Hellish NDEs

I do wonder about emotional bleed through. Howard mentions being very upset and angry even prior to his nde.

Can you link to studies of nde's, torment, and behavior? I remember reading this too. But honestly, would you want your life story told to a judge or among friends and family? I have nothing horrendous, so i think but who knows what torment i caused?
The trouble is, I read so much here - I would have to take copious notes!

This might help:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dancing-Past-Dark-Distressing-Experiences-ebook/dp/B007SYTK5C

David

The trouble is, I read so much here - I would have to take copious notes!

This might help:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dancing-Past-Dark-Distressing-Experiences-ebook/dp/B007SYTK5C

David
Might be wrong, but in an interview Nancy says distressing NDE's are not related to behavior.

They are us, basically. The tormented and the insane. If you don't help someone and they die, that's your fault.

I've done that! haven't you? Know-ably not divested your investment into a charity , or tried harder to cure a disease. Not fair? But what about causal chains and personal responsibility? Where does the outrage belong? We all falled short. So we get to stay human.

Last edited:
Might be wrong, but in an interview Nancy says distressing NDE's are not related to behavior.

They are us, basically. The tormented and the insane. If you don't help someone and they die, that's your fault.

I've done that! haven't you? Know-ably not divested your investment into a charity , or tried harder to cure a disease. Not fair? But what about causal chains and personal responsibility? Where does the outrage belong? We all falled short. So we get to stay human.
I can't figure out what you are saying, your first sentence seems at odds with the rest of your comment.

David

I can't figure out what you are saying, your first sentence seems at odds with the rest of your comment.

David
Behavior is observable. Mind or being is private -- its quality is private. People won't admit their evil nature anyway! Cultural construct or not!

You can't expect honesty as it would be embarrassing. Therefore the study is pointless. Can't report their own beliefs on their mental development / quality, and behavior is culturally relative.

Asking if we have a history of major crimes isn't helpful. The algorithm of being a bad or good isn't knowable by us individually. We simply cannot know enough to be good or evil. We lack the power as individuals. Power is the right word. We do not determine what feels good. We influence it, sure. But we are not the sole universal power, just, perhaps tiny parts of it.

So why such pleasure or pain after death? It might very well be that some of us make mistakes but don't even know them as such. Look at howlaws change around drugs, sex, marriage, war crimes or the severity of punishment.

We might be in a unknowable universe and pure luck determines our fate. But the odds seem good, judging by what many glimpse when near death.

Last edited:
I actually am guessing that this world is here, in part, to figure out what good or evil feels like. Our experiences confer a coherant quality -- lived experience --to something abstract. If so, why punish anyone?

Because we are tiny but maybe our power can grow out of control in the wrong direction.

I still wonder how can "heaven" maintain its structure? Maybe this world helps create heaven. Maybe our knowledge further solidifies its ongoing aim of perfection.

I've read a few accounts of nde'rs asking the light/god 'why'? They say its purpose for us is simple and obvious. They are super motivated. This world matters, so to speak! Even if its matter does not. It appears we are like god. We have forgotten who we are and have dissasociated ourselves.

Last edited: