Graham Hancock, Carlson, & Shermer on JRE

I watched it live, I thought Shermer and his Skeptic buddy came off pretty bad, the whole "I put up basically, an attack piece against Mr. Hancock online" was ridiculous, shows the mentality of Shermer and his buddies.
A lot of comments were saying Graham was too emotional but he gets personal/ad hominem attacks quite frequently from so-called Skeptics, I would be extremely defensive as well.

I watched it live, I thought Shermer and his Skeptic buddy came off pretty bad, the whole "I put up basically, an attack piece against Mr. Hancock online" was ridiculous, shows the mentality of Shermer and his buddies.
A lot of comments were saying Graham was too emotional but he gets personal/ad hominem attacks quite frequently from so-called Skeptics, I would be extremely defensive as well.

Yeah, in my opinion, Shermer and his operating tactics are very much laid bare.

Have you (or anyone else) read much of Hancock's material? I'm wondering which book to start with. I mean, I know there's Fingerprint's, but it seems he may've backed off of some of that so I hesitate to start with it. Any suggestions, anyone?

Have you (or anyone else) read much of Hancock's material? I'm wondering which book to start with. I mean, I know there's Fingerprint's, but it seems he may've backed off of some of that so I hesitate to start with it. Any suggestions, anyone?

I never read any of his books but I've watched plenty of interviews and a lot of his YouTube videos. I suppose I would start with either Fingerprints of the Gods or his newish book Magicians of the Gods.

Haven't watched it yet, but Hancock dropped a tweet it said something along the lines of why did shermer write this article before the interview. Didn't read the article either.....looked at the replies and surprised to see a few skeptics were displeased with shermer

Haven't watched it yet, but Hancock dropped a tweet it said something along the lines of why did shermer write this article before the interview. Didn't read the article either.....looked at the replies and surprised to see a few skeptics were displeased with shermer

Really, What'd they say?

Yeah, you have to hear the points Hancock brings up about the article that were wrong or misleading . . . There were several, and as he points out, that's a rather poor sign coming from a supposed skeptic.

Last edited:

I would heavily recommend Supernatural. I think it is his best book. It is one of those books that ties in shamanic trances, alien abduction, interdimensional entities, near death experiences into one coherent framework.

I would heavily recommend Supernatural. I think it is his best book. It is one of those books that ties in shamanic trances, alien abduction, interdimensional entities, near death experiences into one coherent framework.
Thanks. I'll give it a go . . . I had actually looked at it earlier (on amazon) and was more inclined towards it than the others.

Shermer...that's the "skeptic" who was visited by a ghost and who proved Vedic astrology works right?

Is anyone familiar with the Electric Universe Theory? Astrology is often debunked using gravity: the dr delivering the baby has more of a gravitational pull than the stars. However, EU examines the role electro-magnetism plays in the universe and it seems to me could actually give credence to astrology. Any thoughts?

Drama!

Shermer got owned in the debate, and the other guy on the phone also... when they had a moment to realize they were no match for Hancock and Carlson, they changed tacks and got much nicer and more agreeable.

The other Rogan interviews (I think there's 3 or more?) with Hancock and Carlson are really great to watch on YouTube as Carlson loves his slides and has a lot of great pictures from all his explorations.

I got Magicians of the Gods for Christmas and hopefully I'll have time to read it soon.

Is anyone familiar with the Electric Universe Theory? Astrology is often debunked using gravity: the dr delivering the baby has more of a gravitational pull than the stars. However, EU examines the role electro-magnetism plays in the universe and it seems to me could actually give credence to astrology. Any thoughts?

I have no idea if astrology works. But if it works I suspect it will work utilizing something other than gravity or electromagnetism.

I think that astrology has nothing to do with either gravity or electromagnetism but operates on a semantic dimension that transcends time and space like an author inserting foreshadowing into his fictional reality.

Back