I hope we're wrong about reincarnation

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by Boo boo, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Boo boo

Boo boo New

I hope it's wrong, because I've experienced things I never want to experience again. Sure there are some really good things in life, but there is drama that puts me in a fetal position. I hope when I die, we're wrong about reincarnation and there's something else so I don't have to come back here. :(

2. TravisMontgomery

TravisMontgomery New

Well, do you believe reincarnation only moves you to similar species? I mean, are you opposed to the idea of living one life as a human and then for whatever reason the next as some other animal?

And what if there is nothing after death. Is that more comforting than having to experience the good and bad again and again in one form or many?

3. Boo boo

Boo boo New

Yes and yes. I'm open minded about the afterlife. But me and suffering are NOT friends. :/

4. Boo boo

Boo boo New

I'm horrified about it, because I might come back as a person with numerous medical problems or some rare genetic disorder for example.

5. Typoz

Typoz Member

It sounds as though the mechanism of reincarnation is being interpreted as merely a re-working of the judgement, hellfire and damnation of some versions of Christian religion. In other words the fear of being sent to hell has been replaced with the fear of being sent back to Earth. Fear seems to be the overriding element. Perhaps it might be worth considering that love could play the major part in the process instead.

6. Boo boo

Boo boo New

Hmmm

7. Boo boo

Boo boo New

Talk about "Hell on Earth".

8. malf

malf Member

I wouldn't worry, Boo boo.

Super Sexy likes this.
  9. fire

fire Guest

Boo Boo. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, then the time in between lives will make it clear that this experience on Earth (or wherever) is like a dream. In that system at death you would wake from this life and realize it was all very much like a dream. Then you would rest for a bit until you felt ready for another dream. Then you would begin the next dream, which would be a life here on Earth. You would forget it was a dream and then you would begin to take it very serious again as you do now. No worries. Don't take everything so seriously. If you have the smarts to torrent, then maybe you could torrent some Eckhart Tolle. When he speaks he is very good at guiding you to allow what is. He is a humorous and interesting speaker. Maybe you would get something out of it.

10. Boo boo

Boo boo New

K. Thanks, Fire.

11. Saiko

Saiko Member

Whoa. I wish you were enjoying your life more. As for those things you greatly dislike it's obvious that they're not givens. IOW just because you did them in this version doesn't mean you will in others.

That said, I don't know who you mean by "we." In my perspective yes, entities do express as many physical incarnations but since linear time is a physical perspective, they're all happening concurrently,

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  12. JCearley

JCearley New

It should be noted that reincarnation doesn't have to have a positive connotation. If I recall, Hinduism presents it more as an inconvenient matter of fact and Buddhism is all about escaping the reincarnation cycle so you get to stay a soul out in space or something.

It's a modern fallacy that everyone who believes in afterlives are doing it for a fear of death and nothing else; some of the mystics suggestions are equally terrifying as the resurgence of nihilism's interpretation.

13. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

I tend to think that if reincarnation is real (and I rather suspect it is) the various lives will seem a bit like computer games! Indeed, I wonder if this isn't the appeal of gaming (BTW, I don't play them myself) - that it mimics reality.

I suspect the whole picture is pretty hard to grasp, so we find it hard to rationalise.

David

Doppelgänger, tim, MysticG and 2 others like this.
  14. Boo boo

Boo boo New

You're right it is a modern fallacy

15. CallofDuty

CallofDuty New

What country are you from boo boo? Most people in the east believe in reincarnation. It is a cultural/religious thing.

16. Boo boo

Boo boo New

I'm American.

17. CallofDuty

CallofDuty New

Paul Edwards documented some objections to reincarnation:

Nothing to be afraid of, there clearly is no reincarnation. Once your dead your dead. People on this forum will not accept this, but this is what science says. Anything else is magical thinking.

18. Boo boo

Boo boo New

I think I have seen this numerous times already. *facepalm*

19. Boo boo

Boo boo New

How come it says you've posted 18 messages on this forum, but I don't see the other 16 messages?

20. Boo boo

Boo boo New

Also, I don't think other people here on this forum are in denial.