Mod+ Is Tom DeLonge finally going give us the scoop on what the government knows about UFOs?

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by K9!, Oct 10, 2017.

1. K9!

K9! New

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...230e4b0b48cd8e0a5c7?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. K9!

K9! New

Apparently the answer is no. No new information. But they want your money.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Trancestate likes this.
  3. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

I watched some of their grand presentation, and I got sick of it - LOL!

David

4. K9!

K9! New

If there hadn't been so much hype about evil aliens and government secrets leading up to this, it might have seemed more credible. But they just never deliver on the promise of new information.

Grant Cameron did some commentary on this. He explains the first video in the second video.

Here's a blog about it.
    http://www.theangryufologist.us/tom-delonges-ufo-announcement-wasnt/

I was also reading Leslie Kean's FB page, and even though she is defending DeLonge, most people are just not buying into his story (or into his company).
    https://www.facebook.com/lesliekean/posts/1563527857038279

George Knapp also covered the story. (Not sure if this is a news story or an infomercial.)
    http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-team-public-company-launched-to-investigate-ufos/833004610

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Trancestate likes this.
  5. David Bailey

I started off in agreement with that guy, but then he wrote:
    This kind of quote makes me angry. I mean, sure, a craft that could jump anywhere in the uiniverse, would break some laws, but the whole point about a potentially new phenomenon is that it will do something that previously seemed impossible.

Even QM tells you that anything - including a spaceship - has a probability distribution of being at a particularly location, which is sharply peaked at one particular location, but which spreads out to infinity (at least if we leave out relativity). Therefore anything that could tinker with QM probabilities could achieve a hell of a lot.

This reminds me of the common argument that X would break the first law of thermodynamics (conservation of energy). At first blush, that sounds like the ultimate put-down, but then if you think for a moment:

1) To apply the first law, you have to know all the sources of energy available. You can only do that if you know all the relevant physics - so if X is a brand knew phenomenon, claimed to use new physics - you can't definitively apply the law of conservation of energy. For example, before radioactivity was understood, you could have (erroneously) applied the first law to claim that a rock which stays hot is impossible!

2) Actually energy isn't conserved, only mass-energy (E=MC^2), and that change only occurred in the last 100 years. Who knows what other shocks may still turn up! Conceivably the first law itself might be wrong - at rock bottom it is just an observation that seems to hold true. Indeed Rupert Sheldrake suggests there is some evidence that energy is not conserved inside living systems.

Still I am glad I only heard of DeLonge yesterday, because if I had been anticipating this event for a long time, I would be mightily disappointed!

David

6. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.
  7. Trancestate

Trancestate Member

Robert Sheaffer had Tom DeLonge's number back in May, when he disclosed the real purpose of the new venture:
    In other words, DeLonge's plan is to set up a UFO-related publishing and entertainment empire, alone the lines of George Lucas' Star Wars. As I have not read his book I cannot say whether it is likely to succeed on its own merits. However, it seems extremely dubious that large numbers of people would pay much attention to all these products were they not enticed by DeLonge's promise of Imminent UFO Disclosure!!!!

Tom DeLonge's "Sixtyish" Days to UFO Disclosure Become "Ninetyish"

In his latest post on the subject, Sheaffer writes:
    In other words, DeLonge is not announcing anything about UFOs. Instead, he has announced the formation of his new corporation to look into UFOs, and he wants you to fund it. What a truly breathtaking announcement! Here is your chance to give money to the very wealthy Tom DeLonge! Don't miss this opportunity of a lifetime!!!
    ...​

Sheaffer goes on to add:
    Is the presence of "government insiders" in a UFO organization unprecedented? Does it promise significant informational breakthroughs? Most UFOlogists today may not aware that back in the 1950s and 60s, NICAP had several former high-ranking CIA officials in its leadership. In 1957, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, the first Director of Central Intelligence (1947-1950) became a member of the board of NICAP. Also in 1957, Colonel Joseph Bryan III, the founder and head of the Psychological Warfare Staff at the CIA, became member of the NICAP board. Several other former CIA officials also became affiliated with NICAP. Nonetheless, despite all these government insiders, NICAP never obtained or revealed any supposed UFO secrets held by the government.

Nor is this the first time that those with a background in science and technology have been brought together in a UFO research organization. In 1973 with much fanfare, former Air Force Blue Book consultant Dr. J. Allen Hynek announced the formation of the Center for UFO Studies. Despite the participation of numerous scientists who were previously part of Hynek's "invisible college," CUFOS ultimately changed nothing in the UFO controversy.
    ...​

and:
    But let's look at the fine print. This is a stock offering, and that entails a lot of legal red tape, "Filed pursuant to Rule 253(g)(2), File No. 024-10728." "OFFERING CIRCULAR DATED SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science Inc. Up to 10,000,000 shares of Class A Common Stock."
    At Longe Last - Tom DeLonge's Dramatic UFO Announcement!!
    Jason Colavito goes several steps further in examining the details of the stock offering, writing:
    In generally glowing fringe media coverage of the company’s launch, no one has followed the money to see where the cash is going. This speaks both to the laziness of journalists—who focus on celebrity and “access” over facts—and to the tacit agreement of fringe types to protect their gravy train at all costs.
    ...​
    and:
    Basically, it sure looks like it’s a media company that sees “disclosure” as the content it’s pursuing only insofar as it provides grist for the entertainment products. This seemed to be confirmed in a promotional article that ran on the Huffington Post in advance of today’s event. In it, the reporter wrote that the company’s ex-government consultants “intend to move into the private sector and to make all declassified information, and any future knowledge, available for all to see.” Note that they only plan to work with material that is already freely available, or that the government will itself make available of its own volition. They don’t seem to hellbent on forcing the matter, though they made vague promises that after generating vast profits from stock sales and merchandise sales (apparently more of the former than the latter, for now), they might be able to use some of the money for UFO research.
    ...​

Some more highlights:
    So, basically, DeLonge is giving himself a minimum $100,000 annual income just for the use of his music and image. As I read it, he would then be entitled to even more money as president and CEO of the company and possibly still more money for the original TTS AAS products he develops as part of its regular operations—i.e., the movies. That part isn’t spelled out in the documents, so I have no idea what salary DeLonge will pull in, or how he will be paid for the materials he “writes” and produces for the company outside of his own production house.

Given that the payments are supposed to last for at least seven years, don’t expect “disclosure” any time soon.
    and:

What is utterly astonishing is that DeLonge is using “disclosure” to sell t-shirts and CDs, and this, in turn, seems designed to create demand for TTS AAS stock. The money taken in through the stock offering—one million dollars or more—is already earmarked to the tune of $700,000 minimum to DeLonge himself.
    In short, this is what TTS AAS is all about: Big cash payments in a for-profit entertainment company. This is hardly a nonprofit selflessly pursuing “truth.” “Disclosure” is simply a product sold for profit.

Update:
    At the noon ET launch event, DeLonge described his company as “a perpetual funding machine,” which seems to confirm exactly my suspicions.

Not Quite a "UFO IPO": Tom DeLonge Is Seeking Your Investment in "To the Stars" to Give Himself a $700,000 or More Payday
    It's a sad state of affairs when we have to depend on unpaid bloggers like Sheaffer and Colavito for insights into the shenanigans of the UFO community. It seems celebrity UFO authors and journalists have become mere cheerleaders for keeping the mystery alive and the funds rolling in.

Doug

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    K9! likes this.
  8. LetsEat

LetsEat Member

This is really cringe inducing stuff. I have no idea how this has gotten past anyone's bullshit detector and its worrying that Hal Puthoff, Dean Radin and Leslie Kean are endorsing this.

K9! and Trancestate like this.
  9. ghost

ghost New

If someone tried to explain how alien/UFO technology actually works, you would all stand around with your eyes glazed over. It's all above humanity's ability to understand. If you can generate a superluminal field, you can do anything.

10. K9!

K9! New

Trancestate likes this.
  11. K9!

K9! New

More promises from DeLonge.

Whitley Streiber gives his support to DeLonge.

John Alexander doesn't recommend investing in Delonge's company, and Robert Bigelow is busy working on his own stuff right now:

I'm still not buying into what DeLonge is selling.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Trancestate likes this.
  12. K9!

K9! New

Where Did the Road Go? gets into the Tom DeLonge controversy. (Trancestate should check out what is said at around 55 mins.)

Here is another commentary on To The Stars Academy (which was originally To the Stars Incorporated):

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Trancestate likes this.
  13. K9!

K9! New

Grant Cameron says it's a setup.

Grant Cameron provides some interesting commentary about Delonge including suggesting that Delonge tried to buy the data collected by FREE from UFO experiencers (6:17 min). Apparently, Rey Hernandez turned down the money that Delonge offered.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Trancestate likes this.
  14. K9!

K9! New

This commentator suggests that what the ex-CIA/skunkworks people involved with Tom Delonge are actually promoting is the weaponization of space. Which Grant Cameron also touched on when he mentioned that Delonge thinks the US should fire nukes into the upper atmosphere (in the previous post's video).

Here's the full Joe Rogan interview with Tom Delonge. Delonge calls UFOs "aerial threats".

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Hurmanetar and Trancestate like this.
  15. Trancestate

Trancestate Member

Robert Sheaffer has a new blog post about Tom DeLonge:

Tom DeLonge, Serial Deleter
    Sheaffer includes a few examples of DeLonge's extreme credulity. They'd be amusing if it weren't for the fact that this flake has raised nearly $2 million over the past month from suckers who believe DeLonge's entry into the UFO industry will make a difference, and actually lead to a greater understanding of the phenomenon.

K9! likes this.
  16. David Bailey

The stupidity of this is breathtaking. If UFO's exist, they obviously employ technologies far beyond ours, and dreaming of attacking them (while probably destroying our own civilisation in the process) is just madness.

I think there are unthinking forces in the US that just thrive on war or the threat of war.

David

Hurmanetar, K9! and Trancestate like this.
  17. K9!

K9! New

I agree with you, David.

Here is more commentary on the Tom Delonge thing.

I thought maybe I had imagined that George Knapp said Delonge's lawyers wouldn't let him give interviews, because it makes no sense that he was on Rogan if that were true. But here it is:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Hurmanetar and Trancestate like this.