Future Interviews

I'm well aware that Michael Prescott was already invited to Skeptiko and that he declined. But now it's been a while and maybe he would change his mind if was asked again? I, for one, would be fascinated to hear him on Skeptiko!

Now that we are back to UFOs as a topic, it would be great to get Jacques Vallee on the show. He's been doing talks and interviews on the subject in the past year...

Where?

His website gives a mailing address in California as contact information.

Does he require hand written letters and interviews to be done by telegraph as well? Please.

Alex, you said in a recent podcast you'd do a revisit of crop circles. If you haven't chosen your guest yet, I think circle maker Matthew Williams would be an interesting, über-knowledgeable skeptical voice and critic of the crop circle researchers. And he's repeatedly said in his videos that despite his view that all crop circles are probably man-made, he's experienced psi phenomena around them, and in one video I also heard him say he believes there's an afterlife. So definitely not your typical, predictable "Skeptic".

Last edited:
Reactions: K9!
Alex,

I strenuously recommend David Ray Griffin as a Skeptiko guest. His scholarship covers a lot of ground including theology, philosophy of mind, parapsychology, you name it.

He's also authored 10 books on 9/11... If you're interested, I'll of course do the initial leg work. Just let me know, boss.

I'd like to suggest a future interview with Lorna Byrne (www.lornabyrne.com). For those who don't know, she's an Irish Catholic who not only had two NDEs, but says that since she was little, she's been able to see and talk with angels, exactly as she would with you and me. I know this is way into the spirituality side of Skeptiko than the science side, but as angels are mentioned prominently across the three Abrahamic religions, have been witnessed in several NDEs (eg Howard Storm), yet seem to have rarely been covered on this show, it could open up new areas for Alex and us to explore, as well as hopefully possible scientific applications.

Also, while I'm here, may I suggest a future interview with Bob Olson of Afterlife TV (http://www.afterlifetv.com )? For those who don't know, Bob hosts a show which is like a more spiritual version of Skeptiko,and also is webmaster for a database of ranked psychics and mediums, which Im sure someone like Alex or Dr. Julie Beischel would find inttriguing. ATV appears to be focused on actual applications of spiritual phenomena in our lives rather than building the hard data base on the paranormal that Skeptiko aims for, so it seems the two shows complement each other, and I think Alex and Bob would have a good and lively exchange of information.

Or, you know, whatever. I'm a sky-bison, not a matchmaker.

An interview with Tam Hunt would be great. He's a panpsychist, has written essays on this topic that are assembled in one great book. He has also worked with Dean Radin on the burning man project.

Interview: http://www.funkzonepodcast.com/?p=116.
His book: http://www.amazon.com/Eco-Ego-Eros-Philosophy-Spirituality-ebook/dp/B00I1XCHKY/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1419393585&sr=1-1&keywords=Tam Hunt, Eco, Ego, Eros

(BTW I am radicalpolitik, I lost my old password)
looks interesting... but what would you want to ask him that he hasn't already said?

looks interesting... but what would you want to ask him that he hasn't already said?

Good question. I guess it would be just interesting for someone who is a panpsychist to appear on the show. I know we've had one at least, (Christof Koch). He's also pretty skeptical of survival research, which might add an interesting dimension, as he definitely sees consciousness as something fundamental. Another point is that it's nice to have a philosopher on the show every so often who isn't completely in line with the current consensus.

Back