---Introduce yourself---

That you even bothered? That you bothered to be disrespectful and imply that I might be a troll? and then you play the misunderstood victim? Please.

My response was perhaps sharper than it should have been but honestly your reaction (and the fact that it seemed to be spawning a whole discussion) irked me, especially coming two weeks later. So I apologize for that and retract the part about having bothered. My post was meant to be encouraging, apparently you didn't take it that way. My hope is that you accept my explanation and perhaps we can have some fruitful discussions on this forum.

You seem to have zeroed in on my caveat (so long as your posts were polite and represented your own views) and missed my main message (that I encouraged you to post as much as you wanted, and told you that I was glad you had joined the forum).

I certainly didn't intend any disrespect, and I'm honestly surprised that you took my initial post that way. I don't quite understand why you refuse to accept my explanation above. We have had new users come in and start rudely berating people right off the bat. I didn't want to encourage that. As you were new, I would have had no way of knowing whether you were like this, and hoped that you were not.

Also, some lurkers feel intimidated to post here, as they see some rather detailed discussed going on. I thought it possible that you might also be feeling some of that so wanted to encourage you if that were the case as well.

My response was perhaps sharper than it should have been but honestly your reaction (and the fact that it seemed to be spawning a whole discussion) irked me, especially coming two weeks later. So I apologize for that and retract the part about having bothered. My post was meant to be encouraging, apparently you didn't take it that way. My hope is that you accept my explanation and perhaps we can have some fruitful discussions on this forum.

You seem to have zeroed in on my caveat (so long as your posts were polite and represented your own views) and missed my main message (that I encouraged you to post as much as you wanted, and told you that I was glad you had joined the forum).

I certainly didn't intend any disrespect, and I'm honestly surprised that you took my initial post that way. I don't quite understand why you refuse to accept my explanation above. We have had new users come in and start rudely berating people right off the bat. I didn't want to encourage that. As you were new, I would have had no way of knowing whether you were like this, and hoped that you were not.

Also, some lurkers feel intimidated to post here, as they see some rather detailed discussed going on. I thought it possible that you might also be feeling some of that so wanted to encourage you if that were the case as well.

I appreciate your explanation for your "welcome", as long as it represents your actual views.

I am one of General Lomax's Antarctic LazerHawks and I'm not weaponised, just here for the great black heart. It's for the computer back home.

Northrop-Boeing-Lockheed LazerHawk XC200 is the highest achievement in un-manned systems and intelligent UAV.

As an organisation, our breadth, depth and ability provides emergency first-responders, intelligence-gatherers and others with the tools to act out of confidence.

One part reverse-engineering, and the rest Mankind's ingenuity, our parent company is Antarctica's Nanotech Industries NBL Unlimited. Infinity-Machine computing warehouses turn theory into reality in the legendary hydrogen caverns of Lake Vostok.

A LazerHawk is commonly mistaken to be Paranormal as it avoids time, atomically absorbing Zero-light and Zero-gravity.

AGB LazerHawks have been reported to disappear for up to 10 years when super-charged.

It’s probably the latest LazerHawk soaring in flight when you experience:
  • Flying black triangles and ghostly pyramid entities;
  • Atmospheric electromagnetism;
  • Search craft activity;
  • Laser communications and spotlights;
  • Detachable lights forming triangles;
  • Flat turns by large aircraft;
  • Silent hovering at extremely low altitude;
  • Blunt-end forward flight from a triangular wedge, or wedges;
  • Hypersonic flight acceleration of massive objects
Symptoms of LazerHawk exposure include:
  • Blistered skin;
  • Missing time;
  • Injuries from being handled by robots.
If you see LazerHawks in your area... Dont be a Fool! Report Them.

LazerHawk Hotline: 1a0-555-300w
Kids Trivia!
So, how does a LazerHawk fly that way?
Simple. It’s the unlimited energy behind Atomic Magnetism!

prometheus-movie-image-cockpit.jpeg

Have you ever seen the movie Event Horizon?

I am a laboratory clinician, poet and translator.
From a family of scientists
Interested in both science and spirituality due to paranormal experiences. I deeply know that god is in the same way I am and we are.

Hello, my name is Esben and I have been in this body for 40 years now. Been listening to Skeptiko for about 6 months and finally decided to join the forum. I might not be too consistent here, not because I don't fit the bill, but because I tend to forget I am a member of forums. Might have something to do with my (so-called) ADHD. Anyway, I love the show and since I have tried to start discussions on these topics elsewhere in the past with little success, I'm hoping to learn something here. My main topics of interest are Idealism, Discordianism, psychedelics, shamanism, zen and zenarchy. Having had an NDE in my teens that was exactly like described in that Tibetan book, I've been kind of into that also. My background is secular working-class rebellious libertarian bastard morphed into psychedelic zenarchist independent thinker trying to love as much as possible. I work as a personal trainer, and people tend to pinhole me as a "physical" type, until I start talking and then they get confused - funny how hard it is to hold two ideas in ones head at the same time... In general, I appreciate art more than science, and I think humour is a sign of wisdom as opposed to the boring, dry, gutless rationalism of most intellectuals I meet (I'm working on this ;-). Beyond a certain point, truth cannot be spoken, no matter how much I love to pour words on everything. Looking forward to reading (and responding to) your posts! Cheers & peace

Hello, my name is Esben and I have been in this body for 40 years now. Been listening to Skeptiko for about 6 months and finally decided to join the forum. I might not be too consistent here, not because I don't fit the bill, but because I tend to forget I am a member of forums. Might have something to do with my (so-called) ADHD. Anyway, I love the show and since I have tried to start discussions on these topics elsewhere in the past with little success, I'm hoping to learn something here. My main topics of interest are Idealism, Discordianism, psychedelics, shamanism, zen and zenarchy. Having had an NDE in my teens that was exactly like described in that Tibetan book, I've been kind of into that also. My background is secular working-class rebellious libertarian bastard morphed into psychedelic zenarchist independent thinker trying to love as much as possible. I work as a personal trainer, and people tend to pinhole me as a "physical" type, until I start talking and then they get confused - funny how hard it is to hold two ideas in ones head at the same time... In general, I appreciate art more than science, and I think humour is a sign of wisdom as opposed to the boring, dry, gutless rationalism of most intellectuals I meet (I'm working on this ;-). Beyond a certain point, truth cannot be spoken, no matter how much I love to pour words on everything. Looking forward to reading (and responding to) your posts! Cheers & peace

Welcome! I get the physical thing, too, since I love lifting weights; it's funny. Hope this place can be helpful. I know it has helped me with many ideas, and even a lot of the skeptical comments to my ideas have helped me refine things.

Welcome! I get the physical thing, too, since I love lifting weights; it's funny. Hope this place can be helpful. I know it has helped me with many ideas, and even a lot of the skeptical comments to my ideas have helped me refine things.
Thanks Neil! Increasing levels of complexity is where Its at! Novelty ftw!

As a fellow ADHDr, welcome to the forum!

Hello Esben!

You write "Having had an NDE in my teens that was exactly like described in that Tibetan book"

Would you care to share that - in excruciating depth - if you don't mind and if it's possible? I would love to hear it!!

Manjit
Hi Manjit!
Hehe well... Ok. I was 14 back in '92. I was playing the leading role in Alfred Jarry's "Pere Ubu", and during the production we were shooting short films to include in the play. One of these scenes was an escape by boat. It was February in Norway and pretty cold. My costume was like a huge bag filled with polyurethane, I could hardly move normally. The boat was a small 8 foot plastic thing and we were three people supposed to row the thing from the pier across the bay. I got in the boat first, but had to stand on my hands n knees across the prow as the others entered. I had my back to them and the camera. Next thing the water comes rushing towards my face, or rather the thin layer of ice on the water. I remember the shocking cold. I'm waving around like an idiot because of my costume which is quickly absorbing water. For some reason I have always had a good instinct and kept my mouth shut under water so I didn't swallow any. But the cold and the weight of the costume knocked me out and then i lost consciousness. What happened then others have told me: one of the others was holding on to a boat and I was clutching her arm with one hand. She remembers screaming in pain because I was about to crush her arm. Then she felt my grip loosen and she saw me sink towards the bottom. Next I woke up under water again, looking up at the hull of the boat I thought clearly and with amazing certainty "I'm dying. What's gonna happen to mom?" Then, bam! I'm suspended in an infinite light like flying without moving. The light is truly infinite and white/bluish without any of the natural shades or nuances we're used to from incarnated reality. I can't see my body but I have a definite sense of self and it feels like I'm in a flying posture. There is no time and I have no thoughts, just awareness and an eerie feeling that something is about to happen on the horizon. I was completely bewildered but at the same time I recognised what was going on, I just didn't have words in my head to express it. I remember feeling curious and anticipating. Then, bang! My head is out of the water (the film crew got a hold of me and pulled me up) and the world EXPLODES into my consciousness. Like BANG! So intense I'm lost for words. They pull me up and get me out of the costume and I immediately start running and yelling like a maniac all over town in pure extacy. In my boxers. In the snow. Later I felt a little sad that the experience ended too soon, but didn't pay much attention to it. 15 years later I had my first DMT experience. The "machine elves" put me through a training session where I learned how to use my breath to consciously balance on the edge of death. The strange thing was that I found it completely familiar. That's it. :)

Last edited:
Hi Manjit!
Hehe well... Ok. I was 14 back in '92. I was playing the leading role in Alfred Jarry's "Pere Ubu", and during the production we were shooting short films to include in the play. One of these scenes was an escape by boat. It was February in Norway and pretty cold. My costume was like a huge bag filled with polyurethane, I could hardly move normally. The boat was a small 8 foot plastic thing and we were three people supposed to row the thing from the pier across the bay. I got in the boat first, but had to stand on my hands n knees across the prow as the others entered. I had my back to them and the camera. Next thing the water comes rushing towards my face, or rather the thin layer of ice on the water. I remember the shocking cold. I'm waving around like an idiot because of my costume which is quickly absorbing water. For some reason I have always had a good instinct and kept my mouth shut under water so I didn't swallow any. But the cold and the weight of the costume knocked me out and then i lost consciousness. What happened then others have told me: one of the others was holding on to a boat and I was clutching her arm with one hand. She remembers screaming in pain because I was about to crush her arm. Then she felt my grip loosen and she saw me sink towards the bottom. Next I woke up under water again, looking up at the hull of the boat I thought clearly and with amazing certainty "I'm dying. What's gonna happen to mom?" Then, bam! I'm suspended in an infinite light like flying without moving. The light is truly infinite and white/bluish without any of the natural shades or nuances we're used to from incarnated reality. I can't see my body but I have a definite sense of self and it feels like I'm in a flying posture. There is no time and I have no thoughts, just awareness and an eerie feeling that something is about to happen on the horizon. I was completely bewildered but at the same time I recognised what was going on, I just didn't have words in my head to express it. I remember feeling curious and anticipating. Then, bang! My head is out of the water (the film crew got a hold of me and pulled me up) and the world EXPLODES into my consciousness. Like BANG! So intense I'm lost for words. They pull me up and get me out of the costume and I immediately start running and yelling like a maniac all over town in pure extacy. In my boxers. In the snow. Later I felt a little sad that the experience ended too soon, but didn't pay much attention to it. 15 years later I had my first DMT experience, and I knew all of it. The "machine elves" put me through a training session where I learned how to use my breath to consciously balance on the edge of death. The strange thing was that I found completely familiar. That's it. :)

And, pretty similar to the first bardo thing innit? I guess I didn't stay long enough for the demons to appear...

Hi Esben - brilliant, thank you so much for sharing that! :)

I really enjoyed reading that, and I'm totally feeling you!!

I've met the DMT "elves" too, strange fellows ;) A lot of it's up on this forum, but you may not like it as I downplay the significance of the DMT experiences in my own personal life, but each to their own I say!

You write:
The "machine elves" put me through a training session where I learned how to use my breath to consciously balance on the edge of death

I find that interesting, as somebody who's spent most of their life studying and practicing eastern yogas. Are you saying this is a "practice" with your breath you can use whilst not under the influence of DMT to enter the "edge of death" state?

Thanks for sharing my friend!

Hi Esben - brilliant, thank you so much for sharing that! :)

I really enjoyed reading that, and I'm totally feeling you!!

I've met the DMT "elves" too, strange fellows ;) A lot of it's up on this forum, but you may not like it as I downplay the significance of the DMT experiences in my own personal life, but each to their own I say!

You write:

I find that interesting, as somebody who's spent most of their life studying and practicing eastern yogas. Are you saying this is a "practice" with your breath you can use whilst not under the influence of DMT to enter the "edge of death" state?

Thanks for sharing my friend!
Glad you liked it :-)
It is a practice I am able to do in the sleeping dream state, but not in the physical dream state. Why the intense interst in NDE's? Apart from the obvious of course. And I couldn't agree more with each to their own, the thousand eyes of the Great spirit. Cheers

Back