---Introduce yourself---

Hi Terri, welcome to the forum. We're alike in occupation too, not that I do much professional programming these days. The last time I was back in South Africa was '94, so I'm quite out of touch with what it's like to live there these days. It sounds like political corruption is a major problem though.

Hi Terri, welcome to the forum. We're alike in occupation too, not that I do much professional programming these days. The last time I was back in South Africa was '94, so I'm quite out of touch with what it's like to live there these days. It sounds like political corruption is a major problem though.
I love to programme - I'd almost do it for nothing.
Yes, corruption is very bad here these days : or at least, it's more visible. It's quite galling.
Crime is bad, too. But I guess you'd know that. Must be able to hear the whingeing whities from across the ocean.

I love to program too, and when I do it, I often do it for nothing - a luxury that I can afford due to being on a disability pension. These days though I have to be in the mood to program, which makes professional programming where there are deadlines quite challenging - so much so that I generally avoid it.

Yes, I've heard about your crime problem, mostly through my aunt, who has visited SA a few times in recent years. Do Facebook messages count as "hearing from across the ocean"? :-)

I just had a read through the top several entries in your blog, and I like what you write about. We do seem to see things very similarly. It was also interesting to find that you struggle with addictive tendencies too, especially, too, with alcohol. On the other hand, I don't have any kids nor plan on having any, let alone thirty year old children - that would have made me a father before my tenth birthday - and I live alone whereas you seem to be quite ensconced in a happy family situation.

Your "Sympathy For The Idea Of The Devil" post was especially interesting. Earlier in life, I might have taken an identical view, but now, due to personal experience, I see things more literally.

Anyhow, it's good to have you on (the) board, I look forward to fruitful discussions. :-)

Hi! I found this site about a month ago and have been listening to past episodes since then. I'm interested in 9/11 truth, anything psi related, ufo cover-ups and general work directed at dismantling the power structure of science worship and the neverending bs produced by pseudo-skeptics. I live in kentucky currently and I like to read anything I can get my hands on. Great to be here!

Hi! I found this site about a month ago and have been listening to past episodes since then. I'm interested in 9/11 truth, anything psi related, ufo cover-ups and general work directed at dismantling the power structure of science worship and the neverending bs produced by pseudo-skeptics. I live in kentucky currently and I like to read anything I can get my hands on. Great to be here!
Welcome!

Hi, my name is Sam Hunter and I was really pleased to find Skeptico (via an interview with Tim Freke). My enthusiasm was raised when I saw that the site (and thus I assume the forum) has the intention to highlight any sort of discussion points, either way, as to "other worldly possibilities." I don't have any doubts because of a massive amount of personal experiences with psi phenomena... specifically the phenomena known as synchronicity. I have had 4 very short but very real OBEs. Several years ago I began to document much of my most profound synchronicity experiences and began to study the phenomena as best as one could while also being a participant... difficult, but doable. I have come to several conclusions though I remain ever open minded regarding all of these types of phenomena. I have developed some theories too as to some of the reasons why much of this is not easily "proved." One particular reason is that these types of phenomena involve far more than what can be measured in physicality. But we can at least examine probability. In this regard, my documented (and even witnessed) cases of synchronicity as well as a few significant precog events I hope to share may stand out. Looking forward to this... this site may end up being one of my greatest wishes come true.

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Sam Hunter and I was really pleased to find Skeptico (via an interview with Tim Freke). My enthusiasm was raised when I saw that the site (and thus I assume the forum) has the intention to highlight any sort of discussion points, either way, as to "other worldly possibilities." I don't have any doubts because of a massive amount of personal experiences with psi phenomena... specifically the phenomena known as synchronicity. I have had 4 very short but very real OBEs. Several years ago I began to document much of my most profound synchronicity experiences and began to study the phenomena as best as one could while also being a participant... difficult, but doable. I have come to several conclusions though I remain ever open minded regarding all of these types of phenomena. I have developed some theories too as to some of the reasons why much of this is not easily "proved." One particular reason is that these types of phenomena involve far more than what can be measured in physicality. But we can at least examine probability. In this regard, my documented (and even witnessed) cases of synchronicity as well as a few significant precog events I hope to share may stand out. Looking forward to this... this site may end up being one of my greatest wishes come true.

Hi Sam and welcome. I'm also fairly new here, although I've been listening to the Skeptiko podcast for years.

Have you read any of the Synch Books?

Hi Sam and welcome. I'm also fairly new here, although I've been listening to the Skeptiko podcast for years.

Have you read any of the Synch Books?

Hi and thanks... If I am on the right track with your question... I am about 1/3rd the way through Book 1 of the two book "The Sync Book" series. 26 essays in each volume. It was only a few months ago that a new suggested I might enjoy these books. I ordered them straight away. Even in the sub title I experienced a personally important synchronicity in relation to the two digit English alphabet "gematria" I have come to enjoy. For me, the numbers 19 and 7 have been the two single most important numbers during this lifetime... and they happen to add to 26.

They say a dog is a human's "best friend"... and I have (for years now) felt that "recognized synchronicity experiences" is our very best friend. In this case, D is the 4th letter... O is the 15th... G is the 7th. D + O = 19 and G is 7. So this synchronicity (for me) was personally meaningful as well as could have meaning to the collective.

What I have found so far in reading the Sync Book is that the very key ingredients I have identified on my own which are foundational to producing and experiencing this phenomena have been mentioned by the writers of the first 4 or so essays. This raised my confidence in my own research and tentative conclusions. Note I mentioned the word "producing." It is my experience that the individual can develop not only the talent to recognize synchronicities and synchronicity strings as they arise but that an individual can increase the number and profundity of this type of phenomena. I have developed criteria for such though I can only be confident this criteria works for myself.

Anyways... I am unsure if this section here is where I should elaborate further. If you know this forum reasonably well, then perhaps you might recommend where I should take this subject up?

Hi and thanks... If I am on the right track with your question... I am about 1/3rd the way through Book 1 of the two book "The Sync Book" series. 26 essays in each volume. It was only a few months ago that a new suggested I might enjoy these books. I ordered them straight away. Even in the sub title I experienced a personally important synchronicity in relation to the two digit English alphabet "gematria" I have come to enjoy. For me, the numbers 19 and 7 have been the two single most important numbers during this lifetime... and they happen to add to 26.

They say a dog is a human's "best friend"... and I have (for years now) felt that "recognized synchronicity experiences" is our very best friend. In this case, D is the 4th letter... O is the 15th... G is the 7th. D + O = 19 and G is 7. So this synchronicity (for me) was personally meaningful as well as could have meaning to the collective.

What I have found so far in reading the Sync Book is that the very key ingredients I have identified on my own which are foundational to producing and experiencing this phenomena have been mentioned by the writers of the first 4 or so essays. This raised my confidence in my own research and tentative conclusions. Note I mentioned the word "producing." It is my experience that the individual can develop not only the talent to recognize synchronicities and synchronicity strings as they arise but that an individual can increase the number and profundity of this type of phenomena. I have developed criteria for such though I can only be confident this criteria works for myself.

Anyways... I am unsure if this section here is where I should elaborate further. If you know this forum reasonably well, then perhaps you might recommend where I should take this subject up?
I was indeed referring to those books! I have them both, and read them some years ago now.
This probably needs its own thread - and I'm also new here, so I'm not sure where it would fit best - although I'm no expert.
I'll just note in passing the things which jumped out at me from your post:

I'm a 7. By birthdate and birth name. My husband was a 6, both by birthdate and birth name. Our son turned out a 4 (which is the addition of 6 and 7) by his birthdate...so, you've guessed it, we made sure his given name added to 4 as well.

Also, 26. To me, it represents 8, the number of eternity and connected to Saturn. 19 doesn't ring any bells in me, though, I'm afraid.

Go check out the sub forums. I'm sure you'll find somewhere to bring up this subject, and people who will take you on.

Welcome, Sam!

So long as they represent my actual views? What the hell does that even mean?

Bit of a hostile response to what I thought would have been well-received encouragement for a new poster.

You had seemed concerned about being perceived as having made too many posts. I was saying that so long as you aren't a troll (trolls don't post their actual views, but write whatever they think will provoke a reaction in the reader, regardless of whether they believe it or not) your posts were welcomed and you shouldn't hold back for fear of being perceived as "posting too much".

Bit of a hostile response to what I thought would have been well-received encouragement for a new poster.

You had seemed concerned about being perceived as having made too many posts. I was saying that so long as you aren't a troll (trolls don't post their actual views, but write whatever they think will provoke a reaction in the reader, regardless of whether they believe it or not) your posts were welcomed and you shouldn't hold back for fear of being perceived as "posting too much".

Not speaking for lighter_than_air, but I did like his comment, so I thought I would explain... I thought it was fine to say to be polite, but suggesting "so long ... [as your posts] represent your actual views" to a new poster kind of suggests a (possible) presupposition of dishonesty on that poster's part. I don't think that is how we should be welcoming new posters, esp to one who has already been posting before writing an intro. I found it too odd, too.

Not speaking for lighter_than_air, but I did like his comment, so I thought I would explain... I thought it was fine to say to be polite, but suggesting "so long ... [as your posts] represent your actual views" to a new poster kind of suggests a (possible) presupposition of dishonesty on that poster's part. I don't think that is how we should be welcoming new posters, esp to one who has already been posting before writing an intro. I found it too odd, too.

Yes, I'm quite sorry now that I even bothered.

Yes, I'm quite sorry now that I even bothered.

Hey, Arouet and others, I'm sorry to see this disharmony. This is my view: of course you had good and positive intentions, but by the same token, even with good and positive intentions, we all sometimes say unfortunate things, or at least things that others interpret in an unfortunate way. Maybe all that needs to be acknowledged by all sides is exactly that. Let's keep the good and positive intentions flowing. :-)

Reactions: Red
Back