George Hanson "trickster and the paranormal" : A breakthrough

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by loka, Jun 6, 2015.

1. LoneShaman

LoneShaman Member

Very interesting.

The trickster is a regular archetype within the DMT experience. Very common.

I often play with the thought that the reason we produce DMT endogenously is to facilitate our shared psychedelic experience of this reality. It is a dream.

Bucky, loka and Reece like this.
  2. Bucky

Bucky Member

In the Tarot cards "The trickster" or "The magician" or "Il bagatto" is card number 1.

Number one, the boss... interesting ... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magician_(Tarot_card)

ETA: Btw, interesting book the "Trickster and the paranormal". I am very tempted...
    They say "don't judge a book by its cover"... but who the heck designed that hideous cover, anyway?! :eek::eek:

loka likes this.
  3. Bucky

Bucky Member

Check this interview out:

Hurmanetar and loka like this.
  4. loka

loka New

Thanks I didn't know. Any article on the presence of the Trickster in DMT experiencers ?

Now you talk about this, I remember that I was on a High Dosage of Antidepressant and Coffee at the same Time.

That's why I fell asleep while driving.

PS : why the word P.A.X.I.L is forbidden on this Board ?

5. Bucky

Bucky Member

Hmmm... I don't know about that, it seems DMT opens the door to other dreams...

6. loka

loka New

7. LoneShaman

LoneShaman Member

I only know from being involved and from talking to others about there experiences. Often appearing along with circus type motiffs.

I think for the most part the trickster mocks those parts of ourselves we take so seriously, the egoic delusions, the stupid things we obsess over and things about ourselves we hide. Both rediculous and wise he helps to cut down barriers for change by teasing out and playing the fool. Likewise other visionary icons seem to do the same, with diferent methods. Ie the serpents and jaguars of ayahuasca visions.

8. LoneShaman

LoneShaman Member

Neither do I Bucky. It is something that niggles in the background of the experience. Perhaps it is better to say that whatever it is there for is actually very important for our waking conscious experience as well. I am much more confident of that in those terms.

Bucky and loka like this.
  9. loka

loka New

the fact is that even people not under DMT or Mushroom can see the Trickster.

Even Better, the trickster can save a Life (in my case).

It's like i just understood the profound meaning of what I saw.

12 Years after...

LoneShaman likes this.
  10. loka

loka New

In my case, the trickster appeared from behind Red rideaux (dont remember the translation in english) on a theater stage. Then slowly he shaked his head. He was "watching me watching him". Then he urged me to change my direction. I wake up and did exactly what he showed to me. Hé didńt talk.

11. loka

loka New

What i would like to know :

Do we create these archetypes ?
    Or these archetypes like the trickster are already there as soon as we are born ?
    And how is it possible that this archetype acts like a person with his Own will ?

hypermagda likes this.
  12. E.Flowers

E.Flowers New

Spambots.

On the topic, what would you say that is the relationship between synchronicity and times of crisis according to this concept?

loka likes this.
  13. loka

loka New

Good question : in my experience, definitely, synchronicity rather play with me during these periods.

Sometimes before the crisis. I even dont know that there will be a crisis soon but synchronicity knocks my door already.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  14. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    After seeing the rave reviews here, just bought the Kindle version on Amazon...

Reece likes this.
  15. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    Yeah, I just ordered the paperback.

16. E.Flowers

E.Flowers New

Precisely. I begin to note patterns as some sort of herald, sometimes days before. At first I questioned my own sanity, so I began recording them for future verification.

17. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    Only a couple chapters in but very good so far. I'm anticipating many epiphanies and paradigm casserole seasonings from this book. :)

Bucky likes this.
  18. bsanch123

bsanch123 Member

19. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    Oh boy!

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  20. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    A fresh idea gleaned from this: a nuance to authority.

Around 1:05 The three types of authority hierarchies:
    1) the sprawling bureaucracy
    2) the smaller tribal hierarchy
    3) the charismatic

This jumped out to me because of the recent NDE thread where the OP suggested Indian Hindu NDE's were more hellish... while I don't see that, what I did see was more of a bureaucratic take on the afterlife hierarchy whereas perhaps the Western/Christian version is more like the Charismatic type?

I'm sure there's no rigid boundaries there, but the Hindu mindset seems to be geared towards large scales (million year long cycles and masses of beings reincarnating almost infinitely) and together with the close packed high population of modern India perhaps results in the "bureaucratic" overlay on the authority hierarchy. Whereas Christianity is a shorter (6000 years) more personal story centered around the charisma of its central figure... which might lead to the charismatic authority overlay - a Camelot type city rather than a Bombay?