Forum Borealis has become a goto podcast of mine. It was really cool chatting with Al.

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Alex, May 29, 2017.

1. malf

malf Member

Have you listened to the interview? We can only speculate why Alex thought their religious beliefs were important enough to bring up and as we've established, there's nothing wrong with speculation.

Hurmanetar likes this.
  2. malf

malf Member

When 'materialist' researchers fail to replicate psi studies, their prior beliefs and biases are cited as reasons for that failure by proponents of psi. Perhaps we are just more forgiving of those whose biases align with our own?

Bucky and Brian_the_bard like this.
  3. Alex

Alex New

because some Fundy Atheists incorrectly assume NDE researchers like Jeff Long and Pim Van Lommel are driven by a religious agenda when they clearly are not.

Ian Gordon likes this.
  4. Bucky

Bucky Member

Glad you finally have discovered warm water :)

5. Bucky

Bucky Member

I have.
    Did you not see post #73?

6. Bucky

Bucky Member

Well, when the goal of your research is to study specific experiences what else could you do?
    Surely, in terms of rigorous academic research you can find better work such as that of Greyson, Fenwick etc... Still, I am not sure why this should be discounted as "just stories". That's basically the best you can get if you want to learn about people's experiences anyway.

To the best of my knowledge, no.

Trancestate likes this.