How to Describe the Experience of Dying?

S

Sciborg_S_Patel

How to Describe the Experience of Dying?

...Raymond Moody suggests that when “the mind shifts from an intelligible dimension to a less comprehensible dimension, it generates nonsense; a literal account would just be wrong. The mind is forced to talk nonsense transitioning between dimensions.” Moody uses the word nonsense to refer to language that does not make literal sense to those who hear it. However, he also indicates that almost every language is unintelligible “nonsense” to those who do not know the language and its spoken and written linguistic patterns: for example, Chinese is nonsense to those who do not speak it. As we learn more about the continuum of language that appears in our final days, it becomes increasingly meaningful to us and sounds less like nonsense.

The Language of the Near-Death Experience

Raymond Moody’s understanding of the unique properties of unintelligible language was, in part, what led him to coin the term near-death experience. Before becoming a medical doctor, he earned a doctorate in philosophy and focused much of his graduate study on unintelligibility and nonsense. When he began to hear unusual stories from patients who had died and were then revived, he became intrigued...

I like what this guy says about language - it reminds me of the strange sentence structures found in many EVPs. I also recognise the paradoxical nature of the experience from peak experiences I have had, one where I experienced myself as both an individual and merged with the whole simultaneously and one that happened a few months after becoming a Christian where my brain registered that I could see Jesus at the right hand of God, but in fact I couldn't see anything but my surroundings. I think one needs a semi-abstract art such as poetry to give any idea of what it is like, as normal language can't explain it at all.

Last edited:
Below Ingo Swann describes an attempt at psychic perception. The target included a "5" but he preceived it as a "UT" and concluded psychic perception uses a different process than normal sensory perception.

Unfortuantely the original link is no longer available..
http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/2.html

but it is archived on the wayback machine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060214103345/http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/RealStoryCh16.html
My picture drawing also indicated a circle, identified as "red or pink." Inside the circle in my picture drawing I had indicated a TU or a UT thing which was black. If the UT or TU thing had been joined together by one more strokes, it would have made the number 5. When the target tray was taken down, it did contain an off-colored red circle (of paper) in the center of which was a largish number 5.

You will note that my "perceptual mind" did not quite identify the figure of the 5, but that I got its elements. In other words, I had no cognitive idea that the figure was a 5, but I felt that my perceptual processes should have known that.

As a result of this yet ambiguous "success" I began thinking that there existed a hidden extrasensory perceptual system that functioned with rules and a logic of its own. And that THIS system functioned beneath the levels of conscious control of it. In other words, the perceptual process was SUBLIMINAL."​

Last edited:
Back