensive academic survey of alien contact experience. Please continue to ignore|308|
by Alex Tsakiris | Mar 15 | Others

Researcher Mary Rodwell discusses FREE’s first comprehensive survey of alien contact experience.

photo by: Chris Radcliff
When I was a kid I was a terrible reader. Maybe I had a little dyslexia, I don’t know, but I sure hated reading. None the less, many of the books I read stuck with me. One of them was a short story by Edgar Allan Poe “The Purloined Letter.” It’s a story about a blackmailer trying to hide a letter from Edgar Allan Poe’s famous Detective Dupin. His trick is to hide the letter in plain sight along with the other letters on his desk. I was thinking about this story while preparing for today’s interview with alien contact researcher Mary Rodwell because alien contact is a phenomena that despite the hundreds of movies, television shows and book about the topic remains hidden — particularly from science.

How does one reveal that which is hidden in plain sight? Maybe the same way that Edgar Allan Poe’s Detective Dupin it in the “Purloined Letter.” Look in the obvious places. That’s what today’s guest Mary Rodwell and the group at FREE (The Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial Encounters has done. They marshaled a group of well-qualified academics (including a Harvard physicists and highly regarded psychology professor) to compile the first comprehensive, academic-quality research survey into alien contact. The results, although challenging, may be a first step towards revealing that which has been hidden in plain sight. I hope you enjoy my interview with Mary Rodwell.

——————–

Alex Tsakiris: People understand the passion that you feel about this and really the common sense approach that you’ve taken to saying, this is happening. It’s been addressed by these highly respected people. We have every reason to believe that it’s true but then they look around and say, but Mary, if this is true the implications of this would be so enormous that this would be the most researched topic in the world, bar none. It’s the most important topic for our species so of course it would be the researched. Then they look at the research and there’s virtually none. How do you address that?

Mary Rodwell: Look, it’s understandable. I think I would be saying the same thing. This is the most important issue for mankind: are we alone? And if we’re not why don’t we know about it? And then you have to, unfortunately for many who struggle with that, you have to look at the truth embargo. And you have to understand the basis of that truth embargo.

Alex's question at the end of the interview:

Is there sufficient evidence to accept the fact that alien contact with humans has occurred?

Glad you are still doing shows about the UFO issue. I do find Rodwell's interpretation to be a tad literal. I think someone who is also approaching much the same the subject from a rigorous standpoint is Jeffery Kripal. Especially in his latest book co-written with Strieber. Their's is a much less literal approach. On their end, something is most certainly happening and most certainly has something to do with consciousness. But. They separate the "what" that happened from the underlying reality behind the "what". Yes, Whitley and many others have had extraordinary experiences and it is fantastic and due diligence is required to collect that information regarding the "what happened" and compare that across the board. Kripal is doing that work in a very scholarly manner. But they both agree that it is way too early to say what is the actual reality that is driving these experiences.

Grasping onto different species of aliens coming from different planets and tinkering with our DNA frankly sounds childish next to the kind of work that Kripal has been doing for many years. And I know you have had him on the show. Perhaps it is time to have him on again.

One last nit-pick, if I may. Rodwell says that most UFO researchers are interested in the nuts and bolts? Really? Who is she following, Stanton Friedman? Does he even adhere to a nuts and bolts approach any longer? I listen to a ton of podcasts on UFOs and I can't remember the last time I heard someone talk about nuts and bolts craft. Why not interview Red Pill on this subject. I think you will get a much more nuanced, much more skeptically balanced view.

And while I am here--the subject of young people's ideas about being aliens just kind of rubs me the wrong way. There is also an entire counter-culture of people, who I assume are young, who feel like they are various animals, both real and mythical that have been born into a human body. They dream at night of being dragons and blue tigers and all sorts of things.

And finally, this whole subject very much ties into the thread I created today about Kyle Odom. He had a deep OBE while in meditation and met a blue being and got a download. And he was very much changed afterward. At first he felt very much smarter and saw all sorts of obvious patterns in reality that he hadn't consider before. All very much NDE/Alien download like, right? Then he began to think he was being gang-stalked by reptilians and shot a pastor 11 times. This was very recently in the news. What would he tell us if Jacobs or Rodwell "regressed" him. I'll bet I can guess.

So. Anyway. It is a VERY complex subject with a ton of nuance. And I'm glad Rodwell is doing her surveys and such. But I think a good bit of the subtlety passes her quite by.

Thanks for this show Alex. It almost seems like it was done just for me, at a time when I've begun research into psychedelics and UFOS. I find myself chomping at the bit for morsels of info, pieces of the puzzle, but I don't think we will ever fully comprehend the phenomenon in our current understanding of reality and consciousness or even in our current evolutionary state. I love the notion of the mystery, but that doesn't mean it's a problem to be solved. The mystery is just the one great aspect that we inherently know ties us all together.

Great interview and this is a fantastically interesting subject that touches literally everything in the "alternative" world. It is apparent to me that at least these things must be true:

1) we are not the supreme conscious beings in the universe. Wherever we are, we will always find ourselves in the middle - those above us and those below us. Perhaps our ultimate divine nature which we have temporarily forgotten resides above it all, but right here and now we find ourselves within a hierarchy of authority and levels of myth. Presumably we are here by agreement - or perhaps we were deceived into this agreement.

2) there is a battle over the narrative regarding aliens. Just like the West and Russia and ISIS are battling over the narrative regarding what is really going on in Syria and Ukraine and who are really the good guys and bad guys, so powerful entities also seem to be battling for control over the public perceptions regarding what is really happening regarding aliens. The human element would obviously like to use the alien narrative to do what it always does - consolidate power and centralize control. It has been repeated by many world leaders that "wouldn't it be nice" if there was an outside alien threat to get us to stop squabbling over turf and come together under a single global government. I'm sure plans have been sketched up over the years for a fake alien invasion for this purpose. I think it is highly likely that there are "good" and "bad" aliens at play and they might each be running campaigns against the other to control public perception ("and there was war in heaven..."). Maybe some good aliens provided some insight and healings and then bad aliens want to turn people against them so they come in behind and drive that same person mad and drive him to shoot a pastor thereby causing the public to fear meditation, healings, and anything the good aliens did - a false flag. There seem to be nested layers of deception and controls upon us, and perhaps this is like levels of a game. As soon as you beat one level, you're on to the next one and this keeps things fresh and interesting.

BTW, I love the photo above... graffiti - meme replication - and a play of light and shadow creating an illusory reality superimposed over "real" reality that altogether symbolizes what is apparently a reality for perhaps millions of "experiencers".

3) We must be some kind of resource and we are farmed or hunted. Perhaps our emotional energy is a delicacy. "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8) This doesn't mean our alien owners are necessarily all bad... some farmers are extremely compassionate towards the creatures they raise for meat. As a bare minimum each of us represents a volitional unit of power. By controlling narrative, volitional power units are acquired and controlled. The author of the script has the authority. "Fear is the mind killer" and as long as we do not give in to it, this could be a thrilling story.

Last edited:
3) We must be some kind of resource and we are farmed or hunted. Perhaps our emotional energy is a delicacy. "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8) This doesn't mean our alien owners are necessarily all bad... some farmers are extremely compassionate towards the creatures they raise for meat. As a bare minimum each of us represents a volitional unit of power. By controlling narrative, volitional power units are acquired and controlled. The author of the script has the authority. "Fear is the mind killer" and as long as we do not give in to it, this could be a thrilling story.
interesting... maybe... but maybe the spiritual aspect of this is at play in ways we don't totally understand. If we accept that we're all hybrids already (sounds crazy until you really look at the evidence and allow yourself to wonder a bit) and you throw in the "between lives" research you have a situation where we may be choosing to be a part of this grand play in ways that we normally don't think about.

interesting... maybe... but maybe the spiritual aspect of this is at play in ways we don't totally understand. If we accept that we're all hybrids already (sounds crazy until you really look at the evidence and allow yourself to wonder a bit) and you throw in the "between lives" research you have a situation where we may be choosing to be a part of this grand play in ways that we normally don't think about.

Aren't we now making human animal hybrids? If we're currently mixing our DNA with that of our food... Couldn't the aliens have done the same?

Edit: here's an example:
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE75F10K20110616

But yes I agree it is baffling and difficult to tell what the truth is...

I think that possibly the truth about the situation might not be fully determined...like a telltale game...perhaps as we are figuring it out, it is being determined almost democratically such that the competing narratives are actually not only for control over the present but also the past... Maybe we're just starting to write episode 6 and the prequels haven't even been written yet?

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." - George Orwell

Last edited:
Hmmmm...what are the chances that an alien intelligence (whether physical beings or of some other definitions) developed the same moral understanding as humans?:)

I think there is a good chance. Sensing beings are likely to feel pain and pleasure. Intelligent beings must have imagination. Put the two together and at least some of them must develop empathy and I think empathy is the foundation for most morality. I also think it's worth noting that in the Genesis creation myth which probably traces back to Babylonia, "The Gods" said that when man and woman gained the knowledge of good and evil they became like them.

I think that possibly the truth about the situation might not be fully determined...like a telltale game...perhaps as we are figuring it out, it is being determined almost democratically such that the competing narratives are actually not only for control over the present but also the past... Maybe we're just starting to write episode 6 and the prequels haven't even been written yet?
yeah... you're right... I mean, the time dimension takes things in a whole different direction. I know of several mystics/psychics who have said almost exactly what you're saying about multiple simultaneous timelines.

All these things, when you add DMT and other powerful substances into the mix, become evident that they are processed through the limited scope of human perception, that we really have no contextual reference point. Thus, truly 'alien '. We generate some good ideas, but our material senses, cultural background, and probably most of all our language which is completely insufficient to be able to convey the heavier psychedelic experiences, filter this information in a way that leaves us with only the most minimal taste of it. I like the idea of DMT allowing a glance at the blueprints but it is quite literally indescribable and whatever the reason, after the session, one returns with a sort of amnesia about it.

I'm not arguing against anyone's ideas here as I don't believe anyone can be wrong in this subject, just hoping to stir the pot a bit to generate some unique insights from the great folks here. Everyone's perspective is correct when contemplating the idea of an infinite number of universes within universes within an infinite number of parallel realities each with an infinite timeline supporting infinite consciousness.

Are UFOS the physical manifestation of a greater or lesser focus of altered human consciousness? Are they glimpses from beyond the Great Wall, only seen when there are rips and fissures in the Veil? Can one affect the Veil by deliberate acts - from both sides? Is there perhaps an evolution of consensus reality, maybe a living being itself, just as there is genetic evolution? Could nuts and bolts UFOS be a type of holographic camouflage of something more fantastic that our minds cannot comprehend?

Could reptilians run the White House?;)

That was a great interview!

Alex, I wasn't completely sure when Mary referred to NDE's and OBE's, whether these were something that formed part of the alien contact experience, or were triggered later.

I guess to me, the main question to ask, is whether UFO phenomena are best viewed as another aspect of other psychic phenomena. Certainly I was already making the link with DMT as I listened - and then you made that comparison yourself.

David

You could wear a fascist armband!
Well I like the fact that Trump speaks plain English, and the fact that he seems less inclined to continue the cold war with Russia/Putin. I also like the fact that he doesn't want the US to be the World's policeman any more. Does that justify your comment?
Also, are all the Americans who voted for him fascists?

(If you want to continue, we probably need to remove this discussion to "Other Stuff").

David

Aww jeez you mention reptilians and a political debate begins!

Are the any other Skeptiko shows I should check out that touch on UFOS relating to the idea of consciousness?

From what I can tell, Trump is quite different, I might even vote for him if I were a US citizen.

David

Please tell me you're joking. I am dismayed at the political views of psi proponents at times. With what it suggests about our reality, how connected we all are, we shouldn't be attracted to the type of views people like Trump espouse IMO.

The guy is pretty much a hate preacher, why would you want a world where somebody like Trump is in charge? He encourages violence at his rallies, makes racist or prejudiced comments regularly, and encourages people to blame minorities or immigrants for their problems.

Edit: Sorry if that comes across as unnecessarily aggressive, I just think we need to start moving past the kind of thinking Trump promotes. Do you see a contradiction between what psi/afterlife research suggests and the sort of views and policies that Trump is putting forward?

Last edited:
Please tell me you're joking. I am dismayed at the political views of psi proponents at times. With what it suggests about our reality, how connected we all are, we shouldn't be attracted to the type of views people like Trump espouse IMO.

The guy is pretty much a hate preacher, why would you want a world where somebody like Trump is in charge? He encourages violence at his rallies, makes racist or prejudiced comments regularly, and encourages people to blame minorities or immigrants for their problems.
Well, as I say, I haven't followed him in depth, but I do think the West should cooperate with Russia and not make an enemy out of President Putin.

Trump is very cautious about Muslim extremism, and he has said that we need to understand why they hate us - because let's face it, some do. Hundreds of young British Muslims went to fight for ISIS in Syria! About 120 your Parisians lost their lives because the EU was ready to let people in un-checked.

I think we have all become used to politically correct speech which ends up needing to be decoded (or doesn't mean much at all), that hearing things discussed directly comes as something of a shock. I think if we are ever to deal with Muslim extremism we do need to rethink a lot of things. We assumed that Iraq was chock full of people yearning for democracy, and then surprise surprise, they weren't! Then we made the same mistake in Syria, and needed the Russians to stabilise the place again! We also made that mistake in Lybia, and turned it into a failed state. The inhabitants of all three countries have suffered greatly from the West's nativity (born in part of political correctness) about Muslim society.

I also think national borders are not such a bad thing. For one thing, they help to contain criminality. Lots of countries control who enters their territory!

David

Back