Getting rid of ghosts?

S

Sciborg_S_Patel

A friend claims his house his haunted.

Any advice on what he should do?

Well my aunt had a similar problem, and her solution can basically be summarized in two easy steps.

Step 1.
B16%2Bwith%2BCrucifix%255B1%255D.JPG

Step 2.
home-for-sale-sign.jpg

What is he experiencing... if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah.

Generally speaking though, bringing in a psychic to identify what it might be could help. Perhaps a solution will flow from a reading like that.

Perhaps a local paranormal team would be willing to ascertain whether there is something there or not. All depending.

If this is without a doubt a haunting and everything else is ruled out, there is 3 methods that people often use, and they use it in this wrong order. They should have started, and ended with nr3.

1) Doing some smudging with sage, or having a priest or cleric blessing the house would only make the problem go away for a few days or so. But then it will come back with a vengeance and be more intense and draining than ever before.

2) Having a ghosbusters-team there will do exactly.....f*ck all.
I mean, they get something on film, or get an EVP etc, what good will that do to help your friend in the end? The problem is still there after they're gone.

3) One thing that often help, is to find a psychic/medium who are good on helping souls crossing over. If your friend can get hold of one who isn't a sham - and who have a reputation of doing this before with satisfactory result - your friend might get rid of the problem without having to sell the house.

But before doing anything of this - make sure it is a haunting, and not just fear and erroneous interpretations of something with normal natural causes.

Last edited:
Call the TAPS paranormal investigation team. Assuming your friend lives in the US.

Or call any committed, local paranormal investigation group. Most charge nothing; just requires you to inconvenience yourself for a night or two.

I think the best method has not been proposed yet. It would be to document as thoroughly as possible everything that has happened and will happen in future. Probably there would be two results: the possible phenomena will grow weaker and perhaps we could get new evidence for psi.

Unless it's an apparition that's scaring people, or creating a bad atmosphere or behaving maliciously, I'd ask it politely but firmly to go away. It works in some cases.

I think the best method has not been proposed yet. It would be to document as thoroughly as possible everything that has happened and will happen in future. Probably there would be two results: the possible phenomena will grow weaker and perhaps we could get new evidence for psi.

Just to play devils advocate a bit, but in some cases attempting to collect your own evidence might result in evoking something or providing a portal for something. Know that's pretty vague but not something to play with usually is all.

Unless it's an apparition that's scaring people, or creating a bad atmosphere or behaving maliciously, I'd ask it politely but firmly to go away. It works in some cases.

Yes. I always assume that's been done already; but perhaps not in this case.

attempting to collect your own evidence might result in evoking something or providing a portal for something. Know that's pretty vague but not something to play with usually is all.
I completely agree with this. Psi phenomena can be fascinating, but it is not something to goof around with out of idle curiosity.

AP

Thanks, I'll tell him to try asking politely. I don't live near him so I can't confirm any of this, and even he isn't 100% sure there's anything real to it but wants to take some precautions just in case.

But whether real or not I think the important thing is getting him & family peace of mind.

So here's the basic story (I'm changing some identifying info, and cutting out extraneous stuff):

So I kinda think my house is haunted, though the ghost or whatever seems harmless. It started right after we first moved into our new house. My now-three-year-old was still sleeping in bed with us so what would end up being his room started off as my office.

The first thing I noticed is how it felt like someone was looking at me. Eyes on the back of my neck...after a few months I took the computer to the living room just because I didn't like sitting in that room.

Then some small things started happening. My wife and her sister were the first to hear it one night...They heard a woman's voice. A few days later my wife and I would hear it. Reminds me of someone talking through a CB radio...

...As I was walking out of that office room and back into the bathroom a shadow stepped into the hallway right in front of me. Now, the entire house was dark but this shadow was like pitch black in the darkness and clearly in the shape of a person. My heart just and I turned on the light. Nothing, maybe I just imagined it?

That was the most major event that happened so far. We still hear a voice sometimes and ironically if we're watching something scary at night (The Walking Dead, sometimes Supernatural) on the computer-hooked-up-to-television the computer's mouse pointer on screen will move. Not the mouse itself but the pointer. Not a lot, maybe just centimeters but I notice it every time now. The mouse pointer moves, like someone wants to stop watching...

...It got quiet for a while until very recently. We've had trouble getting the three-year-old to sleep in his room - he refuses unless one of us sits in there with him until he passes out, and even then most of the time he sneaks back into bed with us at some point. We tried to get our daughter to switch rooms with him and she absolutely refused but wouldn't say why. Just got really pale and shook her head no so hard she looked like she was having a fit...

About two weeks ago...put him in his bed, read him his story, sang a song and was standing in the doorway wishing him goodnight but he was sitting up in bed holding his arms out to me but staring at my right shoulder with a kind of panicked look on his face...I turned to my right, looked at nothing and growled, "Get the fuck away from here." Almost instantly my kid sighed a sigh of relief, laid down and went right to sleep...

Last week this exchange happened. He was doing the potty dance and asked me to go to the bathroom with him. "I gotta poop!" he said. "Okay," I replied, "Go poop. Let me know when you're done."

"No Daddy, come with me," he said.

"Why?"

"The person who looks under the door at me won't go away."

Shivers down my freaking spine.

And then just last night...He's playing in his room and talking to a couple of his stuffed animals when he suddenly shouts, "NO! This is my bedroom, that is your hallway. You stay out there!"

Again, shivers down my freaking spine.

As I said, it appears harmless besides making us uncomfortable. But still, probably going to buy some sage to burn this weekend.

I wouldn't worry about burning sage. I would start off just asking her not to scare the kids. And then ask her if there is anything she needs help with that you could do for her and see what happens. She may be going to them because they can see her and you can't. But if you talk to her and set some boundaries, she may leave the kids alone.

... he isn't 100% sure there's anything real to it but wants to take some precautions just in case.

Too often, parents interest in things that go bump puts a measure of fear into the young'uns. I've had several messages with parents who say they're freaking out because their kids are freaking out. Basically, I tell them to get a grip.

Doesn't seem to be the case here; it does describe typical child behavior. One of the best remedies, besides being calm and upbeat about the whole thing, is to have the parent fill a small squirt bottle with water and "present" it to the child as a monster repellant. Some ceremony or labeling via the home printer may help. :)

Document everything. Times, dates, exactly where events occurred, temperatures, open windows, was the hvac running, all of it. People generally drive themselves batty, the documentation does not.

Among other things, what is the age of the house, condition and location of the wiring. Older homes may have the electrical service grounded to the plumbing. Since humans are sensitive to electromagnetic fields, we could feel an undetermined source of anxiety around bathrooms in these cases.

If I remember the frequency correctly, a 9hz wave will also create a sense of uneasiness. Could come from the HVAC or a fan.

There's a lot of wannabe ghost hunters out there skulking around with K2 meters who don't have a clue, let alone interacting brain tissue. If you go this route, be very critical. Start with asking them for the paperwork to see if they're incorporated, bonded and will indemnify the owner in case one of them trips in the dark. Look at their website to see if they're trying to scare people or conduct business.

Mum had to stand guard outside our toilet when I was very little, because of the 'Stair-monster', as I had named it. I would hear heavy clumping footsteps coming up the stairs, getting louder and louder when I was in the loo... that went on for a couple of years or more.

The one night, I woke up right in the middle of my 'Stair-monster' dream! Hearing my blood pounding in my ears... the pounding subsided, and I realized that the 'Stair-monster' was only a dream, and it never affected me again.

Looking back, somehow I had mixed up my waking world, with my dream world. I found that revelation interesting. I've also found that it's far more common than is recognized for small children to experience anxiety centered around the toilet for all manner of reasons...

Just to play devils advocate a bit, but in some cases attempting to collect your own evidence might result in evoking something or providing a portal for something. Know that's pretty vague but not something to play with usually is all.

Making thorough notes of phenomena is not evoking anything. Neither is taking photos or trying to record evoking anything. On the contrary, having psi-phenomena under surveillance often prevents them happening. Even skeptics know that.

Ghost experiences are most often misinterpretations of normal phenomena, self-suggestion or even self-delusion. Otherwise we ought to have a lot of conclusive evidence of ghosts, which unfortunately is not the case, keeping in mind all the innumerable ghost stories and ghost hunters.

Too many people are very scared after experiencing something they have misinterpreted. Beliefs do not help anybody. Getting the phenomena under control gives lasting help and documenting them gives just better control. At the same time one is learning something new about the world.

Making thorough notes of phenomena is not evoking anything. Neither is taking photos or trying to record evoking anything. On the contrary, having psi-phenomena under surveillance often prevents them happening. Even skeptics know that.

Ghost experiences are most often misinterpretations of normal phenomena, self-suggestion or even self-delusion. Otherwise we ought to have a lot of conclusive evidence of ghosts, which unfortunately is not the case, keeping in mind all the innumerable ghost stories and ghost hunters.

Too many people are very scared after experiencing something they have misinterpreted. Beliefs do not help anybody. Getting the phenomena under control gives lasting help and documenting them gives just better control. At the same time one is learning something new about the world.

I get what you're saying. It's not wrong. On the other hand, certain folks have had blowback from attempting to document their cases. Many people get emotionally invested in them once they start getting some feedback from something anomalous. Yes many, probably most, ghost cases are explainable; but that's really the motive of most paranormal groups. Most are not interested in confirming their own biases; many are interested in making sure people get closure, whether they are haunted or not. So in that case they are much better suited at clearing up the issue sooner than later if its an actual bother.

I get what you're saying. It's not wrong. On the other hand, certain folks have had blowback from attempting to document their cases. Many people get emotionally invested in them once they start getting some feedback from something anomalous.

Thank you for your kind answer. I agree that it is not good for the mental health of many people to begin with automatic writing or EVP recordings. But it is then question of their initial beliefs in the spirit world and actively trying to benefit from their activities with it. I meant a passive documenting of the occurrences, to make clear what is really happening.

Yes many, probably most, ghost cases are explainable; but that's really the motive of most paranormal groups. Most are not interested in confirming their own biases; many are interested in making sure people get closure, whether they are haunted or not. So in that case they are much better suited at clearing up the issue sooner than later if its an actual bother.

I am not that optimistic about the "paranormal research" groups. Nearly all of them are lay gullible believers and they do not have enough knowledge about scientific parapsychology, usual psychological phenomena or the technical principles of measuring. You can see that reading their websites. As a matter of fact they have not been able to produce convincing results from their research.

Back