George Hanson "trickster and the paranormal" : A breakthrough

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by loka, Jun 6, 2015.

1. loka

loka New

That was in 2003. While I was driving i fell asleep. Then, I've seen in a dream the joker or the trickster character. He urged me to wake up and to change the direction of my car. Without his help i would have had the accident.

This year, i'm writing a book on my experiences and others in my entourage also.

I was searching about the "trickster" signification.

I found it.

Jung first called it an archetype, expecially the archetype of change.

Now i've juste found George Henson's book : "The Trickster and the Paranormal".

Before going forward, I wanted to know if you knew this work ?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Bro's Badass Neighbor likes this.
  2. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    I thought I had, but googled it and realized I hadn't. I have read the book that it gets paired with on amazon: Synchronicity: Through the Eyes of Science, Myth, and the Trickster . . . I greatly enjoyed the book, though it's been several years since I read it and couldn't comment on it's content being so long ago. This is partly to say I'm very interested in all things Trickster, so keep us updated on your book and what you think of the Hanson book if you read it.

3. Bro's Badass Neighbor

Bro's Badass Neighbor New

Hi Lola, it's supposed to be really good. Craig Weiler has a copy. I've been meaning to get it for awhile now (thanks for the reminder :0)
    Anyway, Craig mentioned something to the point that it was one of the most extensively researched parapsychology books he's read- something like that. If I recall, Hansen took many years to write it. Sounds like it'd be an excellent text in the history of parapsych...

Reece likes this.
  4. loka

loka New

it's thought provoking... I don't agree with everything he said (i only heard his radio interviews) but some things are just..."right".

it's a breakthrough even if (the author recognizes himself) the concept can't explain everything... It just shows how and when the paranormal events arise. And it's what i like.

for example, paranormal likely occurs when there is a change in someone's life. It's true. I've received 50 testimonies for my book and the 3 stories with a hanted house was when the people were leaving this house.

Also, paranormal events also occurs when death in a family will or has come.

Since my own experience showed me in dream this trickster figure without any reason in 2003, i search the reason.

as a coincidence, now that i finalize my book i've found it.

I will publish some extracts here (translated from french).

My personal interpretation is that we live in a shared dream.

The paranormal events are just tricksters to show us this simple fact : we live in a dream...

For example, there is right now a fantastic paranormal fact clearly visible in our world.

I will talk about it more clearly here in few months...

Some people are aware of it... Others don't. And others deny it. A perfect trickster.

5. Saiko

Saiko Member

loka likes this.
  6. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    Yes. And the same is true with travel: the constant change seems to induce synchronicity and paranormality.

A pet theory of mine on psychedelics is that they induce such intensely paranormal happenings not for any reason other than the fact they facilitate a form of travel . . . A shift from normality.

LoneShaman and loka like this.
  7. Bro's Badass Neighbor

Sounds fascinating. I very much look forward to the extracts! I'm definitely with you on the shared dream part (though I'm not really certain myself if it is indeed a shared dream. My multiple days-long amphetamine binges really hit home the dream part however.

I'll keep an eye out for your return. Will you be posting your ideas within this very thread?-- then I'll just make sure to follow it by email notifications. I only mention it because I'm done with this forum because Craig Weiler hurt my feelings like 20 times in one hour this afternoon. I can't take any more abuse. He's a bully.

8. loka

loka New

Reece : you are absolutely right.

I've live 2 weird synchronicities while travelling. Each Time it was the same road. It was Paris-My Home (300 Km so 200 miles). Each time i went to Paris to see a medium.

We put the finger on something there...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Reece likes this.
  9. Bro's Badass Neighbor

The explanation as to why synchrons are more likely to be experienced while traveling has a very-- fortunately or unfortunately-- reasonable, not-too-mysterious explanation. But it is indeed for the same reason one might be more likely to experience synchons on psychedelics. It's simply about vigilance- new data thru the senses, more processing, greater flow rate of information... if you see what I mean.

Reece likes this.
  10. loka

loka New

I dont see how the brain could create synchronistic events in these particular situations. Is it what you mean ? Why would matter fit unconscious or conscious data of the person ? In general and in these situations ?

11. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    Yeah . . . I have to kinda think on it a minute . . . though I'm still inclined to think there's more at play . . . I've had what I believe to be telepathic experiences on (a couple hits of) LSD that, to my thinking, defy orthodox explanation of any kind . . . I'm gonna refrain from details for personal reasons . . .

But one example of a traveling synchronicity would be this: I was living back home in Arkansas in my early twenties. I took yearly trips to nowhere; just left and kinda drove where the fuck I wanted. I drove to New Hampshire and Maine and messed around then decided to drive to Baton Rouge. I had a few friends living there. I had never been before. I saw the Barnes & Noble on I10 and stopped. A girl I hung out with and knew well from Arkansas was in there with her mom. I considered this quite strange: running into someone from back home in an entirely new place. Me and her are, oddly, married now. This happening was about 17/18 years ago. We hooked up about 8 years ago and got married - impulsive elopement - two weeks later in Taos. There were crazy, incredible synchronicities on that trip out west which I'd rather not divulge online.

I actually have another "meet someone you know in a huge city you're never in story" that I could tell . . .

(I'll actually be driving from Portland to Los Angeles starting Monday . . . I'll be sure to report any strange, synchronistic happenings.)

Bro's Badass Neighbor, Typoz and loka like this.
  12. Typoz

Typoz Member

I think one aspect of travelling is that it introduces the possibility of spontaneity. In a familiar locality we tend to be creatures of habit, often travelling the same route with regularity, and it might take something fairly large to cause us to go a different way. But in an unknown (or even relatively unfamiliar) location, one may choose on a whim to do something unexpected, not only in choice of route, but also in when to stop and look around. We might call these things random choices, but I think it could be argued that under these circumstances we are open to what might be called intuition - though that doesn't offer any kind of explanation, it merely suggests that we are able to act in a natural and uninhibited manner, which is not the same as randomness.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  13. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    We're more apt to be present and not hopelessly lost in our heads.

Typoz and loka like this.
  14. manjit

manjit New

Hi Loka, I think this book is a must read by anyone interested in the areas of the paranormal.

It was hugely beneficial to me, providing me with my own "breakthrough".

If I had to compile a list of 10 or 20 most influential or life-changing books I've ever read in my life (and, errrm, I've read huge amounts!) this would surely be up there. Of the last 5 or so years, probably at the top, actually.

If we look at things "energetically", we are all at different points of our life journey, and we come up against different "blocks" and "knots" of energy at those points. There is something about Hansen's book which helped blow some of those knots apart for me. But, beware, this is not your average, linear, "rational" sort of book, it works at a different level imo. Which is how all great books do, seeing as "being" is neither linear or rational :)

The Skeptiko podcast, Dean Radin's books, Chris Carter's books etc were also all helpful, but The Trickster and the Paranormal was something else for me.

Reece and loka like this.
  15. loka

loka New

From my french point of view i can see that paranormal study in USA is trapped between pro and con. It is not the case here in France. There isńt a war. It´s calm here.

Reece and Typoz like this.
  16. Typoz

Typoz Member

I like this - in Britain there is a strong back-and-forth exchange of ideas across the Atlantic, and though we are very very close to other European countries, the language difference probably allows things to grow and emerge somewhat independently, which I think is a good thing.

17. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    To be fair, I don't think there's as much of a debate war as it might appear on the surface; I think most people here, like elsewhere, naturally believe in psi, it's just that our scientistic overlords have a greater platform . . . (and will pop us on the tush if we get out of line!)

18. Bro's Badass Neighbor

I'm not sure what the hell I meant. I'm trying to figure that out at the moment.

19. Bro's Badass Neighbor

Yes, exactly. That's always been my impression too. Just as an example, I have to this day never met (knowingly) or have known a single individual I could call a strong materialist, or "skeptic" for that matter. I think they only exist within certain places in academia; and on the internet of course.

Reece likes this.
  20. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    Another thought, in agreement with you: sometimes while riding around the town I live in or walking around the neighborhood, I make a conscious effort to look at things, somewhat afresh. I'm almost always amazed at what I notice . . . Things that have always been there. The other day I noticed a house a street over from me that's considerably quaint and cool. I've lived in that neighborhood for three years this month and driven/walked/biked down that street innumerable times yet had never once consciously noticed that house. It's almost embarrassing . . . walking around half asleep for three years.