Joscha Bach on AI Podcast with Lex Fridman

Do you mean a fully automatically driven Tesla?

Tell me more!

David
Well probably any Tesla at a storefront has the self-driving software activated in it so you could turn it on during your test drive if you wanted.

I test drove a dual motor Model 3 (not even the sport model) and it was a blast to drive. Better than a Porsche. They offered to let us take it home for a day, but we didn't have time.

I didn't play with all the self-driving features, but did see how it mapped out the world around me and it was pretty cool. The only self-driving I let it do was to park which was impressive. ...unfortunately my wife wanted the Porsche Macan, so we got that instead.

Now Tesla has decided to build a new factory 15 minutes from me, so if the Oil and Gas industry goes completely kaput, maybe I can find a job there. :)

Well probably any Tesla at a storefront has the self-driving software activated in it so you could turn it on during your test drive if you wanted.

I test drove a dual motor Model 3 (not even the sport model) and it was a blast to drive. Better than a Porsche. They offered to let us take it home for a day, but we didn't have time.

I didn't play with all the self-driving features, but did see how it mapped out the world around me and it was pretty cool. The only self-driving I let it do was to park which was impressive. ...unfortunately my wife wanted the Porsche Macan, so we got that instead.

Now Tesla has decided to build a new factory 15 minutes from me, so if the Oil and Gas industry goes completely kaput, maybe I can find a job there. :)
So I guess we are talking about self-drive where you have to be monitoring the situation continuously to take over if necessary?
That mode has been criticised because people can't retain the concentration to take over like that - and anyway what is the point if you can't relax and enjoy being driven (or read the newspaper)?

What was the price of the Tesla?

Personally, I always feel uncomfortable driving a strange car, so this is not something I would want to do myself.

David