Joe Martino Sees a Consciousness Shift… And That’s a Good Thing |316|

I'm impressed with what Joe has done with CE. I think he's bringing a unique twist on the consciousness shift idea by squarely addressing the really bad stuff like 9/11... and still remaining positive.
Do you think he didn't come across too well in the podcast, or is it that I should not have been listening for concepts relating to ψ at all? I mean the concept of a consciousness shift seems ψ-relatedto me.

David

Do you think he didn't come across too well in the podcast, or is it that I should not have been listening for concepts relating to ψ at all? I mean the concept of a consciousness shift seems ψ-relatedto me.

David

I think Psi is too small for what Joe is getting at, something felt rather than explained that isn't based around anomalies but how the world works in a nonmechanistic way.

He could be wrong about much, in fact I'd probably question some of his ideas, but OTOH he's talking about a life view, a reality tunnel, and not the science of parapsychology or philosophy of mind.

I see us older more technical argument oriented folks as providing the soil of potential meaning the materialist cults would poison and the religious fundies would exploit. It's similar to how Nagarjuna lays out an extended argument for Nondualist metaphysics while knowing that an advanced understanding of philosophy of mind isn't at all necessary for attaining Nirvana.

But the kind of culture Joe is trying to grow will, if successful, be part of what brings Psi research out of the cold...even if none of us regulars are around to see it. Kinda sad as I was looking forward to a lot of pseudoskeptical hypemen eating crow...but the entrance of humanity into a higher level of consciousness is more important....I guess. ;)

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
-Greek Proverb

xtaW7WF.jpg

HI ALEXS great show and can u check out this link saw it in a nde report is this a bunch a bunk or what http://universityofcalifornia.edu/news/flitting-through-eternity but get back to me on this link any body would like to here your thoughts
http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threa...-and-he’s-serious-314.3241/page-14#post-91992
it's a bunch of bull... really. I'd would welcome any of these guys on Skeptiko to discuss. I'll invite Fisher, but we might have better luck with the Israeli guy.

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threa...-and-he’s-serious-314.3241/page-14#post-91967
That article has already been posted and discussed on Skeptiko, in the thread, New Book Says NDEs Are All Physical. If you have further questions to ask, you'd be best off asking them in that thread. (Spoiler alert: it's just a bunch of bull)

The delegate gap is not as wide as the MSM is trying to convey, especially with big Cali still pending. I doubt that he will be elected directly while he is battling the establishment + the MSM, but he is close to getting a contested convention where everything could Happen because... Pledged delegated don't count, they could shift at any moment until July and, even, in the convention itself. They were, afterall, created to go over the popular vote if the frontrunner suddenly became a hindrance to winning November or was involved in something serious (like, say, an indictment). The MSM has been counting them towards Clinton's tally to try and take the fight out of the independents, but that is clearly faililing since her numbers vs. Trump keep dropping.

I see Sanders and Trump as two -radically different, yet more similar than expected- sides of the same coin. Both represent an open challenge to the establishment and both have been able to shrug the criticism of political heavyweights without batting an eye. Even if neither is elected, their revolution already won. The independents have won and they are the living representation of the shift being discussed, at least within politics.

I think Trump plays the anti-establishment card but in reality he is the epitome of the establishment, he's an extremely rich man who has been very close to various politicians for years.

We've debated Trump before but I find the support for him despite some of the bad ideas he's put firsts, various horrible stuff he's says etc he retains widespread support to be worrying.

I was looking forward to a lot of pseudoskeptical hypemen eating crow...but the entrance of humanity into a higher level of consciousness is more important....I guess. ;)
nice... and I agree with what you're alluding to... i.e. a mass migration from one belief system to another is probably more likely than a brick by brick dismantling of the castle.

nice... and I agree with what you're alluding to... i.e. a mass migration from one belief system to another is probably more likely than a brick by brick dismantling of the castle.

I think it's a bit of both. There are a lot more people who don't care about research or philosophy - they're looking for a world view that can be lived. Will this exert some pressure on academia?

I think to an extent, as we switch from the religious nuttery of the past with all its endless recriminations about what to feel guilty about toward something more positive. This in turn lowers the impetus of skepticism, which already suffers from the problem of trying to build humanism on conceptions of reality that make every human action worthless.

On the other hand as field effects, information-centric science, and quantum biology grow in prominence the idea that Psi is impossible even in the modern conception of reality becomes an increasingly hollow argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back