Greg Carlwood has become a talent scout for conspiracy theories |330|

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Alex, Oct 18, 2016.

1. DTK

DTK New

Looking forward to those. It's just good to know that I'm not the only one wondering about this stuff.

Unfortunately, it is. And in the light of the many really dubious and downright scary events in the US during the decades following WW II, I have to wonder how far this went, and if it's going on now even though I don't consider myself as someone who sees conspiracies at every corner. But that doesn't mean that things like the Nazis discovering antigravity, going to Andromeda or building secret bases in the antarctic from where they are now flying their saucers, have to be also true. That's totally unfounded, made-up maybe even ultra-rightwing motivated stuff IMO.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Alex likes this.
  2. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    I finally forced myself to watch some Judy Wood today and tend to agree with you. I was very unimpressed.

3. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    I think one "con" of the conspiratorial worldview is that for some people, it seems to make them suspicious of everyone and as soon as someone doesn't agree with their particular flavor of the conspiracy, accusations of COINTELPRO start flying.

4. Far.From.Here

Far.From.Here New

And there is a tendency for a lot of these "researchers" to act as if they have it all figured out. They have lost any sense of the complexity or even unknowability of some of these subjects. They know how it is and everyone else is wrong. Very rarely do you find someone who is willing to tread the middle ground.

Ian Gordon, Alex, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  5. morvern_c

morvern_c New

She is widely believed to be a disinformation agent.....

Hurmanetar likes this.
  6. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    I'd entertain that possibility... but then I'd be a hypocrite per my last post... ;)

morvern_c and K9! like this.
  7. morvern_c

morvern_c New

Trancestate likes this.
  8. Alex

Alex New

by who?

9. Ian Gordon

Ian Gordon Ninshub Member

10. Alex

Alex New

this is definitely inside baseball, but that's ok with me :)

we've seen this kind of infighting among fringe groups a million times, but I don't see how we get from there to "disinformation agent." why would the "evil doers" (i.e. those behind 9-11) want to promote Judy Wood's work? moreover, as we touched on in the show, Wood's extremely cranky personality seems a much simpler explanation for the drama she creates.

I still think she has raised some very interesting points. but, I'm always puzzled as to why she references the Hutchison effect. who listens after a "scientist" publishes fake youtube videos.